Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Sight: The Gathering

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: The Sight: The Gathering

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheZeroKingB2kj on Sat May 23, 2009 12:07 am

Bane replyed to the she-wolf "my name you ask, it is Bane. Strangely the she-wolf seemed to have somewhat of a small smile on her face then it slowly faded. Bane then asked the she-wolf her name and she replyed with a light "Ruby is my name". The two wolves sniffed the air as if they had smelled something threatening. Fellow wolves, Ruby answered. Bane wasn't to happy about adopting company as for he seemed to be angered by the fact of such unfamiliar things.

Ruby had a hard time convincing Bane that maybe meeting these wolves & joining a pack wouldn't hurt and that hunting and food would be a lot easier to maintain. The sound of simply this was enough to convince Bane into not turning his back and thus walked off to find the allie wolves.
The King rules over with an iron fist. So don't push me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheZeroKingB2kj
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 am

Atrey held back a snarl as his instincts to attack rose in his mind. Rayn just stood, looking at the new wolf, with her soft white fur. She looked no much older than them but again, she could be wrong. She had never met another wolf other than her family.
"I'm Rayn, my brother is Atrey." They dipped their heads in turn, looking at the approached as if she were a new breed or had the disease.
"What business do you have around here?" Atrey hid a growl, narrowing his eyes in case she tried anything tricky. The stranger's purple eyes caught him off guard. He had never seen anything like them.
"Never mind the question. It isn't of our matters." He didn't want to leave yet but didn't want to seem desperate for socialization. It was important for their healthy and this was an area they weren't really suited for at the moment.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyim
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Sat May 23, 2009 2:42 am

Had this been a few moon cycles earlier, Raven may have taken such an opportunity for a meal, but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to attack. "Over the mountains, travel for a few moon cycles and you are met by lush forests and damp marshlands. That was what I called home." Her words unearthed long-forgotten memories of when he was born. Though the picture faint, he could still smell the aromas of countless flowers, foreign to the usual ferns of the tundra. A place much warmer, less harsh than where he had chose to live out his life.

Raven's gaze had become more of a glare as the female wolf rose just as he. Unsure as to what she was implying by the action, his body tensed up as if preparing to brace a lunge. It was then that an unfamiliar emotion ran through his body. Years in the tundra had created a shell of feral instinct, depriving Raven a chance to join a pack, and often causing him to resort to killing off fellow wolves. But for this wolf to even assume that he contained a slither of friendliness, forced Raven back into a humble state. The former blood-lust that fueled his drive was now subtle.

The emotion Raven now felt, reminded him of his father. A wolf of great size and power, very capable of providing for only himself, and yet he chose to lead a pack to the grave. "It may not be safe, but nothing good ever comes to the overly cautious."

Raven looked down momentarily at her, almost annoyed at her sense of security in his presence. Unfortunate to his ego, he lowered his body down to the ground, placing his head over her back. "Do you trust me enough to confide your safety in me?" he asked, eyes still focused and ears still alert. "Or do I appear harmless?"

Traziel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sat May 23, 2009 5:17 am

Koori waited patiently for some kind of response. It was almost painful laying there. Her stomach was stinging from the cold, she was shivering more violently than before, and now she was being buffeted by the snowfall that had once again returned. For a moment there she thought he'd left her altogether. As ridiculous as it sounded, to her that would be the worst case scenario.

It was then that her eyes flew open. His paws rested in front of her own, which had to mean that he was joining her pm the ground. She was just about to chance a peek at his current expression, but as soon as she felt the warmth from his body she immediately relaxed. Even a gesture as small as this made a world of difference to her. She no longer felt vulnerable, or alone. It felt... right. Being with another wolf was right.

As soon as the words had left his mouth she began to shake softly. It wasn't from the cold though. She was laughing. Her entire coat was quivering because of it, reflecting the light from the sun in all different directions. The sound ceased just seconds after it had begun, but Koori was still amused. "Harmless?" She mused, "Not at all. You can believe me when I say that you - in no way - appear to be harmless." It was what she assumed he would want to hear.

Taking some time to think further on his first question, Koori heard a distant howl. It wasn't as harsh as the black wolf's had been, but she felt no urge to explore it any further. A part of her was frightened that if she did, he would vanish before she returned. That was not going to happen.

"Yes, although my safety is just as much my responsibility as it would be yours." Koori responded thoughtfully. Though life with her pack had been much more secure than this, even then she'd known that to rely solely on others for protection was foolish. They were a pack, and because of that they all carried an equal amount of the burden that was safety. But look how far that had led them...

