Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Love's Curse ((Closed))

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Love's Curse ((Closed))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sun May 03, 2009 2:48 pm

It was a normal day on the job for the young Roman servant, and she was up before the sun as usual. She had already begun her daily duties of cleaning, and when it came time she had began to cook for the family. She was the servant of a noble family of Rome, and she was lucky to have such a job. At the same time, it wasn’t always easy, and the family wasn’t the nicest one around. They treated her just as she was—as a servant, nothing more. Still, she couldn’t complain. At least she had a roof over her head and they kept her fed.

They had a son her age, but of course she didn’t get to be his friend even if she had wanted to. He was a noble, she a servant. It wouldn’t be right for them to socialize other than in that relationship, a master and a servant. She was alright with that, though, and just went about her daily duties.

Felicia was a pretty young woman for a servant, and if it weren’t for her poor heritage she may have been a good wife for someone someday. As it stood, however, she didn’t have much of a right to marry, but she was okay with that. She was an orphan, and she was used to not having anyone to care about her. Which is why this was a good job for her.

((OOC;; Sorry it’s not that great…I wasn’t sure what else to do at the moment.))

Lauren is amazing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Love's Curse ((Closed))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sun May 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Richard woke slowly on his down-filled pillow, feeling well rested, as usual. He was always up earlier than the rest of the household and today was no exception. Of course, the servants rose before he did, but they didn't really count as members of the household, so Richard paid little attention to them.

Except one. Felicia was the prettiest girl he thought he'd ever seen, and he couldn't help being strangely drawn to her. He knew it wasn't permitted, and that was why he stayed as far away from her as he could, but it felt like there was an odd bond between them that was growing increasingly difficult to ignore.

He stood and dressed in his usual attire, which was made of a considerably better material than most people could afford. His entire family were extremely rich and he had taken his wealth for granted for most of his life, not really considering the people who were in a much worse state.

He left his bedchamber and made his way onto the veranda, feeling the warmth of the morning air wash over him. It was going to be a beautiful day, and the sky was already very blue. The lawns were perfectly tended and an aroma of flowers reached him from where he was standing. At that moment, Richard was entirely carefree.
Last edited by St.Jimmy on Mon May 04, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sun May 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Felicia got a bit of a break from making breakfast when another servant came in to finish it up, and she took the time to get ahead on her cleaning duties. She was by the veranda soon enough, and couldn't help but notice that Richard was standing there. She had to admit she thought he was rather handsome, but she knew that nothing would ever come of it. Nothing could ever come of it--it was forbidden for a servant like herself to be with someone like him. But she was okay with that, because she knew it wouldn't change.

"Good morning, Sir." She said politely since she was near enough to be heard, still just doing some cleaning and tidying up. Things she did every day, but she didn't grow tired of it. Actually, she didn't mind doing this things, especially since it was all she had really known.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Mon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Richard looked over as Felicia neared the veranda in her carrying out of her cleaning duties. She greeted him politely and he nodded his head with a slight smile. "Good morning," he bade her, and then wondered why he had done so - usually, he ignored the servants. They weren't worthy of his time. Felicia, however, was drawing him again with that strange hold she seemed to have over him. He had barely ever spoken to her in his life, and yet he felt he ought to know everything about her.

"Do you know if my parents have risen yet, Felicia?" he asked, wondering if he ought to be making his way through for the morning meal.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Mon May 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Felicia felt a certain connection with Richard as well, but perhaps not quite the same that Richard felt toward her--which, of course, she didn't know about it. She just wrote her own feeling off as being because she served his family and he was handsome--nothing more. "No, Sir, they have not. The meal is being prepared, however, and should be done shortly, if you would like to go in to the dining area. I am sure that your parents will be down soon enough as well."

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am

Richard nodded and smiled and thanked her, which was again out of character. Felicia had been in their family for a years and he had barely spoken to her before now, so why should that all change now? He went through to the dining area and took his usual seat, and it was not long before his mother, father and younger siblings arrived. Food was served soon after, and then his mother fell to talking of an event that would be hosted at no other place than the Caesar's Palace, since his father was so well-connected. His mother was gushing about the prospects of him finding a pretty and respectable wife there, which earned him a grin from his ten year old brother.

"I've ordered you some new material for a tunic and a robe," his mother told him. "Eyrs is riding over with them very soon, and we'll have one of the servants fit you before he takes them back to make it. He's the finest tailor in all of Rome..." The words went on and on, and Richard ended up phasing them out. When Eyrs arrived, he was sent upstairs to his room to await whichever servant would be coming to fit him.
Last edited by St.Jimmy on Wed May 06, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Felicia was, as usual, serving the family and taking their plates when they were finished, as well as bringing them anything else they wanted. She heard parts of the conversation, but of course never said anything herself, and always pretended not to hear a word of it. That was the job of a servant, after all. Once breakfast was finished, she helped to clean up until she was told to go and fit Richard. She hadn't expected to be given that job, but of course she just nodded and hurried up to his room.

Felicia felt a little awkward coming in, but she didn't show it, just nodding to him politely. "Sir, I am here to fit you." She knew how to do it, of course, and once he was ready she began on the task.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Richard rose when Felicia entered to begin fitting the material around him and pinning it in the appropriate places. He could feel her moving around him, her hands hesitantly touching first his shoulders and then his chest to ensure that the material was being fitted properly. Despite how hard she was trying to hide it, he knew she was awkward.

