Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Survival --- OOC (Re-Start)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Survival --- OOC (Re-Start)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NightyKnight on Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Some of you may remember the old Survival Rp I started a while ago. Didn't get many people to join, but I hope that won't happen this time. Anyho, I have also made a few minor edits.
-------------------

When faced with the horror of your own mortality, many will say that they will fight to the bitter end, sacrifice their own lives for their love and friends, and go out with the honor in knowing that they died selflessly. But every human being knows that there is a difference between talk and action. It is this difference that sets us apart from true animals.

Our instincts force us into confliction. Do we do everything in our power to help our neighbor, whether friend or stranger? Or do we run, finally against the true face of death and yearning to live another day?

We often never know until the time comes.

When it comes down to the most basic of terms, you can only ask yourself one simple questionā€¦

...How far would you go to survive?

The news feeds continued to rage across the array of television sets. Each had been set to a different news channel, each covering the same story. Some had news anchors standing atop buildings, inside helicopters, and inside news rooms; the view behind them showed a city whose streets held massive running crowds. What they were running from couldnā€™t be seen, as if this terrible force was invisible. But, as Grey continued to watch, he realized the crowds were not running from any kind of weapon or destruction. They were running from each other.

Hundreds swarmed the streets, Grey couldnā€™t tell which were still human and whichā€¦werenā€™t. All of them were covered in blood. Then Grey realized how he could tell the difference. It was in their faces, their movement.

The humans ran in any direction, hysterically screaming while their faces held looks of terror and sadness. They limbed, they bled; Grey could tell which were human by their pain.

The animalsā€¦they ran in with a specific goal. They ran towards the ones running away. Pure anger fueled their eyes. With each news feed that showed the last glimpse a camera man had before being attacked, Grey could see into the animalsā€™ eyes. The animals never limped or slowed from fatigue. They just ran and ran until they caught their prey. They felt no pain.

As his view panned from one television to another, he noticed from his peripheral vision a television revert to static. When he looked up to that set, he noticed another go out as well.

Grey looked to a set showing a woman in a hotel room, looking out the window to the crowds below, all swarming the entrance below. Her panicked face went to the camera as he screamed her pleads which Grey could not hear. Her eyes went to something behind the cameraman. As the camera spun to the door of the hotel room, a maid, covered in red was seen for a split second before taking hold of the camera and throwing it to the floor. That set went to static as well.

Over the span of just a few minutes, the televisions sporadically went to the black and white snow. The small, dark side of Grey's whole was relieved, glad he didnā€™t have to look at the swarm he was running from. Thoughts went through his mind as he feared the inevitable. The people he was withā€¦he would eventually have to choose between his life and theirs. He knew it would happen. He just didnā€™t know when or where.

The cold grip on Greyā€™s shoulder made him shudder. He turned from the televisions and faced his friend.

ā€œWe need to go, Grey.ā€

He said nothing and nodded. As his friend walked away, Grey glanced back to the televisions one last time. Black and white. Thatā€™s all it was out there, the static spoke for the news anchors that were most likely all gone. All that was left were the living and the dead. There were no more gray areas, innocence had left the world. Grey turned and went back to the few he had with him. As he surveyed them, he knew his choice.

Scoop:

1. If you are particularly offended or queasy by the thoughts of gruesome and/or frightening scenes of violence, I would suggest not joining

2. If you cannot sit through movies such as Twenty-Eight Days Later or Dawn of the Dead for primarily reasons of offense or fear, I would suggest joining to help you get out of that state

3. Follow my typical guidelines of sexuality but be free to expand of your use of language and violence in this story - just donā€™t be obnoxious or plain disgusting

4. Be aware that I may kill your character at any moment - just be aware of that

5. If you make a stupid mistake,you will be killed. Besides, itā€™ll only be the extremely stupid of you that will die

6. If you do die, donā€™t worry, Iā€™ll let you cook up a new character. Maybe youā€™ll be smart with this one.

7. Characters may kill another character BUT it must be with the dieing characterā€™s consent - a character may attack another character at any time they feel like it but no auto hits

8. I will allow auto hits but only to my creations and as long as you donā€™t go over the top with them. If you need an example: You run into a mob of zombies and kill them all with a bat - I would reply to this, correcting you - You run into a mob of infected, hit one on the head before the rest turn on you and rip you apart. The rest of the party shakes their heads and moves on.

9. The ninth and most important: Your characters are not going to be the ideal hero. They are not absolutely selfless, as many imagine themselves. Of course, they could think that when the time comes they would sacrifice themselves (and I will allow this since it really does happen) but a majority of you have to put into the equation the strong factor that they may choose to save their own skin. Iā€™m not being pessimistic or cynical, just try to make your character real. Iā€™m not saying no heroes, by all means create one if you want to. I just donā€™t want them all to be heroes.

