Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Masquerade [Semi-Private RP] (No More Recruiting!)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Masquerade [Semi-Private RP] (No More Recruiting!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:47 pm

It was a long time ago
Vampires, Werewolves and Wraiths
Once ruled this world
Now, due to the rise of humans
The once great immortals are
On the decline

In order to protect themselves
They have created

"The Masquerade"

Will the mortals
Discover it and exploit it
Or will what belongs in the darkness
Stay in the darkness

It is up to YOU
To decide

Clicky for the OOC thread
Last edited by -HikariSama- on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
あなたを心から愛しています... 我全心的愛著你... I love you with all my heart...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Masquerade [Private RP] (Under contruction)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Is this open to anyone? It says it's private, but are you recruiting now?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:22 pm

RULES

You MUST PM the character profiles to me AND Sorrocus fully fleshed out. We will have an OOC thread where you can see everyone's profiles. If you see it up there, that means that you have been accepted. We will wait until after the first week of October, then close off the recruitments because by then it will be really hard for people to jump in (hopefully)
    No God-modding allowed. Unless someone is away and wasn't able to post for over a maximum of 3 days, then we will allow it. But only if its to take them somewhere not too far. You must ask for our permission first.
    No killing other characters. The only times we will allow that is if you are unable to continue using that character or continue role-playing with us. Also, you would be able to get a say in how you want to die. Only then we are allowed to god-mod your ass to hell ^^
    The title for the character profile that you PM me has to be called "The Masquerade". If you don't do that, we will ignore you. So if you PM us your profile, and said that you already have, check - is it titled "The Masquerade"? If it isn't, then it's highly probable that we have unknowingly ignored you. Just send it in again with the proper name, and everything will be alright.
    Do not post until I have said that you are allowed to. If either Sorrocus or I have not posted your profile in the OOC thread, then it probably means one thing - we have not accepted your profile. Please don't take it too badly, it probably means that we don't think that your character is what we're looking for. PM either one of us to make sure that we have got it just in case of the instance explained above. If we replied that you have not been accepted, but you still really want to join that badly, then just revise your profile and try again.
    Sorrocus and I (-HikariSama-) are the GMs for this thread. We may have moderators to help us out, but that's only if we decide that you have earned it. You MUST obey the two of us. If we say that you are not accepted, then please don't tell us to screw off and spam our thread (not that you would, but I've had instances in another forum that I was in).
    PLEASE respect the other players. We really don't want to have to step in and tell you to stop being immature.
    Romance is allowed - just nothing over PG13. We do have to abide by the board rules, after all.
    PLEASE BE LITERATE! Neither of us want to see things like what we call "Noobie-speech". If you want to see an example, the just PM us, and we'll show you. Also, no one-liners. At least one paragraph (this means at least 4 sentences). We understand if it's a writer's block, but even putting up 4-5 sentences can't be that hard. Also, we understand if you can't spell some words. But please be as accurate as possible.
    Please post at least once a week. We do not want you to just send us your character profiles then just run off. It really lets us down, and makes us lose hope in the future generation of RPers. Also, if you are going to be away for a length of time, please tell us via the OOC thread or PM if it's too personal for others to know. We just want to keep tabs on how everyone is. Also, if you are going to be away, tell us if you mind being god-modded so that the story can keep moving. If you don't want to be god-modded, then we'll just leave you alone and update you when you've come back.
    Please keep anything OOC in OOC thread. We don't want too much chatting in the thread. It sometimes stops the story from progressing, so please don't.

I hate to do this to you guys, but you MUST stick to these rules, or else either Sorrocus or I shall tell the others to completely ignore you. Trust me, you don't want that. Sorrocus and I want this to last - not just for a month or so.
Last edited by -HikariSama- on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Yay~ I get to co-host this forum! I'm the guy to go to about character creation questions. Here's the outline:

The profile we'll use is the standard throughout most RP forums on the site...

Name:
Race: (You may be any of the following: Mortal, Mage, Werewolf, Vampire)
Personality:
Background: No one but Hikari and I will see this... I'd like to know how you became what you are. If you're a mortal, then there's nothing to be said. Vampires, when and how were you bitten? Werewolves, when was your first change? Mages, when was your awakening?

