Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Midnight Rebellion - Intrested?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Midnight Rebellion - Intrested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Welcome to the future, in a city called Utopia.

One of the largest mega cities in the world, 5th largest, to be exact. It's a perfect place, everyone goes where they're told and does what they're told to do, to keep things running like clockwork. The people are happy following the rules, because that's what they've been raised to do. They are slaves to trends, like a herd of sheep. No one is able to escape it.
But there is always a seed of rebellion.

When the clocks strike 9:00 PM, everyone goes to bed, except a few rowdy teens here and there who eventually are tracked and sent home, but that's to be expected, even encouraged. When 9:30 rolls by, something better happens. A group of people wake up at a set time, the time they get up every night. They head out to wherever the set location is for tonight, usually on hover board. They are untraceable, the trackers shut down. They are different people than they are during the day. Here they can stop conforming, they can stop being who they're supposed to be, and LIVE.
They are the Midnight.

No one knows how they started, even Phoenix (the leader). They obviously share the same origins as Sera's smaller group, the Fire Stars, whom they are always at odds with. Every night they become who they want to be, and do what they want. They have grown together, like a tight knit family. Occasionally, they discover new members, and let them join, but they also lose members. Some get tired of Phoenix's rules about no alcohol, no drugs, and no smoking in the Midnight, and join Sera's group, where such things are encouraged. Some just stop showing up altogether.
By the time the sun comes up, they're already back at home, like nothing had ever happened. They lead normal lives, and they intentionally forget about the Midnight. They're two different people.
The government, however, wants to stop them. A special task force has been assembled to hunt them down, and quell the rebellion for good.

I want this to be massive, epic, semi-literate and I can't have no quitters. You would be able to play a member from the Fire Stars, the Midnight, or someone from the government trying to hunt them down. I would need someone to play Sera, she's badass. Your characters' personalities during the day should all be the same. Trend-following conformists. Only during the night are they unique. They use different names during the day than at night.

So would anyone be interested??? If I can't get at least 8 people, I won't bother.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Midnight Rebellion - Intrested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrinne on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Sounds like fun! I would definitely be interested, especially since it would give me the chance to formally make up the character that's been bouncing around in the back of my brain. You can count me in, if you get enough people.
“La mujer es como una buena taza de café: la primera vez que se toma, no deja dormir.”
Alejandro Dumas

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Torrinne
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!