Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Eternally Shattered Soul

a part of “The Eternally Shattered Soul”, a fictional universe by Nero D Lucifer.

Join an adventure to help put the realm back together, or push complete destruction upon it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Eternally Shattered Soul”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:01 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Eternal Shattered Soul"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Last edited by Nero D Lucifer on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Shatter the bonds the keep you from truly achieving greatness and grow to become the person you dreamed you'd be."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Eternal Shattered Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Greetings traveler!

Just kidding! I’ve just returned from a hiatus from the site, and your adventure caught my eye and I’d love to be a part of it. I’m fond of drawing my own OCs for these adventures, so for the time being I’ll be using a placeholder face claim that will closely resemble the vision I have for the character. Disclaimer though is that I may sometimes never finish the artwork if it doesn’t fit the vision I have. So either way, the placeholder will be part of the CS until I finish the artwork.

The placeholder face claim that I’ll be using is Android 2B from Nier Automata. My character will be sporting a blindfold and short hair, so this is the closest resemblance I can find.

Before I write a character synopsis, could you provide me with the descriptions for the three races? Things like what they look like, what do they do, what their relationship with the other races are, how they treat the world around them, what are their defining traits, etc?

Are elves closely attuned to nature like in Tolkien’s, or Paolini’s, or like D&D, or are they completely different? Do the Beastkin display animalistic appearances like a werewolf does, or do they more closely resemble the Viera from FFXIV (Think Fran), or do they possess the ability to morph into a creature, like the Taguel race in Fire Emblem Awakening?

What sort of technology is available at this age? Are there guns? Or is it considered medieval?

You know, questions like those.

My three songs are:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:58 pm

AeJylhis wrote:Before I write a character synopsis, could you provide me with the descriptions for the three races? Things like what they look like, what do they do, what their relationship with the other races are, how they treat the world around them, what are their defining traits, etc?

Are elves closely attuned to nature like in Tolkien’s, or Paolini’s, or like D&D, or are they completely different? Do the Beastkin display animalistic appearances like a werewolf does, or do they more closely resemble the Viera from FFXIV (Think Fran), or do they possess the ability to morph into a creature, like the Taguel race in Fire Emblem Awakening?

For a quick run down yes the Elves are closer to the Dragon Age Elves (Minus the lack of immortality/inhuman life span) with a mix of Tolkien, but their attachment to nature will vary from elf to elf. Really it all depends on the elf and where they're raised for example Elves raise outside forested areas won't have as strong an attachment to nature as say the elves who were born inside woodlands or thick forests. Basically it's all in where the Elf is raised.

As for the Beastkin, again this depends on where their born, and how much of their primal instinct their willing to unleash. Beastkin born in cities or other highly populated locations will resemble more the Miqo'te, and Viera. While those who born in the wilder areas take on a more animal appearance like a Werewolf. But sadly no the Beastkin aren't like the Taguel and are unable to morph.

Finally Humans... Their just humans nothing special about them lol.

That wasn't exactly a quick run down more the a simple summary of what the Elves and Beastkin are. I would probably be sitting here for a good twenty four hours writing the full details of each race and their pros and cons.

Also this is going to be more medieval then science-fantasy, I do intend to incorporate fire arms like guns some time later in but that's only if the RP get's that far (People seem to lose interest if things drag on)

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Oh cool! Also, has there been any instances of half/mix-raced offspring between any of the 3 races, and is it even possible to interbreed?

Also, magic is a thing, yes?

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Half/mixed-races aren't very common especially half-elves. But it's not an impossibility, and you might be able to find mixed-race offspring on the road or in other locations of the world with their own societies and towns.

And of course there's magic. Because Aether is the Life blood Aethareil mages are as commons as say a soldier or farmer.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:14 pm

I see, alright cool. That's probably enough information for me to get a synopsis ready. So only mages have magic? Or do the regular joes/jills have them too, albeit in smaller amounts.

