Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The journey, <looking for people>

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The journey, <looking for people>

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:50 am

Setting: A Fantasy setting, beggining in the town of Lurthole, Two elven brothers are sent on a quest to slay a beast thats very existance poses a threat to compleatly wipe out the elven race, these brothers set off to the Lurthole markets for supplies but also find a few allys that may help them on their quest.

This role play is going to be a travelling R-P in which the group of soon to be hero's (can't be well known hero's before to story begins) set out to destroy this beasts and once again bring peace to the world, while over coming many obsticles.

Character sheet: Both the Elven brothers parts have been reserved, your character must meet up with the siblings in the town of Lurthole somehow.

Name: (1st and last)
race:(i would suggest you'd go with a well known race, but if you do decide to make your own, include alot of backstory and a good description of your race along with any special abilities, nothing over powered
Appearence:(no pictures)
Clothing:
Weapons:(be realistic with how much they can carry)
other items:
backstory:(Just needs to be enough for us to understand the character and their personality, but very descript ones would also be very nice
Any special abilities:(nothing over powered)
transportation:(horse, donkey, or any thing else, you can make up an animal, preferably not flying)
anything else we might need to know:

rules: -My friend and I who are playing the elven brothers can only control story line, you can control minor characters, and things that happen, but no absolutly major changes
-swearing is allowed but dont go crazy, keep it realistic
-do not character control
-follow the character sheet
-even though its fantasy, im still a nut about realism so keep it realistic
-make posts as long and descriptive as possible

I will be posting my character sheet soon. but i will approve any sent in here as soon as possible.
Last edited by danqaz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

danqaz
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The journey, <looking for people>

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adrianna on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 am

I want to join please :) If its ok, I will add a character shet when I have more time as I have to go now :(
Wherever you are
Whoever you're with
I hope your happy
Because I'm not.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Adrianna
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am

You may join, adrianna, so long as you supply a good character sheet :D.

heres mine
Name: Zeirat Lethen

race:Elf

Appearence: around 180 cm tall (6 foot) the front of his hair is silver but as it goes back down to his neck it moulds into a dark brown, his long ears are curled at the end to simpolise magic, his skin is very pail and he is very thin

Clothing:leathure pants and boots along with a dark purple cloth jacket with a hood that he only equipts at cirtain times, he carries around a large brown back pack that his mother made for him when he was much younger

Weapons: a short bow with 10 arrows and a small sharp dagger for emergancies, he usually relies on magic

other items:a small binding stone to a cirtain spirit, a sack he uses like a sleeping bag, some flint and tinder, a letter he had his parents right that keeps him calm if he ever were to get lost when he was younger

backstory:Zeirat is the youngest, often over shadowed by his older brother, but this did not destroy his friendship with his brother who is almost worshiped, not many people in the village wanted to be friends with an elf like Zeirat, he was trained as a magic weilding elf, but he never really had the gift of using it well. When Zeirat was 17 he ran into a spirit, who just calls himself the spirit, it is a crafty spirit that knows what it wants, and it made an offer to Zeirat, to bind with him, in order to increase his abilities in magic significantly, Zeirat accepted the offer, although occasionally the spirit takes over Zeirat and acts like a split personality of Zeirat, it has effected his life significantly, especially with the extra attention.

Any special abilities:control over the elements and minor levitation abilities

transportation: non, but he is searching. the city may be a good stop.

anything else we might need to know: the binding stone has the ability to remove and rejoin the spirit to his body, in case he didn't need magic for a little while and didn't feel like a split personality disruption.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 am

Name: Asura Korlwin

race: elf

Appearance: standing at about 5'9, weighing around 48 kilos, her figure is one of the considered 'beauties' back in her hometown of GreenFrost, her silver hair reaches down past her arse slightly, her skin tone is fair. Her eyes are of emerald green, and lips of a slight pink shade.

Clothing: light chain mail underneath the clothes that she wears to protect her upper body, she wears a simple black robe on the inside, underneath the black robe she wears a simple soft silk mini skirt, not like anyone's going to be daring enough to peek at her, and a dark blue cape around her body, on both the upper right side robe and the cape, has her family crest embedded on it, a picture of a phoenix made out gold coloured threads, she wears long black leather gloves and long leather boots that creeps up to her thighs.

Weapons: magic infused katana

other items: spell book, and a pouch of healing herbs

backstory: Asura was born of the noble family, as one she had to learn many things as soon as she knows how to walk, run and talk, and unfortunately for her, both of her parents came from noble families as well, her father a swordsman, her mother an elementalist, from young she was forced to learn swordsman ship and controlling or summoning the elements.

At the age of 6 her close combat skill and style edges very close to katana usage, and so her father changed her training method to the katana style. And her element control have just started to strive in a few elements that she can control better than others, fire and ice.

To Asura as a child she had always wanted to be with the other children of her age to play and relax just like them, but that was dashed during her childhood, as her time as just training and learning the way of nobles, and the family's skills of swordplay and element calling.

