Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Ward

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Ward

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sat May 31, 2008 10:54 pm

Note: The statistics below are not actual, they are only used for storyline purposes. I am sorry if they offend anyone who was in a Psych Ward or knows someone who was.

Everyone knows that about 90% of people at Psychiatric Wards have easily solvable problems. Maybe they don't even need to be there...however this story is about that 10% of people who really need it, badly. Many of those kids are found here at "Northlands Correctional Facility for Young Adults". The people here prefer to call it NCFYA.

Terel walked into the hallway, hair covering his eyes. The officer held Terel's hands, making sure he didn't try anything tricky before he got to his room. After all, a convicted murderer was a hard target to watch.

Yeah, I'm crazy. But, it was so good tearing open her neck with my knife, my mom deserved it.

Terel was tossed into his cell like a toy. The thick white padding kept him from suicide, the darkness of the room kept his thoughts inside his head, and the nothingness of the room kept him crazy. No one cared about him, not after the acts he had commited. The only time he was even aloud to see other people was at lunch, some of them were just as crazy as he was.

No one here understands. She abused me beyond belief. The emmotional scars dig so deep within me, I doubt I will ever trust again.

Sitting is his cell, lonely. Terel tossed and turned on the ground. His hands were still bound behind his back, so he couldn't strangle himself. He couldn't believe the precautions they go through to keep sure he was living.

Why would they keep me alive? I killed another, my life should be forfeit. I won't do it myself anyhow, but this place makes me want to...especially since none of the others here like me.

So, you know my character. He is plagued with the death of his mother, emotional scars she left him long ago, and his random black outs. No one is his friend, no one understands him, and no one wants to.

What are your characters like? How do they fit in in "The Ward"? If anything, this story is based off of friendship and character development...sure there will be the occasional fight, but for the most part keep it clean guys.

Name:
Sexuality: (Gay, Straight, Bi)
Why they are here:
Physical Scars:
Emotional Scars:
Appearance:
Biography: (optional, we should get a good idea from the scars section)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Terel
Sexuality: Straight
Why they are here: Murder of his mother. Deemed emotionally unstable at the time and tried as a minor, sent here until they see improvement in his state. If none is seen, they will execute him on his 18th birthday.
Physical Scars: One long scar across his chest, from his own knife.
Emotional Scars: Deep scars from his mother, she never loved him and hated his existence. The scars have lead him never to trust, never to love, and never to like most of the time.
Appearance: Long black hair that covers his bright blue eyes. The hair streaked with silver, but has faded since his incarceration. His face is very handsome, with the standard dabble of freckles here and there.

He is built athletically. Slender, but muscular. Almost emo-like, but muscular enough to stay outside of that catagory.

Of course, he wears the standard white T-shirt and black gym shorts. The only clothes the people here let the kids wear.
- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/under-the-white-sheet-ooc-sign-t26650.html -
Under The White Sheet - Vampire RP - We need serious, long posting, RPers! Join now!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Ward

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chloe.corrupt on Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 pm

Name: Chloe
Sexuality: Bisexual
Why they are here: After months of bipolar driving Chloe crazy she took a razor and cut across her face, leaving large gashes, she then took a bottle of sleeping pills. After waking up in the hospital with her stomach pumped she stopped talking.
Physical Scars: Large scars across her face, many across her legs and arms.
Emotional Scars:She was molested as a child, and never forgot. She believed it was her fault, and she got very depressed over it.
Appearance:Black hair, brown eyes, skinny. Her face is scarred horribly, and so is the rest of her body.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chloe.corrupt
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:11 am

((I've been looking for a good ward rp, but I probably should be sleeping now...))

Name: Tiffany
Sexuality: Bi ((if I can't experiment here, then where?))
Why she is here: Tiffany has been diagnosed with with a violent paranoid schizophrenia. She has assaulted physically and verbally several people including classmates, teachers, and neighbors. Her violence peaked when she bashed a teacher with her laptop several times. At least that's what the authorities noticed.
Physical scars: She has many many small cuts on the under-side of both of her arms.
Emotional scars: Tiffany is generally over-protective of her family. She lives with her mother and brother and sister and goes at other people like a savage dog. She doesn't often use weapons but her family has been good to her and tries to keep her safe from pointy objects. Psychiatrists think something happened to her in day-care but she's too far gone for them to get it out of her.

