Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Stranded

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Stranded

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cashala on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Marissa finished faster than she wanted to. It wasn't due to the food - though she had to admit, she liked it much more than half of the high society foods that she had sampled during her years - but the company she found herself in. She felt liberated around James; he didn't know who she was, the awards and medals she had collected, the names of her parents. It was refreshing to sit down with a person when she knew that they weren't out to garner favour for higher motives. Standing up, she stretched, gazing in the same direction as James.

"I wonder if that's what the sunrise on Earth looks like from rural areas," she pondered out loud, resting a hand on her hip.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cashala
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:24 pm

"I wouldn't know..."

*James blinked a few times, realizing what he just said and then what Marissa had said:*

"Wait, what? I thought you were from Earth. You've never seen a rural sunrise?"

*James was confused. Who hadn't seen a real sunrise? Even 'city people' managed to get out and see the country on occasion; you'd have to be living under a rock not to. James supposed that she could be a spacer and had never seen a sunrise because she was hardly ever on the ground, but it was still a strange concept for him to understand...*
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cashala on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Marissa smiled sadly, turning back to James. "I was always holed up in cities. I never left them except to go to different planets," she explained, wondering how much she should tell the closest person she had to a friend. "Parties and social events, banquets and charities . . . I was always too busy to simply go on a nice vacation in the countryside." Remaining silent for a few moments more, she then nodded to him. "I'd best be going then - thank you for the breakfast."

Cashala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:31 am

*James nodded and smiled before standing up and stretching.*

"Right. That's the best idea."

*He was still confused about Marissa's statements and her past in general...just who was this girl? Deciding that he needed to let it go, James turned his attentions to preparing food to be stored at the new shelter. He'd head down to the shore in a few minutes and see what was in the nets; hopefully there were more fish...*

"Good luck Marissa. Be careful."

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cashala on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Marissa merely gave a curt nod in response, she began to trek to the treeline, pausing just before she entered it to look back. "You'd better not get yourself hurt, dolt," she muttered. Narrowing her eyes, she turned back towards the trees and began to mark out the flora she would be taking down.

----

Marissa didn't know how much time had passed before she had to pause in her task, sweat making her shirt and hair cling to her skin. Licking her lips, she realized how thirsty she was. One pinch of the skin on her hand and a grimace later, she realized that she was dehydrated - not surprising, considering the temperature and the strain of her work. Wandering back, she grabbed some of the odd trees she had cut down with the intent of fashioning some kind of shovel or other helpful device for a while before continuing.

But, a few paces from camp, something made her pause. It took her a moment to realize why, and when she did, it made her seethe. I'm obeying him! That ass, he's changing me into a pansy! Normally I would have worked until I couldn't see anymore! she fumed silently. Turning on her heel, she vowed, "Well, I'm staying out here and working. I can do without a lunch."

Cashala
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:11 pm

*James had been down on the shore for the larger part of the day, amazed by the sheer amount of fish that his nets had brought in. It took nearly three hours to kill and gut them all. Now he was busy cutting the fish into manageable strips and de-scaling them before placing the prepared meat on rocks to dry. He was disturbed by his work by a rustle of branches and leaves near the camp:*

"Marissa?"

*He got up and headed up the beach, his improvised crutch slipping in the sand a few times as he went. He was barely able to catch a glimpse of Marissa heading back into the jungle at a stiff, hurried pace, sweat drenching her clothes. He shouted to her through the foliage as he stumbled into place:*

"Hey! Marissa! Hold on!"

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cashala on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 am

Marissa forced herself to keep walking, only a slight hesitation showing in her stride for a few moments. Suddenly, she paused, head snapping around. Holding up a hand to James in a beckon for him to be quiet, she looked at the ground, eyes holding a far away expression as she listened intently.

There. It took her a moment to recognize it, but when she did, she was sure about what it was, and an icy dread settled in her stomach. It was the unmistakable boom of distant thunder.

"Shit," she swore, allowing herself a second of balancing before springing into action. "There's a storm coming - I'll grab the med kit, electronics, and some food from the camp. Go on ahead. The path is marked out already." Without waiting to see if James would protest, she had turned around and raced off towards the beach.

Cashala
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!