"I suppose you heard what was being said at the table?" he said at last. "I know you're not supposed to, but it's alright - you can't shut your ears, after all. We have been invited to the Caesar's Palace. Mother will need a female servant to accompany her - if you would like to go, I can put in a good word for you." He had no idea why he had just offered that, but for some reason it just felt like the right thing to do.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Wed May 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Felicia was surprised when he spoke of her having heard the conversation, and even more surprised at his offer. She paused in fitting him, looking up at his face and seeing that he was, indeed, serious. "R-Really, Sir? You would really do that? Oh, I would be so grateful if you would. I have dreamed of going to the palace..." She supposed every servant had--it was only natural, after all. The palace was so extravangent and no doubt better than their simple lives.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Thu May 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Richard nodded. He still felt odd after offering it - it was not something he would usually do - but as he looked down at her he felt an odd rush of pride that he had managed to make her look so happy. He was a good head taller, and he felt a sudden urge to protect her.

"Yes; of course. You deserve to go, after all your hard work. You'll have to stick close to me, though; mother and father will be far too distracted and there are many unscrupulous men there who would try to take advantage. I'll make sure you're safe if you stay close to me, Felicia." It was unusual for the nobility to address servants by their first name so respectfully.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 pm

Felicia wasn't sure why he was being so kind to her, and also why a noble was offering to protect her and calling her by her first name nicely. It was all an oddity to her, but she liked it, and she must admit it gave her a feeling she had never had before. She smiled up at Richard, nodding a little. "Thank you, Sir. Thank you so much. I will be sure to stick by you."

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat May 09, 2009 8:24 am

Richard nodded, feeling slightly odd. He couldn't for the life of him think why he had been so uncharacteristically fair on Felicia, but it just felt like the right thing to have done. "I'll talk to mother about it," he assured her. "I'm sure there will be no problem. You'd better go and take the fitted tunic down to her now. I'll speak to her during the evening meal."

He nodded at her and gave her a slightly hesitant smile before turning aside.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sat May 09, 2009 9:20 am

Felicia nodded and bowed her head politely. "Thank you, Sir. Thank you so much." After a moment she took the tunic and left the room, taking it to his mother. With the special task out of the way, she just set about her other usual ones until the evening meal rolled around. Then she was back to working the table, taking dishes and bringing them. She did her best not to listen to the conversation as she was supposed to, but at the same time was kind of hoping to hear Richard talk to his mother about taking her to the castle with them.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat May 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Richard had done his usual tasks during the day. He had lessons, and also some physical training which was mandatory. Towards the end of the day, he changed clothes and then came down to share in the evening meal, which was a rather special one since his father had only come back from being away as part of his tasks as a noble. As they began to eat, Richard looked up at his mother.

"I've been thinking, mother, about your choice of servant to accompany you to the Palace."

"And why would such a thing concern you?"

"When I was being fitted today, I noticed that Felicia might be a good choice."

"Felicia? I hadn't really considered her. She's very young."

"And capable." Richard shrugged. "Just a thought."

His mother considered, and then shrugged. "If you think she's ready for it, then very well. I'll ask her to come with us."

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sat May 09, 2009 1:10 pm

Felicia heard when Richard was talking to her mother, but she didn't show that she was listening, just continuing to deal with the dishes and food. When she was taking some dishes back into the kitchen, she heard his mother saying she would ask her to come, and Felicia couldn't help a small grin since her back was turned. She was, honestly, quite excited to be getting to go to the palace, especially now that she knew it would actually be happening.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat May 09, 2009 4:54 pm

After the evening meal, Richard went up to his room, as usual. He was tired and he decided to get some rest fairly early today, since his mother would be fussing him so much over the coming few weeks about preparations for the Palace.

As soon as he had left, his mother called Felicia in to discuss the suggestion Richard had put forward. "My son informs me that you could be a likely candidate to accompany me to the Palace," she said. "As I am sure you will no doubt have heard, we are to visit there in the coming weeks. Would you be willing to come?" The tone in which she spoke was much more abrupt than that of her son's.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Felicia went in when she was called, and she listened to his mother. When asked if she was willing, she nodded, but tried to seem calm. "Yes, of course I would be willing, ma'am. It would be an honor to come with you, and I will do my best to please you." She bowed her head politely, really glad that his mother had actually decided to let her go. "I assure you, ma'am, I will not disappoint you."

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 pm

"I hope not, for your sake. I'm taking a risk inviting someone as young as you along with us, and I very much hope that you will not make me regret it. If I am embarrassed at all by your conduct at the Palace, I assure you that your position in this house will not be kept for much longer. Now you may continue with your duties." She dismissed the girl with a wave of her hand and turned to leave the room with one of the younger children.

Richard, meanwhile, was sitting by the window of his bedroom and looking out over the sunset which was dimming in the west with a line of red along the horizon. The first stars were already visible, and he watched the colour drain from the sky as night came along. He had been feeling a little odd all day and now, even though he was exhausted, he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sat May 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Felicia got a little bit nervous hearing how much was riding on her doing a good job, but she tried her best to just push that feeling down. She would just have to do her best when they were at the palace, so that she wouldn't mess up. She only hoped it would all work out. When she was dismissed, she again bowed her head politely before leaving to finish up her duties.

When she had finally finished for the day, Felicia went to her small room in the servant's quarters and laid down on the bed with a sigh. She was, as usual, quite worn out. But tonight she wasn't really able to sleep, just laying there and staring up at the ceiling. Thinking about Richard.

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat May 09, 2009 5:37 pm

As he sat there gazing out at the setting sun, Richard was suddenly hit by an inexplicable urge to go and talk to Felicia. He had no idea where it had come from and decided to ignore it, even though it troubled him slightly. Instead, he stared out across the low mountains which now concealed the last rays of the dying sun. Night was well and truly here and he could hear crickets chirping across the gardens.

Go and see Felicia.

He shook his head and turned away, climbing into his bed. Such thoughts were ridiculous and he would do best to get some sleep.

But try as he might, he could not drift off. He spent hours just gazing up at the ceiling above his head and listening to the crickets outside.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!