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Sat May 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Anae watched the two carefully and her assumptions on their names was correct. The male was Atrey while the female was Rayn. Anae smiled but she could feel the suspiscion in the male. He was holding back what seemed to her like hostility. Perhaps he was just protecting this other female. Maybe she was a mate, or a sister? She did not know. They looked around her age so she wondered if perhaps they were brother and sister and if they were alone.

Atrey seemed to contradict himself. First he asked why she was here and then said it was not their business. She did not mind telling them why she was here, as long as she avoided anything that involved the mention of her father. "I don't mind you knowing. I came from the top of the mountains. I suppose you could say I'm running from my past."

Anae watched them, curious as to how they reacted. She hadn't met that many wolves on her voyage so these were the few. "You look at me like there is something wrong with my being here. Let me ask, if I am not intruding on your business, how old are you two?" She wanted to know. Perhaps they could stick together. The snow had begun once again and she shivered from the wet snowflakes that landed on her. It was almost like she disappeared except her purple eyes gave away her position.
Image Image Image Image<---poke them pwease! especially the black and blue ones.

Why do people kill people for killing others to show people that killing is wrong?

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sat May 23, 2009 12:28 pm

"We are around...a year and seven months," Rayn closed her eyes in thought as she counted how many times that moons have gone full. "Yes, around that time period." They female cocked a furry eyebrow, "Running from the past? I won't ask on that." She looked away, into the distant mountains. She loved the soaring peaks but had no desire to travel there, she heard it was as cold as the tundra itself. Here in the foothills it was rather mild with a few days where the sun would peek out of the blanket of clouds.
"We need to get moving. We are to go hunting. I caught an elk but I fear that won't be enough, especially if you are traveling with us." Atrey looked at Anae questioningly. He knew it was most likely her intention or else she wouldn't be here still.
He started to trot away into the flurry with Rayn beckoning towards the purple eyed wolf. "Come on. It isn't wise to travel in such large groups with little prey but since we are young, it would mean more time for out lives. Besides, its spring. There will be many easy targets as far as calf and birdlings." With that Rayn turned the way her brother had gone, his dark fur standing out among the white.

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Sat May 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Anae watched them with a smile on her face now. "I'm around the same age." she said now happy to be with others that she could possibly relate to. She felt however, that the male didn't like her and it took her by surprise. She didn't know what it was like to not be liked by another seeing as the two people she knew had loved her.

When he mentioned of hunting and the word "we" she smiled but it soon disappeared. Did he not want her travelling with them? Perhaps she could warm up to him. She was pretty good at being a friend. That was what she was to the lone kerl that raised her. Rayn seemed really nice and Anae trotted over to the two and stood at her side. She would occasionally peep over the female to look at the male with interest.

"So, are you two lone kerls? Do you have a pack? Are you two brother and sister or mates?" she shut her trap knowing that it was too many questions at once. Taking a deep breath she slowly asked one question at a time. "Are you two brother and sister?" she decided to forget about the first question she had asked. If they were kerls than she didn't want to bring up any past ghosts.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sat May 23, 2009 6:45 pm

"We are not mates and we are a pack," Atrye whirled around and snarled as he mentioned being a part of a pack. He understood Anae's curiosity but she would have to hold her tongue a bit longer. They were strangers and yet he let her travel with them, he lowered his ears to his head before swirling back around. His head became lower to the ground as his shoulders hunched up as he walked. The wind around him blew his fur around in a rage, his claws digging into the rought stone below.
Raising her head high to the sky she scented the air for any prey or enemies but found none.
"Don't mind him, he just isn't use to traveling with others." She whispered to the purple eyed wolf as she traveled next to her. "We are a pack, mostly...we just aren't formated right." She sighed.

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Sun May 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Anae's reaction brought all her training back. Her tail rose to new heights and her fur bristled making herself twice the size she was. She raised her lips revealing the daggers she had been hiding. Her purple eyes were full of the sudden pain she had to go through to get to this position. She suddenly relaxed when she knew he wasn't going to attack. She looked away from them, almost embarrassed that she had reacted in such a manner. "Males... They're all the same..." she muttered under her breath. At least, she thought this as her mind traveled back up the mountain.