Keep in mind that within vampire society, biting children is FORBIDDEN. If you want to play a child vampire, you'd better have a very good reason. Vampires are hurt by sunlight. Any sunlight at all. Moonlight is okay. It's very important to know that the sun will turn vampires to powder. Fire is also very dangerous to vampires (if they get caught on fire). Vampires are immune to pain, but not damage. Because they don't feel pain, bullets don't stop them very well.Their head and heart are the only vital organs to a vampire. Also, remember that even without pain, a body can be damaged beyond use. Vampires heal very quickly, and must feed about twice a week. Any scars/injuries a vampire sustains are removed while he sleeps (during the day usually). Vampires CAN feed on animals, but there is a risk of going into a frenzy... Keep in mind that you don't have to kill a human to feed from them. You don't even need to turn them into a vampire. They don't even have to know you're feeding on them. Just make sure people don't see.

Werewolves are not made... they are born that way. Keep in mind that they don't have their first change before puberty, or after 60. Their first change ONLY is influenced by the moon, and it doesn't have to be a full moon. Werewolves can change at will. Werewolves, like vampires, heal very quickly. Even major injuries take no more than a couple hours (yes, I meant hours... even faster than vampires). However, silver, as you might have guessed, inflicts damage that takes a bit longer to heal. Most werewolves can touch silver without problems, but some are so weak to it that even the touch burns. All werewolves are injured badly by silver weapons.

Mages awaken to their abilities through a dream. It's important to note that you must have two names... Your mortal name, and your mage name. Mages can wield powerful magics (through practice and dedication), but keep in mind that you're still human. Humans die easily. If you're playing a mage, I would encourage you to pick a specific realm of magic. The choices are Life, Death, Mind, Spirit, Time, Space, Fate, Prime, Forces, Matter. I'll go into detail for specific instances. Just PM me for info.

ALL classes, Vampire, Werewolf, or Mage, MUST attempt to maintain the masquerade. This means you are not allowed to let normal mortals learn of your existence. Any carelessness on the part of your character is considered a breach of masquerade, and is met with terrible consequences from all three factions. It is true that some mortals know of them, from close calls or from supernatural senses, but most do not. Therefore, assume that all NPC's are not aware of your existence.

If you're playing a mortal, you may possess the unseen sense ability, allowing you to sense supernatural occurrences nearby, even to the point of pinpointing them. I would urge you to limit this to two senses only (for example, werewolves and vampires, or magic and ghosts).

Also, please include the times you will be able to post...

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Re: The Masquerade [Semi-Private RP] (No More Recruiting!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Jonathan sighed as he cleaned up the shop, waiting for Matt to come back and close up the shop. His eyes constantly strayed to the back door, as if Matt could come in any minute, back from his hunts. He sighed again as he finished his chores and went behind the counter, tapping the counter impatiently.

Anya walked into the weapons shop, and gave a small smile and a nod to the boy behind the counter. He seemed a bit young to be in charge here, but looks are often deceiving. He could be 30 for all she know. She never was a good judge of looks. She continued to look around the place, slightly amazed at the amount of weaponry the place had to offer; mainly guns but there were a couple others too.

Jonny gave a smile back, but suddenly clapped a hand to his neck as his scar throbbed. He yelped, and slumped over the counter, breathing heavily as pain shot through his body.
Last edited by -HikariSama- on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Matthias sighed heavily. His search yielded no results, and the only thing he got for his efforts was out of breath. He let his massive crossbow rest on his shoulder. It was just a couple blocks to the shop now. He looked around carefully to make sure no one was following, then ducked into an alley. He weaved through alleyways, trying to lose anyone who may have been attempting to track him. You can never be too careful when you're a vampire hunter.

He turned on last corner, and slowed to a walk again, approaching the back door of his shop. That is, until, he felt it. He looked around nervously. Had he been followed? If one of them had been tracking him, there would be trouble. It certainly wouldn't bode well for Jonny. He cautiously stepped into the back door, weapon ready. "Jonny? Everything okay?" He came out from the back room and Jonny was leaning over the counter, holding his neck. And no wonder. The abomination stood right there in his shop. His eyes narrowed. Jonny could get hurt if this got rough. He raised his weapon...

