Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Menthol's Partner search !

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Menthol's Partner search !

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OneMoreMenthol on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Howdy folks ! I'd like to get myself out there as a writer. On a base level, I would consider myself a more than capable author and tend to enjoy things with a gritty flare to them. My list of enjoyed genres is about a mile long, but I'll try to list a few things that I have been working on recently. My most developed plot line ( and the one I tend to be most interested in writing within. ) Is a crime drama involving an undercover police officer infiltrating a criminal organization. The story focuses mainly on the duality of humans and how perception can greatly alter the reality of a person. I'd consider this story modern fantasy, but the super and preternatural elements of this story tend to be slim and none. I allow them, but none of the current cast feature such gifts. Aside from the modern genre, I've got a few stories revolving around a psuedo western environment, steampunk, dieselpunk, futuristic, full fantasy, medieval, Heck, I've even got a few ideas that are placed smack dab in the middle of the 1800s !

I have been writing quite a long time and while I am capable of writing on my own ( A task which I do partake in often. ) I am truly addicted to interaction with other writers who aspire to create compelling and creative stories together. I am open to new ideas and tend to really enjoy brainstorming with other creative souls in attempts to develop something we can both enjoy. As for why I am not actively participating in most group storylines...I feel like a lot of the time that the abundance of voices can drown out the words said, I know that this isn't always the case and there are some fantastic groups of writers that have made some very interesting tales, but I simply can't seem to fully adhere.

So, What I am looking for in a writing partner. :

My main goal with any partner is to find a certain air of creativity, ideas should spark, things should be brought up and conversation is highly encouraged ! Anyone with an idea is always welcome to come to me, but all of my writing should be considered in the Advanced side of things. I am by no means the best, but I'm certainly not the worst anymore !

Posts are not strangulated by an upper limit, but the lower limit should be considered a level of substance above what one may call a flaccid sentence. I desire writers who aren't scared to be wordy ! Who dig deep into the cerebellum and yank free the bottled emotions of their characters for the world to see.

I am indifferent to the gender of the author's characters, but I will say immediately that if romance is valued that in great majority my characters are straight males.

Plot elements should not be limited to an " Either,or " basis. Romance AND suspense, horror, action, comedy--All of it can be included in a story ! Scenes change and people say funny things from time to time, one should not limit themselves to only one perspective.^_^

Friendliness is greatly appreciated and Drive even more so ! I want writers that are excited to write, people that dive into new opportunities with confidence and great persistence. You should have a passion for what you do.

I do believe that covers most of it, I'm sure a lot of this is a bit jumbled, unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to develop some kind of outline for what I hoped to be a fairly friendly approach to an inquiry for new writers.

If you'd like to get in contact with me, feel free to reply to this topic. I'm nearly done with the PM requirement for new members of the forums, so hopefully that option will also be available within the next day or so. Thank you for taking the time to check it out and feel free to ask me any questions you may have about my writing preferences.

Caveat : As I am unaware of the exact preference of moderators when it comes to various website listings and URLs, I will avoid listing any of the websites I have created for my characters to avoid any conflict that may arise from the action. It will only be notated that I do indeed have various featured writing of my own on a few websites ( used only for personal use, of course. ) and will be glad to share those with any who wish it.

- Menthol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OneMoreMenthol
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Menthol's Partner search !

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OneMoreMenthol on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Oh, look, a bump. Still looking for potential partners.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OneMoreMenthol
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:08 pm

I would be interested in hearing some details about western or steampunk or medieval fantasy plots. Feel free to toss a PM my way.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Halfanelf on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:49 pm

I also may be interested in a medieval-fantasy deal of some sort; drop me a line here or, if you yet can, PM. (:

Halfanelf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OneMoreMenthol on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks to those who inquired. Definitely have enough on my plate at this point to keep me entertained. So, for now, the doors are closed !!!

OneMoreMenthol
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!