Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pandora: War of the Masks

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Pandora: War of the Masks

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 am

Long Long ago, in a distant land, people had the power of masks. When a person turned 16, they began to harness a power that would manifest a unique mask for that person. While wearing it, they gained super-human powers, and were able to do incredible things. One day, a man appeared wearing a crystal mask of incredible power, with the ability to make anything the wearer wished happen. He announced that he was dying, and that he wished for his mask to go to a person capable of wielding its powers, so he started what is now known as the Tournament of the Mask. Mask wielders from all over the continent appeared to fight over who would gain the right to wear this powerful mask. Over the years, the rules began to change and the tournament evolved into an official event, held every 100 years. An official location was determined as well, the city of Dromedaria. Anyone who wished to participate need only be in that city during the time of the tournament, and upon leaving it, they were disqualified. As long as a participant survived the fights, they could continue to fight in the tournament until they either forfeit, or die.

Unfortunately, there is a dark side to the masks as well.Though they grant their user unique powers, they also have a price. Each mask has a personality of its own, and over time it will consume the personality of its wielder, replacing the wielders personality with its own. Only the strongest mask wielder is capable of wearing the Crystal Mask, and thus use its power.

Character Sheets:
Name:
Weapon(some masks manifest a weapon in addition to powers. Not all do however, so you can forego a weapon if you choose)
Mask appearance: (this can be a picture or a description)
Mask Power:
Mask personality (Optional. I included it, but I don't reccomend you fill it out yet.)

I'll post my character after we get a few people to sign up.
Please note that I am a college student with two jobs, thus I will try to reply on a regular basis (I'm pretty good about checking my rp's) so I ask for a little patience
"There is none so blind as he who will not see" -William Shakespeare
"The characters make the story, not the other way around."-myself
"One thing you can do is cry for her."
-Kazuma The Shell Bullet
"Sometimes, the only way to win the battle is to never let it occur."
-quote from Pot Shots.
unique-way-battle-t24456.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Pandora: War of the Masks

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonmover on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Name: Buron
Weapon: A large wooden club encircled in iron rings, which have spikes sticking out of them.
Mask appearance:
Mask Power: His skin can never be cut, pierced, or bruised.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonmover
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skadaddle09 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Name: Keagan (The Phoenix) Altair
Appearance: Image
Weapon: None
Mask appearance: Image
Mask Power: Basically allows him all the abilities of the mythical bird, the phoenix. He can control fire, and he can fly with a set of wings that look more like flames than feathers. In this form, his eyes take on a more bird-like appearance, and his vision is enhanced. Much like the phoenix, while wearing the mask, if Keagan is struck down, he becomes engulfed in flames that rejuvinate him.

Bio: Keagan has always had a competitive drive and when he turned sixteen and recieved his mask, he was ecstatic. Ever since he was a little boy, he dreamed of being able to join the tournaments. It isn't necessarily the power of the Crystal Mask he's after. He is in it more for the competition; to see exactly where his abilities rank. He excelled in his home town with smaller tournaments, though the stakes weren't as high there, and looks forward to meeting opponents that pose a threat. He can be a bit arrogant at times, but he's trained himself to not let it get to his head...most of the time anyway.
Last edited by Skadaddle09 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skadaddle09
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami Kilmore on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Name: Leon (the trickster) Matthews
Weapon: none
Appearance:Image
Mask Power: powers of Loki: makes user into a shape-shifter and change reality around him. (think the mask from the Jim Carey movie 'The Mask' if you have seen it.)
Mask personality: I have one in mind put I will wait like Saikotsu said.
"You should never talk behind someone's back for you never know what they might do behind yours." -ME

Yami Kilmore
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzDjinn on Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Name: Ariana
Weapon none
Mask appearance:Image
Mask Power: Gifted with the powers of water, which is

water control
healing
telepathy

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

FizzDjinn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Par Zenith on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Name: Sang Von Umbra
Appearence:Image
Mask Name: Bleeding Shadow
Mask Power: Allows Sang to manipulate blood and shadows in these ways:
-- Sang can form solid black chains with reazor edges and crimson veins.
-- Sang can cover a large area in black mist, resembling a room with no light.
-- Sang can create 'shadow portals' in which he can move in and out of, effectively teleporting himself between shadows.
-- sang can summon gory blood drenched golemns, resembling flayed werewolves, through Shadow Portals to be commanded.
-- Sang can forge weapons out of shadow and crystaline blood, usually his blood.
-- Sang can regenerate wounds if he feeds on the blood of others -- the larger or more sever the wound, the more blood neccessary.

Par Zenith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Not bad, I like what I see, all of you are accepted. You CAN put up a character personality if you wish, I didn't think to include that when I wrote the character sheet.

Name: Shaed Kimmel
Weapon: Two swords, Ether Claw and Iron Fang
Mask appearance:(I wish I had drawn this myself, but alas I did not.)

Mask Power: While wearing it, Shaed becomes ethereal (like a ghost), gaining all the abilities that entails (passing through objects, floating in the air, etc.) and is difficult to damage. Furthermore, Ether Claw and Iron Fang gain the ability to drain an opponents energy and life force respectively. While ethereal, the only parts of him that can be attacked are his weapons and mask. If the mask sustains enough damage, he becomes solid again and has to reform the mask using any ambient energy around him. During that time, his weapons lose their powers and he has to rely on his skill with them to keep himself alive.

Background: Shaed entered the tournament almost as soon as it was announced. He has accrued some fame as a notorious thief, and it is rumored he wants to steal the crystal mask for himself. Curiously, he hasn't attempted to steal it, and is actively pursuing acquiring it through normal means. Why he would want the mask is a question that has been on many peoples minds.

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skadaddle09 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:33 pm

I went ahead and added a Bio/background...I didn't think about it when I posted the character. ^-^

Skadaddle09
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saikotsu on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:26 am

that's fine. The In Character page is up guys: pandora-war-the-masks-t32043.html

Saikotsu
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!