Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

SangRoyal-Royal Blood (OOC & Sign-ups!)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

How should this RP end?

Happy Ending #1
33%
Happy Ending #2
22%
Sad Ending
22%
I have my own idea of how the story should end (Please discuss this in a post)
22%

Total votes : 9

Re: SangRoyal-Royal Blood (OOC & Sign-ups!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:25 pm

*sigh* Where is Maiyaa?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KattyKit511 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:30 pm

All right....Tentative profile coming right up!

Name: Liendar Kahn
Race: Nephilim (half-angel, half-human)
Physical Description: Slight of build and very thin, his scant weight is a paternal legacy. Short for his gender (5' 3"), Liendar has white-blond, curly hair that, no matter how cropped he keeps them, look unruly and ruffled. His skin is almost translucent due to its pale nature and bright blue eyes, which he keeps half-closed most of the time. He usually wears a gray long-sleeved shirt, thigh length purple coat that stays buttoned in most circumstances, and black pants and boots.
Personality: stoic, observant, somewhat icy, perfectly polite, soft-spoken (never talks above a whisper), calm, practical, wry, determined, patient, loyal
Alliance: Errachim
Title: General
Weapons of Choice:
Plain silver ring on left hand middle finger capable of producing blinding flashes of light.

Rapier, with a scene of Lucifer being cast from Heaven on the guard and the image of a single wing running down the flat of the blade, terminating at the tip (one on each side), capable of producing searing winds of unknown proportion.

Numerous small knives hidden on his person. No oneā€™s been able to count them, but they bear no magical abilities.

Has the ability to manifest wings and fly.

History: Child of a Fallen angel and a human mother, Liendar has a longer life-span than most, and is remarkably resilient with a knife to the ribs, if given time to recover. He doesnā€™t let on just how old he really is, and he makes attempts to get close to him very difficult by speaking only rarely on his pastā€”when he speaks at all. All thatā€™s been pieced together is that he, his mother, and his younger, human half-brother lived contentedly on a farm before Liendar joined the army. Noted for his infamously level head, he rose through the ranks to become general. Is also infamously noted for his imperviousness to feminine charms.
Save this fairyland we live in, where my failings are forgiven, feel like hunted by a griffin, I'm falling straight down. Catch my daydream. Catch my fall.ā€”Angelzoom

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KattyKit511
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Name: Beiā€™nu jiā€™ena
Race: Vampyre
Physical Description: Still looking in his prime, Beiā€™nu is a tall man with a powerful presence, more for his stance and his intense stare than his physic. With raven-black hair, a pale complexion, and clear grey eyes, he can be seen as both handsome and frightful simultaneously.
Personality: A man of nightmares, Beiā€™nu is fearful of what he is, and while accomplished in battle and warfare, he is forced to wonder what to attribute to those accomplishments, and often questions the morality of using his said talents in battle. Both proud and loyal to his homeland, Beiā€™nu finds the will to fight only in the knowledge that what he is doing is protecting his land and people. His largest fear is succumbing to his thirst for blood and turning his back on the land for which he has fought for so very long. Itā€™s been noted that Beiā€™nu often seems contemplative and attacks often at the last possible moment
Alliance: Youlā€™ina
Weapon(s) of choice: Beiā€™nu utilizes a Chain whip, a whip consisting of several metal links with a spike at the end of it. Adept at using this complex weapon, he still uses it in battle, though that is not often now that he is general.
History/Background: Beiā€™nu remembers nothing before the day that he woke as a vampire. Even after this point, little is known about him other than what he chooses to reveal. He was recruited into the army after being ambushed and, in a seemingly miraculous victory, emerged relatively unscathed. Having no known family, Beiā€™nu devoted himself to the cause of those whom he saw as his saviours-- those who had given his life a meaning of sorts. Having a strategic mind, he quickly rose through the ranks, excelling in both combat and command. While never seen eating, he is known to disappear, often for days and sometime even weeks at a time.

**this is a tenative profile, and I will probally and a little more to it soon
"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" -J. Robert Oppenheimer

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:23 pm

Kat - the only thing I find a bit off is his ability to fly...I'm not entirely sure if that'd be suitable in this world, but the rest of it is fine.

Ex - the character as a whole is great. I just don't necessarily find that a "Vampyre" would particularly side with Yuol'ina, mostly due to prejudice on my part concerning their actions in the past.

Overall, they're great characters, just need a touch of refinement.

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey, I have a teeny input....

Okay, a variation to the sad ending. Most of the original Youl'ina characters will undoubtedly all die, as we know. But-- what if one of them survives, Spending the years gathering up a rebellion group against Maiyaa? Preferably either Rapaj would make it through, his precious liege [princess Nicchi] having been killed in the battle with Maiyaa, and he swears to take revenge, on the yadaa crap we all know and love. OR-- here it comes-- Rapaj throws himself in front of the klling blow, confessing his true feelings for the princess right before his death, leading Nicchi to be the one to gather the rebellion in the memory of her beloved guardian.