Asura was finally free from the chains of her family when she has hit the age of 16, the age that all children should learn how to be independent some were sent away, others had to start working and feed themselves, on her birthday her parents gave her a katana, it's blade was in a transparent light blue. Her parents smiled at her as they watch her leave the town gates alone, they only waved and said, "good bye my child, we shall met again in 4 years time... when you are a grown women" Asura was sent away, to have a look at the world. And she was to return in 4 years time, or her parents will track her down.

On the first month after leaving GreenFrost, Asura was lost in the forest surrounding GreenFrost, for about a week she was wondering aimlessly in the forest until one day, it started to rain, Asura quickly found a cave for shelter and stayed there waiting for the rain to subside, while waiting, she fell asleep from fatigue that day.

When Asura woke up the following day, she found herself snuggling up against something or someone... as she felt warmth, softness... and fur... 'fur?' Asura thought to herself, she rubbed her eyes sleepily as she sat up against the creature she was sleeping with, lifting up her head, her eyes widen in shock and surprise, a unicorn, damp and wet, she took out a small piece of cloth as she started to dry the unicorn with it, when she woke it up. it just looked at her for a while before returning to sleep, Asura continued to dry the beautiful beast before her, it was believed that unicorns have already extinct or is near extinction, having to see one and even touch one she felt, honored.

As she was about to leave the cave, the unicorn woke up and started to follow her, after about a few hours of walking in the forest aimlessly out of annoyance and anger, Asura screamed "How do I get out of here?!" the unicorn bent his head down low, and charged at Asura from behind almost instantly picking her up onto his back, he galloped to the edge of the forest and stopped, Asura jumped down happily after clutching onto him for dear life. she smiled at the unicorn and waved goodbye to him as she started to walk towards the closest town, the unicorn followed her, when a voice invaded her mind, "sulfur, is my name"

Any special abilities: elemental control (magic)

Transportation: unicorn
Last edited by sin sin on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

all pictures that i use in my bios DO NOT belong to me

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fictionata on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 am

Name: Norre Eyllisarnith

Race: Halfling (Human/Elf)

Appearence: Skinny and tall, standing at 177.8 cm (5'10). She has long, slivery blonde hair that she keeps in a braid that hangs over her left shoulder. She carries herself with grace, and balance, much like that of a cat. Her skin is fair without any blemishes, save for a long scar on her hidden beneath her hair on the left shoulder.

Clothing: A simple green tunic and black leggings. She wears a black cloak and versatile leather boots. She wears a pair of handmade archery gloves that protect her delicate fingers from wear.

Weapons: A large bow and quiver of arrows which she carries on her back. She also owns a cross bow and bolts, though she does not keep these on her person at all times.

Other items: An opal necklace she received from her mother at a very young age.

Backstory: Born to an elven mother and Human father, she grew up the outcast of her mostly human village. She began to practice her archery as a way to channel her anger at being excluded from things. Her was murdered two years ago, and she is on the search for the murderer.

Any special abilities: Her aim is true and never misses a mark. She has a penchant for felines and attracts them unwillingly.

Transportation: A horse that she calls Baelrah, meaning Guardian Beast. She has had him for as long as she can remember.

Anything else we might need to know: Not much else.
Last edited by fictionata on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

fictionata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:14 pm

ficionata, approved.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:32 pm

sin sin, your approved, but the unicorn should have an explanation in the story.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:36 pm

the unicorn explanation is done, short and... unimaginative haha

may i know how many more people we will need before we can start on this? and who is the other older brother?

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:33 am

We will start soon mabey 2 more people, just us 4 will be good if we cant get any others, the older brother is someone i know, he is posting the sheet very soon.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 am

i got a question, well you see my 'steed' is actually a magical creature, can I use him for like, some kind of combat or his magical abilities when we encounter monsters?

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:20 am

yes that is compleatly fine, and sorry about my friend, he was suppost to have posted by now. i wonder whats taking him.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velocity on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:39 am

OOC: I'm the older brother. And sorry for the late post.