Overall she has a lot of trouble keeping out really disturbing images that become disturbingly real.

Tiffany has brown hair and blue eyes and is built slenderly with relatively strong leg muscles. She ran in high school to get her mind off of things. It didn't really work.

Tiffany keeps ripping the t-shirts and her sheets and wrapping them around herself as if they were pieces of cotton-armor.

((I think I'll keep what she's paranoid about a secret ^_^))

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombified Outlaw on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:28 am

Name: Micheal aka Saawirya
Sexuality: Gay and Straight

Why they are here: He was caught kidnapping younger children. He claimed he was recruiting them to be apart of his personal army and they needed to be young to begin their training. He was disagnosed with split personality disorder and dillusions of grandeur.

Physical Scars: There are two swirly shaped scars on each of his shoulder blades.

Emotional Scars: His mother and father were both addicted to heroine. One day they would treat him like a golden prince, then the next like a filthy dog. His mind was unable to handle such drastic changes and split into two personalities. One is his normal self (Micheal), a straight and quiet young man. The other is the developed personality (Saawirya), a flamboyant man that believes he is a walking god.

Appearance: He has short, blonde hair and a muscular build. His bright green eyes stand out from his structured and tanned face. He stands a reasonable 6'4".

Zombified Outlaw
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:44 am

Thanks for joining up guys, when we get 5 members besides myself this will start.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Why So Serious? on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:47 am

(OOC: lol you're on all the good rp zombified.outlaw, nice lol)

Name: Anastasia
Sexuality: straight

Why they are here: Anastasia is a complicated case. She doesn't talk to the dotors enough to give them any insight. But they think they have levelled her diagnosis down to either Bi Polar, Deppresion, Paranoia or Mulit-personalitied. One of the docotrs that she actually spoke to said that maybe each of her personalities have their own diagnosis, making her more complicaed than they thought. She was pushed over the edge after a constant likfe of unstability and tried to strangle a girl at school becuase she said, 'You have no real problems, you just complain about nothing.

Physical Scars: an almost invisible slash under her right eye from former self-harm when she was around nine or ten, numerous on her legs and arms, nail scratches on ehr arm from where she clawed away at her flesh.

Emotional Scars: Anastasia's life has been hectic and confusing and she was constantl feeling like a diffrent person, until she became more than one person on the inside. She has numerous personalities, few of which can trust. She is forever plaqued by the feeling of being 'The Unwanted Child' since her father had suggested abbortion and she had overheard her mother saying that to a group of teen girls she was lecturing and telling them that getting pregnant early or when your on your own with little support was one of the hardest things to survive through and she lived with the mistakes of her past everyday. Although her father loved her to bits she kept remembering and it drove her crazy with feelings of unwant.

Appearance: cocoa skin, clear gray eyes, long red and black hair that's begining to turn just black again, reaches middle of her back

Biography: she moved constantly and had so many lives she had to make more of herself to handle it. There is a lot to it and not even she kows exactly what built up to her insanity.
Image Image Image

Why So Serious?
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 am

Comon guys...just one more person before my minimum is reached...

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asurai on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:37 am

Name: Asurai
Sexuality: Straight
Why they are here: For expressing his desire to kill, his parents weren't gonna take any chances and made sure he got placed into the Ward.
Physical Scars: He has a plethora of scars all over his body. As well as burn marks and some puncture wounds from knives and such.
Emotional Scars: He was never wanted in the first place but either of his parents, he has very bad eye sight, and as a result, he was picked on by everyone. He also everyday must go on with the thought that his existence is meaningless, for his parents only allowed him to be born that way they could get the money from the checks he was given from organizations such as Social Security due to his eye sight. No one understands him, and no one even bothers to give him a chance.
Appearance: Asurai has very long and wild black hair. He is extremely thin, almost dangerously thin, and deathly pale. His eyes are constantly bloodshot due to being around light. So he rather likes being in his dark room. He isn't particularly tall, though he isn't short either. Standing at around 5 foot 9 inches.
Biography: Born for the sole purpose of having his checks from Social Security being used to pay for his parents liquors and drugs. He was born into a very abuse home. He was mercilessly beaten everyday, for what seemed like no good reason, or that way Asurai saw it, for existing period. He never had any friends, he never truly had anything. Always surviving off of left overs from his parents meals. Due to his lack of food, he was also never very strong. And due to many hits in the head, he was never the most best in school due to missing many days because of injury. Though, early on in his life, he was very naive, and curious. He was always searching for ways to learn how to get people to like him, so he changed many times. After realizing no matter what he did nothing changed though, he eventually decided to be quiet. Thinking, if no one wishes to talk to him, he won't talk to others either. It was also later on, that he would overhear his parents talking about him, and hearing about his checks. Never having once realized that he had been getting them, he put the pieces together. After so much physical and mental blows, he eventually snapped a bit. Wishing nothing more then to kill people, claiming that people are evil, and need to die.

