Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

New RP'er here

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

New RP'er here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DudeRadster on Wed May 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey guys,

I'm DudeRadster, you can call me James...

I took about twenty minutes to type up a whole essay on myself and then, reading through it, I realised I'd lose people after the first three sentences. SO, I'm using the 9 questions reccommended by that pinned thread above...

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?

My username is DudeRadster. Long story on how I picked it, but I used to play a game AGES ago (I was like 5, lol) and one of the classes was "Radster." I had an obsession with the word "Dude" so when I made an account on the game, I made the username "DudeRadster." I've been too lazy to think up a new username ever since :D

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?

My friend RP's on Skype with her mental friends... It sounded fun so I, yes, Googled it.

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?

I once met a guy on Omegle who was into cars, just like me, and so we did this whole Cars (like the movie) Roleplay. (Just, before anyone makes any assumptions, I'm straight.) In middle school, our school had some "for fun" forums and they let us roleplay on those. We had a roleplay called "Modern Combat Evolved" where it was just slightly futuristic military roleplaying, I think based in the year 2020 or something like that. I still have my character sheet, lol. I play a couple of Role-Playing games (Runescape, Minecraft) but nothing real serious.

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?

I've come to settle in the land of geeks such as myself ;)

Nah, just kidding. I'm here to have fun roleplaying... what else would I be here for? :D

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.

I'm not really into the whole sci-fi/fantasy thing, but I don't mind futuristic stuff, as long as it's at least half-realistic. I like some of the prison/juvey and gang wars roleplays that I've seen floating around.

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?

I write. I'm currently on the fifth chapter of a zombie apocalypse novel, which I hope to turn into a three book series. I'm just a teenager, but my editor says that the story is coming along pretty well. I'll let you guys know if I ever take it out to the bookstores :)

I'm also restoring a 1972 Plymouth Valiant-Scamp with a 318 V8. If you're not an absolute car nerd like me, it's a little two door compact car (well, compact for the 70's) with a smaller engine that gives a good amount of power. She'll be a beauty when she's finished.

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD

Haha, writing is mostly all I'm good at. As I said in the last question, I'm pretty good with a wrench. I hope to learn to work on engines some day. I'm also an okay pilot. I've got three hours of real-world flight lessons and I fly a lot on Microsoft Flight Simulator X (flying game for the PC.) I'm also fairly decent with a gun. My ultimate dream in life is to become a police detective.

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?

No, I don't have any friends here. Yes, I'd love to make new friends. Who doesn't?

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?

Yes, yes you do, but you have to come find me first!!!

So, hopefully I didn't lose you guys in the 688 words in this post. Thanks for reading :)

James

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DudeRadster
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New RP'er here

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BabyFaceBeauty on Wed May 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Helloo!

Your introduction was funny,I'm new too so we could chat and do some role-plays as well :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you :)

Welcome

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BabyFaceBeauty
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!