Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Secret Lovers

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Secret Lovers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm

The shrill of an alarm clock quickly shattered Cathleen Dunner's sleep. Groaning, she poked her head out from under the covers and slammed her hand down on the clock, instantly shutting it off. It was the first day of her junior year of college, and she had class at 8 AM. It wasn't exactly her idea to have a class so early, but she was short one English credit for her general education requirements, and this class was the only one available. She'd probably be surrounded by freshman in the class that had never before been in a college class, making her dread the class even more; it didn't help that she was also a psychology major and couldn't care less about analyzing a poem for its symbolism. Oh well, she might as well get this day over with. Cathleen rolled out of bed and began to dig around for something appropriate to wear to class. Her wavy brown hair, once again fell in her vivid green eyes. Most people would find her pretty, but she usually didn't dress to impress, except on the first day of classes and at random intervals scattered throughout the year. By some stroke of luck, Cathleen managed to not have a roommate...this semester that is. With the rising number of people going to college that would probably change next semester, but she might as well enjoy it while she could.

Cathleen pulled on a pair of fitted jeans and white button down blouse, tomorrow she'd return to her usual pajama/sweatpants and t-shirts covered with roomie hoodies. It was a simple outfit, but it was good enough for her. After sliding on a pair of ballet flats (her only pair of "dressy" shoes) and grabbing her backpack, she headed out the door with coffee in hand. Class was clear on the other side of campus, so she had a long trip in front of her. Based on what she could tell, nobody was particularly thrilled to be going to class today, but it was the first day of the semester. Occasionally Cathleen would see a person she recognized from last semester, but she was more or less a loner. People around here bored her; all they were interested in was booze and partying, while she was interested in more scholarly endeavors. Perhaps this year she'd find someone to be close to, someone she'd connect to; once she did that she could focus on a romantic relationship.

((I'm looking for Cathleen's English professor, who she has a relationship with. Just post. I'm only looking for ONE other person!!))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tina101
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Secret Lovers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:20 pm

(( me! ))

Zachary Reese assembled the scattered pieces of paper and piled them neatly back on the edge of the table. A new day, a new class. He sighed wearily to himself and rubbed his eyes. He loved teaching more than anything else in his life. It made him feel useful for once. Every other part of is life made him look like a failure. His father always pick fights with him, trying to find every strand of Zachary's flaws while his mother watched unbothered. Every relationship in his life proved the same with every woman walking out of his life calling him a useless bastard. It wasn't like he never tried. He would do his best to impress everybody but it was all a joke.

Instead, he turned to the college where the dean and his other colleagues along with the students all respected him enough. But it was it. It was the same routine which he had grown tired of. He wanted to find something to look really forward to, like a extreme hobby or challenge. But he had to face it, he was just a plain 33 year old college professor with the same boring routine life.

He quickly straightened up when the students started filling in the room. Zachary glanced at the clock above his head. 7.47. Cracking his knuckles, he put on a smile and greeted some of the students while taking a seat behind his desk to wait.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

littleElise
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Cathleen rushed into the classroom. No matter how early she arrived it always felt like she was the last one to arrive. She scooted into a seat in the back of the room, pulled out a notebook and pen and waited for class to begin. She knew the connotations professors had with students who sat in the back of the room, but she honestly didn't care. This was the one class she didn't want to be in more than anything else in the world. While waiting, Cathleen taped her notebook with the capped end of her pen and looked up at the teacher. He actually looked anxious to begin class; who in the world would ever be excited about starting a class like this? She knew that not everyone in the world shared her disdain for English, but that was beside the point.

Cathleen glanced at her watch, openly cringing at the time. In just two minutes she'd have to start sitting through this damn class. She had to look at the bright side, if she got a sufficient grade in this class she'd never have to take it again. Of course, good grades to her were A's and nothing else, but getting an A in this class would be a stretch for her. The only thing she'd be able to do to get a good enough grade would be get extra help when the time called for it. The very thought caused her to cringe again. She was having enough trouble in this class in the first place and having to spend more time on it was like a nightmare.

((I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm looking for a dedicated RPer (like at least once a day), not someone who posts a few times then gives up))

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 am

(( do I seem like I would give up? If you take my word for it, then I'm what you're looking for. Role play is more than just a 'thing' for me. x] ))

He counted the seconds till the minute hand of the clock struck at 12. He smiled and got up fro his seat, taking his time and slowly watching as the students scurried to their places. He gestured the later students to get a move on and stretched his arms. Once they were all seated, he cleared his throat and picked up the stack of paper he had earlier piled.

"From the previous assignment, I have seen improvement. From a majority of you. Like I had said, this is an initial assignment, one which tests your capability in my class." He waved the paper as he spoke and placed it in front of the nearest student to have it passed out. "Moving on, I would like to assign the next exercise. Critical reasoning." He smiled wickedly. From the long years of teaching, he had come to conclude that critical reasoning was one of the least favourite subjects of the majority of students.

"Your subject for today's assignment..." He paced towards the board and in big bold letter, he wrote, 'Trust and Loyalty'. He turned and smiled at the students and gestured at the board. "So. Do enlighten me."