...and set it on the counter with a thud as he rested his arm. He didn't take his finger off the trigger. "What can I do for you, miss?" he asked suspiciously. "I wouldn't expect to find a young lady like you in a shop like this." His only chance was that she wound up here by a fluke. If those creatures had learned of who--and where--he was, it was over. He'd end up dead, or worse... one of them.

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Anya started, and spun around to see the owner of the place glaring at her with this HUGE crossbow aimed straight at her. "Nothing. I was just passing by, and I saw the place filled with guns and such. My father used to be a gun junkie, and would always drag me along. I guess it rubbed off on me." She said, quickly making up a lie on the spot.

Jonny grimaced as he fought to bring the pain under control. "Heh. Then are you looking especially for a gun? We also handle swords and such, if you'd care to look around." He said, trying to sound as normal as possible. He didn't want a fight - especially not with all this arsenal at both parties' disposal.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leila Aarons on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Vivian walked down the street she knew so well, looking at the ground for the most part, but she saw the people from the corners of her eyes. Nothing ever seemed to really change much in all these years. She always hid what she was, she had to, in order to uphold The Masquerade. And there was no way she would put the organization in danger.

Putting her hands in her pockets, she continued to walk, pausing when she passed by a shop. She glanced in the window, just a glance, and noticed that there were many weapons. Well, she wasn't in need of any, but she did make a note that the shop was here, just in case they ever needed to know for some reason.

Lauren is amazing

Leila Aarons
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:43 pm

"Hmph." He grimaced. "Well then, feel free to look around. Jonny, why don't you clean things up in the back and head home? It's getting late. I'll close shop tonight. Your mother's probably expecting you soon anyway." He put the crossbow down behind the counter, and busied himself with minor tasks prepping to close shop. He kept a close eye on her. "Since you're just looking, you won't mind if I lock the cases, then?" He didn't wait for an answer. He starting locking up the cases, not because he was worried she'd use one of the guns against him. Just because it had to be done.

His glare focused out the door as another one passed by. She kept on walking, but it made him wonder. Maybe they really were onto him. Maybe they were stalking him now. He hoped not. Then there would be no one to take up the fight... Certainly not Jonny. He went back to locking the cases.

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 am

Jonny made to protest, but bit it back as his scar pulsated again, causing him to grit his teeth so that he won't yelp out in pain again. "Yes, sir." He mumbled as he stumbled towards the back door. As soon as he was out of ear shot, he let out a pent up breath and leaned back against the cool wall, the pain in his neck lessening since he was away from the creature.

Anya looked at the boy as he left the shop through a back door, frowning slightly. "Not at all... say, isn't he a bit young to be working in a weapons shop? Not that it's in my place to say, but I'm just curious." She asked as she looked at one of the guns, glancing constantly at the owner. He seemed to be on edge - for what, she's not quite sure yet. However, he might be the few of those special ones that were born every so often. If so, then she must be very careful around him. She didn't plan on getting hindered today, especially when she finally got a lead on where he is.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:25 pm

Matt looked at her for a moment. Then he turned back to his work. "Old enough to own a gun, old enough for me." He had no interest in striking up a conversation with that thing. He was busy planning his next move. Her presence made him nervous, yes. But perhaps there was a silver lining to this cloud yet. If it really was coincident that she came her, then he was in luck. If not... Then he was screwed either way. Might as well walk into a trap head first than let it sneak up on you from behind.

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:42 pm

Anya looked at him, sensing his uneasiness. "Are you alright?" She asked, cautious. If his who she thinks he is, then there may be a problem escaping this shop uninjured. She continued to walk around, waiting for his answer.

Jonathan sighed, as he tried to clear his mind and deaden the pain enough to get away. He took a step -which wasn't a goad idea as the pain rushed to his head suddenly, causing his to crash into the shelves nearby.

Anya looked towards the back, where the loud crash was heard. "what was that?" she asked, craning her head so she will be able to see.
Last edited by -HikariSama- on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:01 pm

He ignored her question and kept working. He wished she would just leave. The last thing he needed was a scene here. Bad for business, worse for Jonny.

Suddenly he heard a crash from the back. Matt pushed past the girl and rounded the corner. "Jonny!" he hissed. "I thought I told to you go home! What are you doing?" He was a good kid, Matt knew it. But he'd be damned if that boy could stay out of trouble. "Go on! Get out of here!"