OMZ!! I love these mushy endings, XD.
.;A picture's worth a thousand words;.
.;But when those words are worthless;.
.;So is the picture;.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby morriganxchan on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm

If Maiyaa isn't going to be on for a while, Aahra is about to be at a standstill. She's on her way to see Maiyaa, now. I can try to stall, but that would really just be filler, which seems pointless. Does anyone know how long she's going to be gone? I don't want to stop posting for too long, but also don't want to make everyone read something completely irrelevant just so that my character doesn't fall behind...

morriganxchan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Okay, a variation to the sad ending. Most of the original Youl'ina characters will undoubtedly all die, as we know. But-- what if one of them survives, Spending the years gathering up a rebellion group against Maiyaa? Preferably either Rapaj would make it through, his precious liege [princess Nicchi] having been killed in the battle with Maiyaa, and he swears to take revenge, on the yadaa crap we all know and love. OR-- here it comes-- Rapaj throws himself in front of the killing blow, confessing his true feelings for the princess right before his death, leading Nicchi to be the one to gather the rebellion in the memory of her beloved guardian.

I think this would work much better if we actually had someone RP'ing Maiyaa. Seriously, that's just a TAD annoying. Another possible survivor is Xaul, because after the death of his comrades, revenge is all he knows. (and maybe, just maybe, he will be allowed to die this time.)

The other thing is for one of the two happy endings, and then to have Xaul become the villain for the sequel. To me, Xaul has always danced very close to the edge of insanity and madness. What has been bouncing around in my head is to have Xaul be dissatisfied with the outcome of the ending, regarding it as a sellout or something thereof, and then disappear into the shadows. Years later, Xaul, who has remained unaged thanks to the modifications made in him in the Arena, could return as a violent anarchistic terrorist.
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Kƶnnt ihr mich hƶren?
Kƶnnt ihr mich sehen?
Kƶnnt ihr mich fĆ¼hlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:07 pm

I can add some history to explain in detail why he sides with Youl'ina, if you want, as well as the circumstances of him being turned and so forth. Much of his personality, however, comes from the fact that he's something he does not want to be. I can make him a damphire if need be, but I feel he has much more depth if he is a full fledged vampire fighting to retain his humanity.

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vettvyer on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm running on the plot of going to Yuol'ina to ask for aid from the queen because the people are starving...but I don't know how to go on from there. Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by Vettvyer on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vettvyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm

morriganxchan wrote:If Maiyaa isn't going to be on for a while, Aahra is about to be at a standstill. She's on her way to see Maiyaa, now. I can try to stall, but that would really just be filler, which seems pointless. Does anyone know how long she's going to be gone? I don't want to stop posting for too long, but also don't want to make everyone read something completely irrelevant just so that my character doesn't fall behind...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. We could probably get some mileage out of Aahra and Jen'jidai running into each other, but technically speaking, his meeting with Maiyaa was about a week ago. If this turns out to be long term, there are going to be serious problems.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rycyn on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Name: Akaris Er'vori
Race: Human
Physical Description: Akaris is a bull of a man, just over 6'6 he has a massive barrel chest and a deep laugh. A blonde beard falls halfway down his chest to match shoulder length shaggy blonde hair. Arms as thick as some mens torso's and heavy set legs, he towers overs most other men. Two blue eyes gaze out of the tanned scarred face with a feirce and challenging gaze.
Personality: Akaris is a rarity amongst generals, he doesn't play the political game and yet he still holds his rank. A straight shooter, he is known to offer his honest opinion on anything, damned the person who doesn't agree. Generally soft spoken for a man his size he can roar with the best of them in the heat of a battle.
Alliance: Youlā€™ina
Weapon(s) of choice: A massive two handed battle axe is his choice of weapon.
History/Background: Akaris joined the military when he was 16, it was that or prison for the murder of a shop keeper. His tough persona however and sheer determination proppelled him through the ranks. It is since the great war has begun that he has risen to the rank of General, in command of one of the few Youlā€™ina fighting units to be having much success, the Frontier Wolves. A vicious heavy infantry unit they are the core of the Youlā€™ina shock troops. He has no aspirations now save to crush the enemies of his homeland.
Last edited by Rycyn on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rycyn
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Ok, guys, I've recently sent pyschogirl a PM politely asking her to post in the IC as soon as possible so that the storyline can continue and develop even further. But apparently, no computer for her = no Maiyaa for us, leaving the majority of our characters at a standstill, which is unfortunate.