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:48 am

Cathleen had no idea what you were supposed to take notes on in an English class. Would they really quiz you on class discussions and debates, making you remember the intoxicated views of these students still hungover from a weekend of partying before the term began? That seemed awfully cruel, even for someone who got their kicks in teaching pretty much a mundane and pointless subject. Even so, she scribbled "Trust and Loyalty" in big letters across the top margin of her paper and the words "critical thinking" below. She then waited for someone to say something educated, to impress her, but she knew that that wasn't going to happen with this motley crew. Cathleen wasn't going to say anything either; she didn't have anything to say in the first place. This professor guy should know that these people only trusted their friends they could gossip with non-stop and were only loyal to their liquor bottles; at least that's how she saw it anyway.

Cathleen tapped her pen lightly on her notebook, a nervous habit of hers that usually drove her peers up the wall, and waited for someone to say something while simultaneously praying that the professor wouldn't call on her and make her look like a fool in front of the entire class.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:08 am

Fifteen minutes after the assignment, he got up from his seat and walked towards the center of the front room. He clapped his hands loudly causing an eruption of sound wave and surprised students glancing up with widened eyes.

"I assume that the drafts have been finished. Two students. Here, now." He grabbed a piece of paper with the students' names and randomly picked one. "Harris Greene." A surprised looking teenager raised his head from scribbling on his piece of paper.

"Uhm.. I-I'm not finished sir." He stammered as his face grew red. A sigh escaped from Zachary's mouth. "Yet. Not yet." He brushed the boy aside and scanned through the list again. With his finger on a name, he call out, "Cathleen Dunner?"

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 am

Cathleen's heart skipped a beat at the sound of her name. She should have expected as much. It was just her luck to be called on when she had absolutely nothing written on the paper. How in the world were they supposed to write a draft on trust and loyalty with absolutely zero instructions whatsoever? A good teacher would at least the class something to go on. She looked up at the teacher, coming under scrutiny from his firm, expectant gaze.
"I don't have anything either," she said with confidence. Admitting defeat was a major blow to her, but she might as well do it with confidence and wallow in self-pity later on in her room where no one could see her. She looked long and hard at the teacher, fully prepared to take his criticism, waiting for him to start yelling at the class about what a failure they were as a whole. She'd pretend not to care, but it would be a completely different story when she was alone and away from the public eye.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Zachary shut his eyes and turned around to place the sheet of paper back on the table.

"How hard is it to write you own opinion on trust and loyalty. This is English. Not only do you study the language but the components! Capability! Rationalism! Creativity! Did you think that Charles Dickens wrote about the pitiful condition of Oliver Twist's life without reasoning about his trust and loyalty?" He walked behind his desk and sat down again with neither a smile or frown on his face.

"Students. If you refuse my assignments, then I have nothing to say. If you wish to object, there's many things I would want to lecture on but it's your duty as a student to trust me. I mark the papers. You write them. Or not. Your choice."

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Cathleen drew lazy circles in the margins of her paper. She usually wasn't much of a doodler, but what else was she supposed to do while the teacher completely lost it? At least he was yelling at the class as a whole, not just her. She couldn't understand why he was getting so worked up, based on the looks on some of the students faces, they all wrote something down. There was even the occasional smug look, telling her that some students were over-confident in themselves.

The finally comment coming out of the teacher's mouth caused Cathleen's heart to drop. It was almost as if he expected them to fail and honestly couldn't wait for them to do so. She was determined to prove him wrong, and if this had been any other class she would have been more than happy to prove him wrong, but this was English they were talking about here. Now Cathleen wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to ask for extra help from the teacher, not if he was going to treat the entire class like a group of utter failures. On the flip side, she'd NEVER be able to pass this class without some sort of help, and it wasn't like she had any friends to help her (and she wasn't looking to make a whole lot of new friends); she was stuck between a rock and a hard place and had to pick the lesser of two evils now.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

He left the class to finish up their drafts and when the class time was over, he cleared his throat and spoke. "You have one week to complete this assignment. This time, I want close to perfect. Find your inspiration and work from there." He grabbed his bag and took his time to put his belongings back. "Class dismissed."

The hour and a half didn't bug him. It had seem like time just flew by. He was however hoping for at least one of the two students to give a good example inevitable his topic today..couldn't It upset him that neither of them came up with anything considering the easy subject he had assigned. They would indeed have to go through even harder topic that he was sure they would be draing up blanks even if they tried. But then again, it wasn't high school anymore.

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Cathleen stuffed her books into her backpack. She knew that this was the class that was going to get to her, the one that was going to cause her to lose sleep because she was stressing out so much about the pointless assignments. How in the world was she supposed to write an adequate paper on trust and loyalty when the teacher refused to give them any more guidance? This was like torture! She kept these firm views to herself as she stalked angrily out of the classroom without making eye contact with anyone else. She stared at the floor as she passed by the teacher, praying that he wouldn't say anything to her. The last thing she needed was to be chewed out collectively with the rest of the class and then again in private with the majority of the class still in the room gossiping in their usual annoying voices.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:20 pm

By the time half of the students filed out, he was done with packing up. He stood in front of his desk with his back leaned on the table as he watched the rest of the students leave the class. He spotted the two students he had earlier call out. "Mr Greene. You're capable of better that nothing. I want excellence in this assignment. Especially since we both know it's capable."

