Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

::A teen walks hesitantly towards the Tavern.::

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

::A teen walks hesitantly towards the Tavern.::

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:27 pm

::Taking a deep breath, the youth brushes the smallest of his blond braids out of his face and opens the door. He walks into the common room, aware of everything around him, as any successful mercenary has to be. He carries no visible weapons, but carries himself with such confidence that one watching him knows that if he doesn't have one at the moment, he could have one instantly, if need be. He walks to the counter, orders a drink, and sits down to sip at it. His blue eyes scan the room, watching for any possible threats. His posture and seating choice speak volumes, back to the wall, the whole room visible to him. At 17, one wouldn't expect him to know the horrors of battle, but he knew them well. He continues to sip at his drink as he allows himself to relax for the first time in what seems like months.::

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: ::A teen walks hesitantly towards the Tavern.::

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chikita♥chan on Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:42 pm

ooc: Shall I join you?
TheLoveLessGirl

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chikita♥chan
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:33 pm

((OOC Please, do! My posts are, unless stated otherwise, open for everyone!))

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:50 pm

(ooc: I'll join)

he had been sitting in the back of the bar...facing the door, when the boy walked in. though his own body was close in age to that of the child walking in, the creature that lived in it had a longer history. enigma glared slightly out at the new comer, but was hesitant. no need to make scene, he had just arrived. besides, the guards might still be looking for him. wearing a dark cloak with a hood, he stayed in his seat and contented himself to watching the boy enter. as the boy scanned the room, enigma found himself looking away, almost reflexively. but then again, when you are on the run, its best to go unnoticed.
...unfortunately, luck was not with him. for when he turned suddenly he had spooked one of the drunks walking past. and he looked angry. enigma twitched...ever so slightly..waiting to see. and as the man reached out to grab him, he jumped up from the chair and knocked the man back...
..looking around quickly he found out that he had become the new center of attention. his body twitched again, but he ignored it this time..and bolted out the door leaving the stunned tavern behind.
..once on the street, he tried to blend by walking slowly...keeping his covered head lowered...he walked away..into the city...
Last edited by riddle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:00 pm

((No, but please keep the OOC talk in the OOC thread I create for each of my RP's ^^ Thanks))

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 pm

(sure thing...(last ooc comment on here..))

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:29 pm

::Looks in shock as the kid bolts past him, then does a double take. That's not... It can't be! Xavier could have sworn that he had just seen a dear friend who had died 2 years ago. Intrigued, he gives chase, following the other youth deeper into the city.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:39 pm

progressed slowed to a crawl as he tried to lower his heartbeat. his whole body was still twitching, ready to go at a moments notice. but right then, enigma just wanted to sleep. ever since the accident two years ago, his body had been...changing. he didnt know how to explain it, but he could think of a certain town far to the north who might have seen some of his changes in action. the few survivors had scattered..and he simply hadn't had the energy to chase them down. walking slowly...he tried in vain to blend in, but his dark hooded cloak made him stick out inspire of his efforts. as long as he kept moving...he thought...he should be safe...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:42 pm

::Notices the youth starting to slow, so picks up his pace to catch up.:: "Calvin!" ::He shouts, convinced the youth is his old friend.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:59 pm

seine shouted something...a name. and he stopped. turning slowly, he saw the boy from the tavern running after him. but there was something about that name. something within him, responded to that name, and even the sight of the boy. enigma looked around, trying to convince himself that there must be another he was revering to, but they were practically alone. he looked up and caught the eye of the boy...their gazes locked. ever since he had been placed into this body, enigma had been feeling bizarre side effects and a feeling of...separation within himself. the residue of the previous owner perhaps...
but no matter, he had been spotted.and so he turned and faced the boy, his hood falling back to shoe burn marks and scars across his face and neck...his eyes never left the boys...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:49 pm

::Panting ever so slightly from the run, Xavier skids to a stop in front of the boy who, despite being burned horribly, bore a striking resemblance to his supposedly late friend, Calvin Wolfe.:: "C-calvin? Is that you? Calvin Wolfe? We all thought you died in the fire! Am I mistaken, or is your name Calvin?" ::Hope shines in Xavier's eyes.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 pm

::Panting ever so slightly from the run, Xavier skids to a stop in front of the boy who, despite being burned horribly, bore a striking resemblance to his supposedly late friend, Calvin Wolfe.:: "C-calvin? Is that you? Calvin Wolfe? We all thought you died in the fire! Am I mistaken, or is your name Calvin?" ::Hope shines in Xavier's eyes.:: "Calvin, it me, Xavier!" ::Xavier crosses him fingers, hoping he's not mistaken, for the light in the alley is not great.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 pm

((Sorry for the bouble post, I'm on my phone's internet, so... Yah, I'll fix it tommorrow on a real computer XD Sorry again.))