She returned only when Rayn talked to her. She was friendly and Anae enjoyed the females company. "I see he isn't... I guess I'm not used to being around other wolves also. I should know not to talk so much. I've only been with my father." A shudder ran down her spine and not from the cold as she thought of how much he had wanted her. She suddenly scented the air. "Smell that? Somethings nearby. What's the strategy?" she asked. She was used to hunting alone.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Sun May 24, 2009 3:42 pm

"Strategy?" Rayn cocked her head to one side. "We don't know what it is yet...." Her voice trailed off as she realized they were wolves. They had to have plans to survive.
"We'll circle around in different position, then we'll move closer. "Atrey said this with ease as if he already planned this and practised it more than a dozen times. He was the dragga and this came by instinct. "Let's move."
He tore himself from the other as did Rayn from Anae. She hoped she would take up position with ease.

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 pm

(Is this after Larka? Probably a stupid question)

Anae nodded her head as Atrey broke off as did Rayn. They went in opposite directions. Anae went up the opposite side of Atrey so that he would take up the middle. He was male of course and he would most likely be the one to jump at the prey first. Anae rounded in a circle making sure she was hidden. Her body was crouched low as she moved.

I wonder where this prey is. she thought. She could already tell what kind of prey it was by smelling it and she could tell that it was a small herd of caribou. She had seen so many apbout. Why were they everywhere? Then again she didn't know anything about the lera except that she was putnar and was higher on the food chain.

Suddenly, she spotted them. She could see that they were in a small clearing, poking their noses through the snow to try and clear enough away so that they could nibble on the grass underneath. Anae grinned, her body now aching for the hunt. She stayed in the brush, her body hidden, her purple eyes watching, waiting. She was waiting for Atrey to run out and start the hunt. When he gives the signal, Anae knew she would shoot out like a bullet and try to separate one from the group.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm

Raven assumed this to be conversation. Though something he was vaguely familiar with, it actually felt relaxing to divert his attention away from the hardships of the tundra. He shifted his gaze downward to see what was causing the minor shake, but was assured she was fine from the comment he was given. A smirk of sorts sketched itself upon his muzzle as his ego was lifted slightly.

The distant echo of another wolf's howl had the unfortunate effect of urging Raven to hunt. He didn't claim the territory as his own, but he often attacked other wolves as they posed competition for food. Raven shot a glare through the snow and into the distance, now focused on why there were so many wolves in the area. If anything it was a blessing. More options to choose from when hunting was never a bad thing.

Raven's train of thought was interrupted by the words of the she-wolf underneath him.
"Yes, although my safety is just as much my responsibility as it would be yours."
Raven agreed entirely, despite not having anyone watch over him since he was a pup. Apparently his choice to not attack was beneficial in a sense. Years alone can make even Raven a bit cynical. " Had you not been so relaxed at my presence I would have assumed you had thrown safety to the side." He wanted to bite her right then, but resisted. "You have my companionship under a single circumstance."

Traziel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheZeroKingB2kj on Thu May 28, 2009 7:26 am

Bane sat silently as he heard converse between a group of wolves & seemed to be angered by such a thing he took a somewhat attack position. Ruby Caalmed him down and quietly they listened to the wolves and heard a few interesting things. He listening very carefully heard the names Atrey, Rayn, & Anae.

Ruby seemed to light up with excitement when she heard the names of these wolves for they did not seem harmful & felt as if she was meeting brand new friends but bane still had that unesased feel.

TheZeroKingB2kj
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Thu May 28, 2009 11:48 am

Raiyn skidded to a halt as she made her way to her position in the hunt. She sensed another wolf around here. With her hackles raised she called into the brush, "Who goes there?" Her eyes narrowed to slits as she peered through the snow, it was another young wolf.
"If you want to be of any use then get up! We're hunting now, come with me. We will drive the caribou to Anae.
With that she turned back the way she was going, stopping when she sniffed the air, finding the right place.
A howl sounded across the forest as did several cries from the prey as they started herding over towards her.
As if shot out of the heavens she ran, chasing a mother and her fawn towards where Anae should be.

Nyim
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Sat May 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Anae could smell the two wolves that had just arrived. This bothered her and sent chills to run down her spine. She didn't like meeting new wolves when in the middle of a hunt. They usually screwed things up for her. Body low she heard the howl and watched as the caribou scattered. Rayn burst from the trees and running a female and her baby towards her.

Anae grinned as saliva dripped from her fangs, her eyes widening with the bloodlust creeping on her. She burst forth towards the two snapping and sending out vicious calls. The mother skidded and the baby followed. The mother turned to see Rayn coming up and Anae could see the deer in the headlights look on her face. Anae snapped viciously, circling almost. She watched one side while she hoped Rayn would be watching the other so that the two couldn't escape. Who was delivering the final blow? Rayn or Atrey? And where was Atrey? Her mind was fully focused on the deer as she lunged in and snapped at the legs that came crashing down on where her head used to be.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!