Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Sci-Fi War Idea...

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

A Sci-Fi War Idea...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Well here is something I've been thinking about, tell me if your interested, or maybe some suggestions on changes.

"Forward march!"

The men and woman in the front lines marched forward, faces blank, showing nothing at all. Though on the inside a torrent of emotion raged, were they to die? or were they to take a life? Either was a loss. But it was clear what they preferred.

"Shields up!"

The clatter of metal rung out although out the desert valley. The soldiers stared straight forward at the lumbering mass of enemy's slowly making their way closer.

"Weapons raised!"

Rifles butts were raised to shoulders, the barrels resting firmly on the shields. For a moment the stony mask fell from the face of a young man, sorrow showing clearly. The approaching army quickened pace rapidly getting closer until they broke out in an all out charge, war-crys on their tounges. They were a pitiful site, farmers they were, not warriors.

"Open fire!"

The rattle of gun fire was deafening as it echoed of the valley walls. The peasant army was cut down rapidly, men and woman falling with a scream trapped in their throat. A tear was shed by that young man who's face now showed sympathy. This was not warfare he would tell him self, it was slaughter. No matter how many fell in the hail of bullets more came until they were almost upon the Allied army one last order was issued...

"Swords out!"

Rifles were quickly holstered on the soldiers backs fitting perfectly into a slot designed to carry the light weight weapon as swords were un-sheathed from their hips. Bright carbon steel shun in the morning sun just peaking over the top of the valley wall.

The young soldier looked up at the sun for a brief moment could almost call the scene beautiful. That brief moment after the gun fire but before the clash. He felt a jar and nearly fell over. The enemy had collided with the lines. All thought was replaced with the task at hand, all of the young mans concentration was devoted to killing his enemy, nothing else mattered, he was in a battle high. The fight did not last more than ten minutes. When the youth eased down off of his high he collapsed on his knees. Observing the destruction he caused. Blood was stained fresh on both his blade and chest plate.

There the young man wept for a long time. His comrades tried to rouse him to no avail. He could not escape the deep feeling of regret, of sorrow, of hatred. During that time he began to think maybe it was not his fault... Maybe it was their fault... Maybe the blood was on the hands of the men that made him fight, not he himself.

When the drop ship came to pick up the soldiers of A.N.E the young man was not weeping anymore, he had found his answer.

He had found his cause...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Break-down of Plot:

Well basically that young man went on to create a Rebellion to fight the A.N.E for the injustices that he sees. Though the A.N.E may or may not be responsible. This is because I was thinking of having the young man a player character and the rebellist group created by that player
(Like name location inner workings and the such.) the only thing that that character needs to be is male the rest is up to the player.

And the A.N.E could be ran by players as well such as the players could be members of a high council or something. And basically that was what I thought of so far, two groups waging war across the stars.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hutch
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: A Sci-Fi War Idea...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Sounds interesting. Or at least, to me. I would join.
Live, love, laugh

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

imogen_22
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Sci-Fi War Idea...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hutch on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:27 pm

And I would gladly have you in it. It's too bad you are the only one to express interest so far. Though yes it has only been one day yet I am impaitent. I'll give it at least another day before I decide to create the OOC.

Hutch
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!