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:26 am

something about that name....calvin..,was unsettling to his ears. and every time he heard it, something in him moved. but it wasn't the fact that this child was looking much too familiar that scared him. it was his mention of the fire. if he knew...who knows who else knew. his body was tired and he wasn't quite sure he would be able to run very far if need came to running. he wanted to leave, to run away as fast and as far as he could. but the irony of it was, he was done, his energy wasted back at the tavern. enigma tried to back up, and fell over...knocking himself unconciouss.....and in the darkness of sleep....he went off to find Calvin....

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:41 am

::Looks at his friend, it is Calvin, of that he is now certain, and picks him up. He is suprised to find that the boy weighs next to nothing, but that helps him be able to carry him all the way to the hospital on the other side of town. He gets Calvin settled in and sits down next to the bed and waits.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:46 pm

in the darkness of sleep...the creature fins the one called Calvin. and they talk, as they had done so long before...
..as always..the creature went first..
"what are you doing? leaving me with this...this boy. do you know him?"
"I'm not sure...I never got to see him. what is his name?"
"xavier...or something close. but it doesnt matter. he knows us, we have to kill him."
"xavier? are you sure?"
"I think so, why does it matter?"
"I don't think we have to worry, he was my friend before the accident."
"how do we know he can be trusted?"
"because if he couldnt, we would either be with the army...or dead by now."
to this, the creature had almost no reply. then;
"fine, maybe he can be trusted. but I don't know him...you do. so you are going to have to stay awake...at least for now. to help me out."
"can't I just take over for a little?"
"maybe...in time. but for now we need food, and you are still weak."
Calvin nods and enigma smiles. they both stand up. and the boy on the bed begins to wake up...

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:53 pm

::A stirring from the bed wakes Xavier out of his dozing. He looks over to see his friend, Calvin, staring at him. He smiles.:: "Hey buddy! Where have you been? What happened? We all thought you died in the fire! Oh, but that's for later, I've brought your favorite food! Or, it used to be your favorite." ::Hands his friend a plate from the table beside him.:: "So, I've become a mercenary. I know, I know. Me? The gentlest one in the group, a killer for hire? It's true, though... I finally found a use for those enchanted weapons. You remember them, right? The ones that come to their owner's hand when called, no matter where they are? Yeah... weapons training was tedious, but I found it helped me cope with my losses... I excelled, graduated top of my class... I'm inbetween clients at the moment, so... I figured I'd stay in town a while, at least till you're up and at 'em again, ya know?" ::Falls silent, waiting for a response.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:35 pm

overwhelmed with the questions, the creature hastily receded shoving the boy up to speak. smiling a little, Calvin spoke.
"its great to see you too, and I have been doing alright. as to where I've been, I hardly remember. sometimes I'll go to sleep, and wake up somewhere else, and sometimes I just find myself walking... something happened in that fire, but I'm not sure what. my body...is changing around me. and there's...this voice..in my head sometimes. I have been on the run, I'm apparently wanted for something I couldnt have done. but its great to finally see someone familiar. and thats great news about becoming a bounty hunter, sounds like your not doing too bad yourself."
..he smiles, and eats the food quickly.
"where are you headed from here?"

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfinityUnending on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:41 pm

::Smiles as the boy talks.:: "It's great to see you again too! No, not bounty hunter, mercenary, although they are very similar... As to where I'm headed.... I dunno, whever the winds take me, I guess... but... what do you mean, changed you? And the voice? You mean like... possessed? Or...?" ::Trails off worriedly.::

InfinityUnending
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:46 pm

looks at him...worried. he leans close..and whispers.
"I..I don't know. its not like anything I have ever heard of before, but we have to be carefull. i think its asleep for now, but if it wales up who knows what could happen. it can do terrible things, when it wants to, and it always wants to. but its not a demon..I tried to get rid of it, but it eat the preist. I..I'm scared. I don't know what I'm going to do..."

riddle
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!