He came out from the back, sitting behind the counter. "Just a loose shelf. Don't worry about it." He started scribbling on some spreadsheets.

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Jonny blinked, and nodded as he pushed himself off the shelves and stumbled towards the exit. As soon as he was outside in the cool night air, the scar on his neck stopped pulsating, but it was still sore. Rubbing it through the bandanna, he started for home.

She looked at him funny, but didn't say anything more. However, she has a question that she's now itching to ask. Anya walked up to the counter, and looked through the glass casing casually. "Hm... just wondering. Have you ever heard of the immortal creatures, such as - oh, for example - vampires or werewolves?" she glanced at him, waiting for his reaction.

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Resoan on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 pm

Pulling her cloak more tightly to her body, Xarith continued down the road, the sun almost disappeared beneath the horizon. I think perhaps the old man gave me incorrect directions, Xarith mused to herself, stuffing her hands in her pockets as the wind blew her hair in all directions. She had come to this village to retrieve a magical tome that the old man had assured her would help her on her quest. What was the use in being a mage if you are not able to properly wield the magic?

Starting, Xarith noticed a young man walking in her direction, his hand gingerly caressing his neck. I wonder if he's all right..., Xarith's thoughts trailed off as she continued to study the boy.

Resoan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Jonny walked towards home, and didn't look at where he was going as he bumped into a girl heading in the opposite direction. By the time he noticed, he was already on the ground, dazed with a sore button "Oh no! I'm so sorry! are you alright?" He asked anxiously as he got up, and looked at her.

Now that his properly aware of his surroundings, he saw that the girl in front of him seemed somewhat unusual compared to the rest of the people that he's met in the city. "You're not from around here, are you? Are you lost?"

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

He stopped writing. "Young lady, you'd have to be crazy to believe that garbage. I don't have time to indulge in such childish fantasies. I've much more important things to worry about." He continued to work on the spreadsheet again. Then he looked up at her, his eyes like stone. "Besides, nothing is immortal. Some things are just harder to kill. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do." He looked back down at his work.

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Resoan on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Mouth agape for a few minutes, Xarith regained her composure, looking down at the boy she had run into. "I'm fine," she murmured, holding out a hand to the boy. "Are you certain you're all right? You took a nasty spill," Xarith continued, mentally rolling her eyes. Nasty spill? Perhaps that was overmuch...

"Ah, you're right. I am not from around here," Xarith answered, biting the inside of her lip before reaching into her picket. "I'm trying to find this address. Could you point me in the right direction?" Xarith asked, smiling gently.

Resoan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -HikariSama- on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:04 pm

She narrowed her eyes slightly, but said nothing more as she leaned back and nodded. "Of course. It's just that, I don't know. Things just seem so... odd lately. You tell your assistant to be careful, okay? I hear that there had been series of unusual deaths lately." With that said, her question unanswered still, she started to walk towards the door.

Upon reaching the door, she looked back at him and smiled softly as she opened the door. "Well, it was nice knowing you, sir."

Jonathan nodded, and took a look at the address. 7th Street... 16925... "Hmm... well, I have a bit of time left before I'm needed at home. And it's not much farther. Come on, I'll take you there." He said as he gave back the slip of paper.

"So... where are you from? oh, my name's Jonathan, but you can call me Jonny if you want."

-HikariSama-
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorrocus on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:31 pm

"Hmph." Matthias grunted as she stepped out the door. The bell jingled as the door shut. Guess I'm hunting tonight. He stood up and walked over to the door, locking it for the night. Then he slipped into the back, where he kept his personal arms. He grabbed a standard double-barrel shotgun and shouldered it. He also slipped on a bandolier and shoved a few shells into it. He took a Desert Eagle from the shelf, loaded with seven .50 caliber rounds, and fastened it to his thigh holster. He slipped another clip into his bandolier, and pocketed some more rounds in his left side pocket.

"Jonny, you'd better be out of harm's way." He slipped a dark jacket on over everything and grabbed his crossbow. "Tonight could get rough..." He stepped out the back door and locked it. Then he headed in the direction he thought he saw her go, sticking to alleys as much as possible, staying in the shadows.

Sorrocus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!