Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Great Rp Partner Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Great Rp Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Well, I currently have a character that I'm not sure what to do with:

Yamainu

I don't want to write about his past in any normal way, I want to flesh him out into a explainable history and eventually turn his world into a full blown rp, its just that I don't have any idea where to take him. I'm looking for someone literate, to play a female assistant that has the same ability as him (time travel, combat ability...etc) That knows about his past and can fit the pieces together for him. (Input into this story is appreciated)

The story so far is that he just woke up one day in the backyard of a mansion, underneath a massive cherry blossom tree with the name "Yamainu" etched into it. His "assistant" is the person who wakes him up, and his demeanor is much like a child's curious, and free spirited. (I still need help with the beginning of the story) Like all children he wanders off into a nearby town and causes trouble by starting a brawl in a brothel; after the incident he decides to literally buy the brothel and have the girls and their matriarch live with them as maids, also sending some of them back to their families. (Note he isn't a lecher so this is more of a kindness of the heart gesture.)

His assistant begins to basically teach him all that he taught her, as well as calling on his past friends which of whom he believes he's never met. As he learns, he begins to have his memories filled in...with agonizing migraines and flare ups of his magical powers (and others innate powers manifesting), which cause tears in the fabric of reality, unleashing separate dimensions on the human realm of earth that causing anti-humans and other dimensional beasts to walk the earth. (This part is still on the drawing board)

So far this is the premise more or less of what the story revolves around, This whole progress is to improve myself before I try any bigger ideas and I want to have some fun. It will be as literate as I can make it, and it will be flexible to any schedule because it will be slower some times and faster paced at other times. There will be combat, drama, comedy, serious business, and hell even some cheese wheels :D lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise the one story above, I like a sprinkle of everything in my genres. Vampires (that DON'T sparkle) demons, angels, meeces, just about anything is good with me. Up top is just a piece of a the 1000s of stories I have running through my brain juices o.o PM me or answer here and I'll get back to you. (I'm a lurker, I answer faster than most people can even post o.o lol)

Preferences: This Rp will be done in private chat so we can curse like sailors, and the content will be gory and tasteful. The other content will depend on the person that answers the call; me personally I only have a few limitations, we'll establish limits in PM.

Requirements:

-Creative, Literate, and mature Roleplayer willing to play a Woman (Male or Female)
-Someone willing to deal with my laziness at times and non posting at other times
-Someone will to compromise with my wildly broad "lore whoring"
-Someone who I can bounce ideas off of and that will add to the story and help me iron things out
-Someone cooler than the other side of the pillow :D

A bump for good measure and some information has been added into the main post for anyone who looks in here. I've fleshed out Yamainu's world a bit more and even discuss the main plot of the story o.o :

Twelve Oracles school of magic, located in the Magikí̱ Diástasi̱ (Magic Dimension) This is a dimension which has a connection to all dimensions whether it be heaven, hell, or purgatory. In this dimension time passes according to this time (This allows students to become so strong in a short amount of time in human years) :

1 Month---10,950 Days (or 30 days)
1 Day---365.25 Days (or 1 year)
1 Hour---15 Days, 5 hours and 15 mins
1 Minute---6 hours and 5 minutes
1 Second---6 minutes

Background on the Twelve Oracles School of magic (Inspired by the Harry Potter Series, but nowhere as child friendly):

Anyone whether it be human, neko, Daemon (demon), divine (angel) or any other kind of being can attend the school for up to 10 years((Note these years are in Magikí̱ Diástasi̱ time)) (6 normal school years and 4 more for extended study) Professors typically live on campus unless they have "species issues" (weakness to sunlight, nighttime, dangerous curses etc...) The school was created 10,000 years ago by the 12 Wives of Legendary Yokai of Japanese legend. (Hence the Twelves Oracles)

At the school students are taught magic and anything encompassing magic. They are also trained as soldiers because of the many wars that transpire between dimensions(Think of each dimension as its own planet) The students can learn anything they want without restrictions, I.E. Forbidden Arts, Elements, Herbology...etc Students that are deemed prodigies and savants are sent to learn and train in the Tower of Filum. (The tower of the threads*of life*) it is said that in this tower the heavily gifted are taught to control their powers so they do not alter reality. Only 12 beings in existence are said to have emerged from this tower. Yamainu and (Insert partner's name here) were 2 out of 6 that were sent there and survived.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in this dimension which connects all dimensions together, there is no good and evil, only two things exist: Order and Chaos.