He nodded him off and then faced the other student. "Cathleen Dunner. You weren't here when I assigned the initial assignment? I cannot assess you if I do not know you ability." He look at her straight in the eye. She had a spark. She seemed like the type of person who was capable at anything she wanted.but it seemed that that was the problem. Of her wanting to be capable.

"So tell me.then What exactly do you want to do with the course I'm teaching? Why are you here? Do not take me as rude but it's just a question. To understand."

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:20 pm

(( double post. Oops ))

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 pm

The second Cathleen heard her name called she groaned inwardly. She was literally two feet from the door, two feet from being away from this dreaded class until Wednesday, but, of course, he had to call out her name. She had been so close, but not nearly close enough. She squeezed her eyes and took a deep breath before turning around to face Mr. Reese. She figured the easiest thing would be to just tell him the truth, even though it was easier to lie.
"I'm just taking this class because I need it to graduate," she replied with a shrug. She grabbed the strap to her messenger bag with one hand and and longed for this conversation to be over with. "I could honestly care less about this class." It was harsh, but it was the reality of the situation at hand.

Cathleen tucked a loose strand of hair out of her face. She longed to go back to her room and change into some more comfortable clothes. She could tell by the look in the teacher's eyes that he wasn't going to let her off the hook that easily. She shouldn't have said anything and just kept walking, forget about being polite.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 am

Zachary sighed and pursed his lips before speaking. "Cathleen. I'm not as daft as you think I am and after years of teaching, you are like a open book." He took his bag and held it by it's handle and a folder of papers in the other hand.

"You'd rather be anywhere than in my class. Your time can be spent elsewhere doing other 'useful' things. I am a lecturer. I'm not the teacher who makes sure students finish their assignments and hand it in time. This is a place where you're responsible for your achievements and mistakes. Us professors can do nothing else than teach you but if you wish to not learn, we don't need to punish you because that's not what we do."

He stepped towards the door to leave but before he walked out, he turned back again. "In life, we have to do things we do not like. You seem like a student who can but don't want to.. But then I'm hoping you would try harder in my class so you won't repeat it.. It's a waste of time and we both know it." With that, he walked out of the class.

He didn't understand this student for some reason. She seemed to always have something in her mind. But for someone who seemed so bright and capable, she was starting to test his patience.

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 am

Cathleen pursed her lips in frustration and watched as he walked out of the room. He was trying to push her buttons, and she wasn't going to let him. How in the world was she supposed to ask for help from such an arrogant man? He acted like he knew her, but he didn't. Despite her utter disdain for his horrid class, she'd toil over every single assignment for hours on end, trying to make sense of it all and agonizing over every single word until it was perfect; that was simply how she was. She'd show him, she'd pass this class with flying colors without any help from him. She'd also get A's in her other four classes.

Most people never understood why Cathleen took five college classes instead of the usual four that everyone else took, but when you don't have a social life you have the chance to spend extra hours studying. That was how she liked things though, to live as a hermit with only her books as friends. It wasn't exactly lonely, it was actually quite peaceful and fulfilling. She didn't have to worry about the extra drama that came with having friends, and she knew that she was fully prepared for a career upon finishing school.

Sighing, Cathleen decided that she had been humiliated enough for one day. She stalked out of the room with her head held high. She had to show these bottom feeders around her that her pride wasn't hurt by the extra little lecture she got after class. In fact, the reprimand had done just the opposite; it gave her the confidence she needed to excel in this class and all her others no matter what the cost.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Zachary walked out of the class and headed towards his own office. The warm air from the heat radiator greeted him as he pushed open the door. He placed his belongings on a chair and walked towards his desk.

The reason why Zachary loved days like these was because he had only one class assigned and he could take the rest of the day off. He sat down on his big chair and sighed with relief.

It might have been only one and a half hour taken off his day but he was feeling lethargic. He thought about how he was going to spend the rest of the whole day ahead of him and came blank. He didn't have any errands, no one to meet with and no one to go home to.. Simply nothing to do.

glad the day .

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:49 pm

The second Cathleen got back to her place she dumped all her books on the table and flopped down on the couch. She didn't have class again for another few hours, and there was no chance in hell she was going to get started on that stupid English assignment yet. It was a stupid assignment anyway, assigned by an arrogant teacher who thought that he was the greatest thing in the world. He wasn't though, and Cathleen was going to put him in his place. That could wait though, she needed a break from that stupid English class already, and she'd only been there for one day! Even so, she was determine not to let it get to her, no matter what.

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littleElise on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:31 pm

(( how far do you want me forward the next post? ))

littleElise
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tina101 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:20 am

((How about the class when the assignment is due? Next time, just jump ahead, don't worry about asking!))

Tina101
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!