Name: Crisden (Kriz-den) Lethen
race: Elf
Appearence: Crisden is a strong, well musceled elf from years of training and fitness. He is quite large for an elf (giving people the idea that he might be clumsy) but he stills moves with their same grace and elegance. He has well defined cheek and jaw bones and his ears are about the average for males of his race. Crisden has long silky blond hair (parted at his forehead), that ends just below his shoulders which is unfortuantely concealed whenever he wears his helmet.
Armour: Crisden wears a full set of chainmail under a complete set of steel plate armour. It is what one would expect from elven crafters, a slim elegant design that does not particuarly restrict movement while still keeping with the usual amount of protection. Crisden also wears a long blue cape that is trimmed along the bottom with a silver ivy pattern. This he is particuarly proud of, as it represent his rank and position in the knighthood.
Clothing: When not in combat (or not expecting combat), Crisden wears a simple outfit of a pale white gambeson, simple black breeches and a pair of supple leather boots.
Weapons: Crisden carries a long steel sword given to him by his father as a gift for completing his training and his acceptance into the elven knighthood. This usually is hanging by his side in a well oiled sheath, ready at all times for battle. He also carries a round steel buckler for additional protection in a melee which he usually has strapped across his back.
other items: Flint and tinder, small axe for cutting firewood, shortbow and arrows for hunting and a pouch of gold to purchase supllies at a nearby city. He also carries a dagger concealed in his left boot and wears only a shortsword with his clothing.
backstory: From a young age Crisden was singled out from amongst candidates from across the land. He had the obvious bulk required by those joining the knighthood but also had an unexpected flare of agility which made him the perfect warrior. His father watched on eagerly as Crisden progressed in skill and rank until he came to the final test of initiation. Single combat with one of the elven knights. His father gave him a brand new sword for the fight and told him to fight well. Crisden bested his opponent after a long, arduos fight but would not finish his opponent as tradition dictated. He instead helped his worthy opponent recover, and for his noble actions was accepted. This was the beginning of a long, hard career for Crisden... a career that was just beginning.
Any special abilities: Nil
transportation: A majestic white stallion named Frerair, his gift for the completion of the duel.
anything else we might need to know: He is extremely protective of his little brother and therefore will always stick up for him, even when not required or asked for. He used to protect him when they were younger and so he has bonded deeply with his brother.
"Not even the wisest men know the end to all the trails"
- Jack in the Green
"You gave me everything I wanted and they became as nothing"

Velocity
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velocity on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:48 am

To all in this roleplay, the thread is up and running. Post when you are ready.

the-journey-t31807.html

Velocity
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:00 am

Do you mind if I join? This is really interesting and sounds really fun.
ImageImage

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Velocity on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:06 am

Sure, you can join. Just post your character using the character sheet provided and post it here. If it's approved the two brothers are meeting all the players in the market of a local city and so you will join up with them there.

Velocity
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:11 am

well I forgot to put what asura wears underneath so... i gave her a mini blue skirt under that robe of her... i'm thinking that she might be wearing a bit too many layers lol

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 am

Name: Dark Nyghtwish

Race: Ishoanamaku

Appearance: Dark has pitch black hair that goes almost to his shoulders and tends to drape over his deep metallic silver eyes. He is of lean but muscular build and stands six feet tall. He has some scars on his body, the only one usually seen is the one over his left eye, from his temple to his collar bone. He has cat ears and a cat tail.

Clothing: Dark wears a black shirt and black pants with lots of pockets. He sometimes has a dark cloak on and leather vambraces that hide his hidden blades. He finds foot wear uncomfortable, so he bare foot.

Weapons: Dark carries a battle knife, throwing knives, two hidden blades, and a hunting knife.

Other items: A necklace with his tribal symbol on it and two black rings with silver designs on the that are worn on each middle finger.

Backstory:
Ishoanamaku- The Ishoanamaku are a more tribal race that shift their form. Rarely any reach full power and are able to do complex transformations, which would be anything over 16 feet tall, such as dragons or giants. The Ishoanamaku can live too the same age as elves but not many live that long. They are part animal in appearance, having the ears, tail, and/or horns of the animal born after. They worship ancient spirits, their Great Ancestor Spirits. They believe the Great Ancestor Spirits will guide them to the heavens. They live in tree huts deep in the forest. They have hunters extremely adept in stealth and trap making and warriors called blade dancers, who are the fiercest and most skilled swordsmen. They tend to keep to themselves but have open trade routs with other cultures as they have thing each other needs. Trade is most open with the elves. The men and women are equal, unlike in most tribal races. The age for an Ishoanamakian to be considered an adult is sixteen. They must pass a ritual to become a hunter, a blade dancer, or leave the village.

Dark Nyghtwish- Dark was always curious growing up and got into a lot of trouble, sometimes with the elves. He has trained rigorously all his life to prepare to become a blade dancer and leave the village to travel the world. His parents wished he would take the time to relax more, but were none the less proud of his work. Dark also worked hard to train his powers of transformation so one day he could lead his tribe, if he felt the same way after his travels. When he came of age he went through the ritual to become a blade dancer. He was badly injured but passed. At the age of seventeen he went through the ritual to leave the village. He passed that ritual with ease. On the day he left his parents were proud of him and had some gifts to remember them by. His father gave him the weapons he now has. His mother gave him a necklace with the tribal symbol on it and two black rings with silver designs on them.

Any special abilities: Heightened senses, speed, strength, and agility.

transportation: Transforms

Anything else we might need to know: He is very curious and sometimes unpredictable, which leads him into trouble at times.
Last edited by Nyghtfang on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:05 am

Well, its good, but mabey give him a diferent race, he can still have the shapeshifting properties, but limit them so they are not overpowered, you can make your own race, born with shapeshifting properties, but give a bit of history on them, other then that, its all good.

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:43 am

Let me see what I can do... Although I chose shape shifter so I could avoid making my own race. I've been having writers block when it comes things like that. I don't know why.

If I have to rethink his race, exactaly what kind of stuff do I need to tell about it? I ask so I know how much rethinking I'm going to have to do.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby danqaz on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:12 am

just a breif backstory of the race, their beliefs, how they live, anything major about them. about a paragraph long

danqaz
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!