The Order

Their leader is Jubelius. She is a critical and self assured being with a penchant for punishment. The order destroys what it deems unjust whether it be a human or animals. They are currently in the human realm desamating the world , as they deem humans "unjust." The prowess of a soldier of the order is represented by a tattooed number under their right or left eye.

Ranking of Trines

The Trines are a system of Ranking under in the order, used to separate the various soldiers into a ranking ladder. The rank system goes from 1st to 4th (1st being the strongest, 4th being the weakest) This trines system is set up to basically rank the order in terms of power. In order to combat the chaos , they often conceal their numbers to avoid being sized up and remain a mystery in terms of power.

Trine 1:16 Soldiers
Trine 2:12 Soldiers
Trine 3:8 Soldiers
Trine 4:4 Soldiers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chaos

Their leader is Nurarihyon. He is a manipulative and destructive being. The chaos destroys everything despite it's alignment or nature. The main advantage of the chaos in their numbers, they have 100x times as many soldiers as the order. Another advantage is the fact that all soldiers of the chaos do not have spiritual presence, so senses do not work against them, also they can ambush other beings easily and they tend to travel in groups.

--------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

After all of that Lore info now onto the story of Yamainu and his partner.....:

The two of them graduated from Twelve Oracle in two years along with 2 other students with the highest honors possible (the other two students will be important in the future depending on how the story goes) and throughout the years of school they have grown fond of each other. After 5 years in The tower of Filum they reunited (romantic moment here) and agreed to go back to the human Diástasi̱ and live together in Roselym Thornwind Manor.

For years they have worked together on theories and magic in general. They make a living by helping towns and cities around them with problems that can't be solved by humans, such as Mythical beasts, Bounty Heads that escape into the human dimension, Attacks from the Order and Chaos...etc They both take on apprentices (although its extremely rare) from time to time and they both teach at Twelve Oracles when needed. One day Yamainu dosed off underneath the the cherry blossom tree behind his home. (This is the part of the plot that we will rp up to---we could even start back in the Twelve Oracles school first year to establish more of a basis for the characters.
---------

Also a couple of tidbits to separate this story from Harry Potter and the many other things that are combined that are in popular culture today:

-Yam's parents ARE alive and they don't die throughout the series
-Yam excels in physical combat and minors in magical combat (More for balance and preference)

Significant plot points:

-Yam is cursed with a time related aliment; he typically sleeps with a device on that absorbs his access energy and releases it into the atmosphere (which heals the earth over time as well as heals any nearby beings of lesser aliments---Note: The manor he lives in is by a hospital district for a reason) Think time traveler's wife with a twist: Instead of physical traveling in time A temporal transfer that allows the mind to inhabit the body of another in the past or future. It Causes both the host and transferee body to black out, and it fatigues the effected persons body (both the traveler and the person) for 3 days after both sides have returns to one's body. Touching someone while going back or forward in time while looking them in the eyes can also drag the person through time as well.

This aliment is hereditary and it effects any being gifted with magical power (100 out of 1000 beings have the aliment) Think of it as "Magical Cancer" o.o lol

Alright, think that everything....o.o Sorry if its extremely long. I tend to go into extreme detail because I don't want people to misunderstand lol

-This is the reason for his amnesia as well as the cause of his loss of control (How can someone remember how to control their own power if they do not remember the training or knowledge they had to control it in the first place?) His loss of control (or rather the person that jumped into his body's loss of control) during the return of his mind caused his mind to release magical energy during a dream which turned the dream into reality; and what happens when you wake up from a dream? You forget parts of it or can't think of what it was about or forget it altogether...phew @_@

I can tell you all of this because I have MASSIVE plot twist in the story itself o.o Give me some feedback and tell me what you think.
Last edited by Liquidus on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Great Rp Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby welcoming lies on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm interested in working something out :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

welcoming lies
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Sounds good to me :D I do have some that is playing the assistant, but there are alot of places where a real player would add tremendously to the story.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm

A bump for good measure and some information has been added into the main post for anyone who looks in here. I've fleshed out Yamainu's world a bit more and even discuss the main plot of the story o.o

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Still on the search o.o I have the basis of the story and the world in the posts above. Check them out :D

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!