Kittycat: I think that's a marvelous idea, actually! I'm not exactly sure how having my character throw himself in front of Maiyaa's assault would actually save Nicchi from being killed, seeing as how Nicchi would still be right in front of Maiyaa and thus still be able to be attacked even after Rapaj dies. Also, I planned on having like a sort of one-on-one battles between the main warriors of Traachou and Yuol'ina on the way toward wherever Maiyaa may be at the time: one by one, the Generals of Yuol'ina would be paired off with another General from Traachou and commence in a fight to the death - some may be two-on-two or two-on-three or even a battle royal-type fight. Either way, the majority of all the characters, Yuol'inan or not are going to die **I know, I'm sad, too! :'-( ** and the sequel will take place in the future after either Maiyaa or Nicchi die.

Ex: it's all fine. Go ahead and post it in the profiles section when you find time to. Welcome to the RP! =) You can start posting whenever you feel like it!

Vettvyer: My character will, of course, deny that request - firstly, because she is unable to spare any excess anything at the moment, it's under the Court's recommendation not to ration the foodstuffs and thus causing the nation to be in sort of a predicament; yet, Quonya is unaware of the extent of this matter, for she is too focused on the battle and keeping the citizens' spirits up and secondly because she is about to leave for a trip to the islands of Moure. The Queen will keep the meeting between your character and her short, for she is on her way to a rally in the southern islands. After then you could either return to New Errachim or accompany the party to Heechr. I'm not exactly sure what you would do there, though. :-/

And Rycyn - it's about time we get a pretty "solid" character! You can go head and post this profile in the Profiles section (check the OP) and start posting in the IC when you're able to!

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 pm

About pyschogirl, [playing Maiyaa] well, the standstill is a real bummer. I go to school w/ pyschogirl, and so I could probably get permission to play as Maiyaa for a while until her computer is working again. So I will let you know if Maiyaa will be played by me for a while, or if pyschogirl's computer starts cooperating again.

Lemme know if this is too GM-ish, but if so we will all be stuck at a stand-still for possibly quite a while.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Kittycat97 wrote:About pyschogirl, [playing Maiyaa] well, the standstill is a real bummer. I go to school w/ pyschogirl, and so I could probably get permission to play as Maiyaa for a while until her computer is working again. So I will let you know if Maiyaa will be played by me for a while, or if pyschogirl's computer starts cooperating again.

Lemme know if this is too GM-ish, but if so we will all be stuck at a stand-still for possibly quite a while.

So long as pyschogirl gives you permission to do so, and also, any major action should be validated by the original RPer - minor actions like dialogue and other stuff like that are fine to control, just don't do anything for Maiyaa that pyschogirl wouldn't want to be done. But no matter the way through which this occurs, not having a Maiyaa in the story poses as a major impediment to the story - and I don't have any real ideas for what her character should be doing up until the final scene - sorry, I've got my own characters to worry about!! haha

Just keep us informed if you're going to temporarily take over for pyschogirl's character until she is able to return.

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vettvyer on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:16 pm

Ah, well, I kind of expected her to deny the request with the war and everything. Chi'hanto won't be giving up soon, however. Maybe she can just work on relations with Yuol'ina, then? Hopefully Kattykit will post and Chi will have someone to talk to when she gets back. :p

Vettvyer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:33 pm

A'ight!! Major actions validated with the original Rp'er. Check! [If pyschogirl gives permission, Maiyaa probably won't be doing anything major for a while yet. She does have her citizens to attend to, after all!! Besides, I don't got any ideas for her either.]

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Huzzah!
Ok then, feel free to take charge of her character for now!
We now have an evil empress! =D

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KattyKit511 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Second tentative profile. I know the history's a little sparse, but I couldn't think of anything else that needed to be said.

Name: Chenā€™ming Fyiwota-qen
Physical Description: Straight, chin length brown hair. Wide brown eyes. Small for his age. Often wears a green and white robe with white pants, both of which tend to swallow him up. Has a distaste for shoes of any kind.
Personality: NaĆÆve. Curious. Tries to solemn and serious, but often fails. Enjoys laughing (almost hysterically) and sleeping. Doesnā€™t quite understand everything thatā€™s going on around him. Adores his two protectors (his mother and Liendar). Sometimes has abrupt, violent outbursts. Is in denial about his fatherā€™s death.
Alliance: New Errachim
Title: Emperor of New Errachim
Weapons of choice: None (so farā€¦.)
History/Background: Raised in the lap of luxury for almost seven years, Chenā€™ming finds himself in unusual circumstances. He never really believed that his father was gone, and will follow any possible way if he thought that his father would be waiting at the end. The sudden move to a strange land terrifies him a little, but he resolves to be like Mama and Liendar and take it all in stride. He senses that a lot of weight will soon be on his little shoulders and wants to delay it for as long as he can.

KattyKit511
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Yay! Now we've got the final Monarch!!
Now that the major characters are taken, let's get this story rollin'!

Kat - go ahead and post this in the Profiles thread, as well.

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ExcaliburSr71 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm wanting to make a minor character for one of the armies, which one would need it most?

ExcaliburSr71
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!