Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Steelblood High [Vampire Boarding School] Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Steelblood High [Vampire Boarding School] Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Natsurra on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:14 am

Okay, so being fairly new to these forums, I've not yet seen all the ideas of the members here. Please forgive me if this idea is overused or sounds a lot like something someone else used before--honestly I didn't know. This is why I am making an interest check before I go and make this roleplay. Please let me know what you think, I don't mind contructive criticism, just please don't be outright mean. I'm hoping for a lot of feedback, so here it is:

Welcome to Steelblood High

School for Young Vampires

[Several Ideas Taken from The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast, I do not own any of these ideas.]

Principle Tobin stood behind the heavy iron gates at the front of the school with an eager smile on his face. He was a friendly man, though many would be mistaken by the way he dresses. There he stood, the first day of school, the air still wet and hot from summer, in long black robes. His skin was pale white, his hair a pale blonde color and his eyes a frightening icey blue. "Welcome! Welcome all!" His deep, rich voice boomed when enough students had gathered at the other side of the gate. "It's very great to see so many familiar faces again." He spoke as his eyes traced the crowd of familiar upperclassmen. "And it is my pleasure to welcome with open arms the new students joining us here at Steelblood this year." This time his eyes found the young, frightening new students hiding at the back of the crowd. "I know this year will be a great one for both you." His hands motioned out towards the students. "And all of us." The new students looked at Principle Tobin with confusion. He was, afterall, the only one standing there. But suddenly he wasn't, suddenly dozens of teachers flooded out of the school in perfect unison behind Principle Tobin. Some smiled, some smirked, some glared and others didn't seem interested at all. "Now then, we will open the gates to our wonderful school for all of you." Tobin announced and stepped out of the way of the gates. At that moment, the gates flew open, as if by magic and everyone, including the new students flooded into the schoolyard.

Steelblood High School had a very old-fashioned look to it. It looked almost like a castle taken out of a movie. It consisted of four different buildings. The one in front was known as the main building and it was the biggest of the four. In the main building were classes, the offices (nurse's office, principle's office etc.) and the gym. The building behind the main building was a lot smaller. It only contained the dining hall and kitchens. The two remaining buildings were to the right and left of the dining hall. The building to the right was the girl's dorm and the building to the left was, of course, the boy's dorm. Each dorm had it's own rec room and each floor had it's own small kitchen.

Now then, on to the interesting stuff. You didn't think I'd forget the vampires, did you? Yes, Steelblood High is a school for "vampires in training." Sounds odd, right? Well, the school was actually created to prevent the deaths of many young vampires. Many people think that becoming a vampire is a change that occurs when you are bitten by another vampire. Well, those people are very, very ignorant. Vampirism is simply a change that occurs in the body when you become a certain age, usually around the age of 14. Not all people become vampires, and no is entirely sure why some teens do, but it just happens and there is nothing you can do about it. That is why Steelblood High was founded in 1894 by Zanic Steelblood. The high school promised it's young vampire students that they would teach them to better understand what it is they were, and what they were becoming. See, when you first enter the school, you aren't completely changed. That is a process that takes at least 4 years to complete. So the school prepares its young students for the Change ahead of them. Not all students will survive the Change, some of their bodies reject it and the result will be instant death. But, Steelblood High has helped lower the rate of young vampire deaths each year. So, this is it. You're new life at Steelblood, will you embrace the changes which come with your new life, or reject them? Its all up to you to decide. (This descripition is merely a draft so please excuse any errors.)

A few side notes:
- None of the vampires have fangs
- Sunlight doesn't burn the skin, it just hurts your eyes
- Classes begin at 10pm and end at 4am
- Blood is needed to survive
- The only guideline for appearance is pale skin and for Third and Fourth year icey blue eyes
- Teachers will be needed as well, but since this is only an interest check I'm not naming any classes yet, I need to see how many people are willing to join first. If a small amount of people join, I'll just make the teachers NPCS

This will be my character, I'm putting this up as an example:

Name: Dawn Callisto
Year (grade): Third year
Personality: I'll figure that out later
Appearance: Image
History: I'll figure that out later
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Natsurra
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!