Asurai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Why So Serious? on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:44 am

yay! lets start!!!!!

Why So Serious?
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:15 am

The roleplay is up in the realistic section, others feel free to join until about the 5th page...so yeah, hit it guys!

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:10 pm

lol omg...I've never been in a short post rp...I have a lot to read lol.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenLLH on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:29 am

Name: Renoko Mai Helena.
Sexuality: Straight.
Why they are here: She almost killed her parents and she DID kill her younger brother.
Physical Scars: A scar across her back from being cut by her brother a year before her admission; this fact led to his murder.
Emotional Scars: Being outcasted and considered mentally deranged simply for being seen boiling her brother's organs on the stove. His corpse was disgusting and hacked at heavily, blood covering the floors.
Appearance: Pale skin, long black hair with bangs covering her gray eyes. She wears the casual patient attire, which she hates and rips at constantly.

Biography: She hates the light and she hates the foolish people who think she belongs her. When her parents saw what she was doing, she pulled out a knife and tried to stab them in the heart. Being constantly tortured by her brother of two years younger than her, she finally snapped. Cackling at nearly everything, especially when people say they want to 'help' her, and making graphic threats, not many people can stand to be around her. She wants to be alone, alone, and she wants to talk to herself. She wants to think of her revenge and she wants to pretend to be normal just to get out, just to get everyone to realize how foolish their attempts at getting her to be normal were.

She hates being normal, and she hates being compared to others who they claim were helped by the hospitality of these "blood-sucking leeches" as she calls them. She's insane and she wants to kill everyone; she wants everyone to bow down to her and to see that her philosophy wins over others'. She wants everyone to build statues to demonstrate how godly she is, but her egoistical personality doesn't satisfy her. Her thoughts of escape is never enough; she wants to gain followers, people who she can trust, but no one here is worthy of it. No one here understands her, no one here wants the likes of her around.

Even without her brother, she was abandoned. People ditched her, teased her, and they wanted her dead. She was educated in the ways of Christianity, but why should she wait for God to return when so much torture has been surrounding her? Why would there be a God anyway? Her brother tried to burn a tattoo onto her back to demonstrate how much stronger he was than her, but then Renoko started breaking out in loud cackles. She grabbed a crowbar and smashed her brother's head in. People ditched her more than, spreading rumors, lies, and everyone claimed she was the reincarnation of Satan.

She decided that by entering this Ward, she was where she belonged: Hell. She wanted to escape her destiny, her fate, and she hated those words. If she could escape where Hell was, she could escape the path laid out before her and become the ruler of all.
I don't want a signature. Come back later and I might've changed my mind :D

QueenLLH
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chloe.corrupt on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Sorry guys, but I cant keep up with you. I can't be on all the time, so I had to quit the rp.

chloe.corrupt
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:39 pm

you could just randomly jump in though. I don't think it matters if you're keeping track too much. All our brains are scrambled. :P

Yay Queen, you made another really really messed up character!

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenLLH on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 pm

@BlazingBunny: Yes, well, messed up and psychotic is my specialty.

QueenLLH
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 pm

How do you have 9 posts and that many characters lol?

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenLLH on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 am

I think everyone has a right to know which characters I've played in the past. I had to put the main candidates for characters. I only have Seth and Renoko as characters on this particular website, though.

QueenLLH
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Everyone above is accepted. If you haven't posted yet and figured that out...have fun guys.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!