Edit: I forgot to mention I was interested in the Ranger role

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 pm

It's all dependent of the amount of Aether an individual has in their body. But no not every one will have magic like the mages, or clerics/priest.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Re: The Eternally Shattered Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Hello~ I've officially made my entrance. :3

Let's see here... Songs that represent me and or favorites...

Miami Horror ft. Kimbra- I look to You
Persona 5- Whims of Fate
GLADES- Falling Away

I know I told you Magician, but I changed it to the priestess because one, I haven't played a priestess before. The second being I couldn't find a face claim for the magician that I was happy with. ^^" Hope that's alright.

Character Synopsis: A young priestess devoted to the faith of the three Divines, she has lived and trained in temples her entire life. Although she enthusiastically holds up everything the holy Divines represent and vigorously upholds her temple duties in healing wayward villagers and travelers, as well as eradicating evil whenever it shows itself, she can't help but feel she was meant for something more.

Name: Celica Hallowtide

Race: Human

Personality Traits: Devout, Just, Brave

FC: Scheherazade (Magi)

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:14 pm

And I got you down Solana You may go on ahead and create your character.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:59 am

I am finally done with my week and can work this synopsis.

Name: Lyern Teys'lithar

Race: Half-Elf, Half-Beastkin

Personality Traits: Intense, Intuitive, Forthright

FC: Android 2B

Character Synopsis:
"A seasoned ranger of the wildlands, Lyern Teys'lithar was once proclaimed the prophesied Savior by her people, the Azathas family of elves and Tazarris beastkin clan. A being devoid of human blood, she exhibits a unique sense of sight, one which has granted her unnerving precision, but invited an evil darkness within her. Fearing it, she blindfolded herself and now has a singular life mission: hunt down every beast tainted by what her people call 'The Darkness'.

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:03 am

And I got you signed up you may start creating your character now.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Okay, so I have questions regarding general magic/Aether mechanics. So you mentioned that not everyone possesses the capacity to use magic, and a person's magical ability is dependent upon the person. So, I am assuming those who possess enough Aether to use magic have to be trained in order to use it right? I guess my main question revolves around how it works. Since, it's dependent upon Aether, I am assuming that everyone has a "mana pool" in their bodies, and once it's depleted you have to recharge to use it again right?

Also, could you give a scope on the types of magic that exist? I hope that's not too broad a question. Is it more an elemental based system or is it more like Skyrim in the sense that it's divided by utility?

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Yep those with enough Aether are given a choice about if they want to train in order to use magic or not. As for the mana pool once a person depletes their Aether they do in fact have to recharge. With only one exception (but we'll get into that when we reach that point)

Also the typing for magic is elemental based. Also if one is particularly gifted with manipulating Aether it's possible to mix elements to create new spell however that's a dangerous task and should be approached with care.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Okay, elemental based. What are the elements then and what falls under what category? For example, naturally as a cleric, I would think she could use healing magic, but if it's elemental based what would that fall under?

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Healing, and Revivification magic would fall under the light elemental type, at the death and reanimation would be under the shadow elemental type. Other then those additional elements and the mixing of elements for new spells all the other element types should be similar to Echoes of the Past.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Any knowledge on what category for an ability that would fall under a 'Hunter's Mark' type mechanic (from DnD)? Or would it just be some sort of innate thing for the character?

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Trying to put 'Hunter's Mark' under a category is a tough one. Because I don't see it as a spell which in itself makes it hard to try and put it under the elemental classifications rather it seems more like a skill Rangers would learn at some point. Again trying to put 'Hunter's Mark' like abilities is tough.

Until I can find or come up with a category that a 'Hunter's Mark' mechanic can make sense in (feel free to make suggestions) I'll to say that's one of the things I haven't really thought about while creating this RP.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Perhaps you could just classify it as a sort of "other" category or a non-magical category. Which can just be a catch all for innate skills and abilities unique to certain classes such as Rangers. I also say that because I personally don't view those type of abilities as magic.

ALSO I am almost done. ^^ Just got a put a history together.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:49 pm

I'm done~ Ready to roll.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AeJylhis on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Sorry for taking so long, Lyern is completed. I can't wait for start! :D

AeJylhis
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!