10. This will be set in London.

Character Sheets-

Name:

Physical Description: (Or Picture. Anime or Realistic, I don't mind)

Recent Events: (Just big things. Don't write down little things such as, "Just got a raise at work!" or "Just cooked a burrito!" No. Things like, "Father and mother mysteriously disappeared" or even "Just came home from serving the war.")

Relatives and Minor Characters:

Personality: (Fill this out. Flesh this out. Your characters are going to be real. Really,really real.)

Before the Outbreak: (Another way of me saying, 'backstory' [can be brief].)
'When you're finally in my arms, look up and see..
Love Has A Face'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NightyKnight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Survival --- OOC (Re-Start)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fubb on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Im deciding whether or not to join. Sounds interesting. Zombies i take? Some sort of Infection of sorts? I couldn't read the entire opening posty thingie cause i g2g right now :p just wanted to let you know though.
There is a midjet nord with a sledge hammer chasing you...
-Lycan01

"You speak of anarchy ... all I see is people lining up to flex their election-skills!"
"With RPG-7's?!"
"Yes ... with RPG-7's."
"And AK's?"
"Yes yes ... many a nation have been founded on the AK."
"He just shot that man!"
"He was a traitor to the nation?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fubb
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Survival --- OOC (Re-Start)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Pictures of Lies~ on Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:20 am

Name: Brie Rachel D'Ane (She'll introduce herself as "Cheese" as her preferred nickname. Usually, she won't even say "Brie" it's always "Cheese"...)

Physical Description: She's of average height, about five-seven depending on the day (ha, ha, sorry, jokes...). Of course, her curly black hair lends her a few inches depending on that day's particular style. She's got big brown eyes, which lend a certain innocence to her appearance. There's nothing really about her that is overly extraordinary. Being skinny, she's particularly androgynous and you have to get really close to tell she's a girl from the top half of her body. (Even worse...) She has a tendancy for long skirts because she thinks them pretty. No other real reason. She's most often seen in a large man's overcoat, some random band T underneath, and layered skirts.

Before the Outbreak, Cheese worked at a small antique shop for a friend of her adopted family's. She'd been a full-time student in University and was studying literature. She's always been unsure of a major.

Recent Events: She was adopted long ago and always used to talk to her adopted parents. Suddenly, they've stopped answering their phones. Her "sister", another adoptee who also happens to be deaf, is studying in Grenoble and hasn't talked to them lately either.

Relatives and Minor Characters: Her "sister", also a child from France adopted to an English family, Rose, and the owner of the shop, Luna, who are the closest to Cheese.

Personality: Growing up, Cheese was always made fun of in the way kids make fun. She didn't have any permanent homes until she was nine, and she grew up in France, where she earned the title "Petite Fromage Timide!" (Little Shy Cheese, btw). When she gets surprised or overwhelmed, (occasions that are few and far between) she reverts back to French. Nonetheless, she is fluent in English and has only the traces of an accent. When she was adopted, she lost a lot of her shyness, but retained the nickname. She has a certain pride, as well. She does not like to ask for help, she does not like to accept offered help. She is very quick to judge and usually her judgements aren't correct, but they aren't nice. She's very harsh. She also will voice her opinion about you if you aren't careful. She's a nightowl and prefers to be up studying, partying, reading, anything. She's a chronic insomniac, so it helps... heheh... The problem with her is--as though brutality isn't enough--she's a phobic. She's severely agliophobic (afraid of pain), teniophobic (fear of tapeworms, which leads into others including fear of all parasites), and motorphobic (afraid of cars). It would seem that all of these would be something she could work through, but she can't seem to. Motophobia is definitely the hardest to cope with. It is only being afraid of riding in one, but in todays world, that can be a problem. She tries everything to distract herself, like blare music in her ears and cover her face, but cars scare her.

Before the Outbreak: Before the Outbreak, Cheese was just a normal girl with some abnormal phobias. She'd been adopted, she's bilingual, she'd had a great relationship with her family. It wasn't perfect. She had trouble getting to classes because she didn't use cars or buses or anything automated, she walked or rode a bike. She hardly had enough to pay the bills, and she bought well-used clothes, not because they were in style. But she was at least pretty normal. She didn't have a fear of... what are they, anyway, she always asks herself. They must be zombies, right?
Smile
smile

real, real bright.

Love me 'til

the morning
light.

Find out later
it was lies.

Then you find
the camera

dies.

~Pictures of Lies~
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!