Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

a part of “Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth”, a fictional universe by Lady Velvet.

In the year 2289, the advent of new technology has led to the discovery of planets that could potentially sustain human life. The governments send up 300 young scientists and travelers to not only study, but colonize.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:08 pm

I haven't gotten word from any of the people I have messaged back. If you guys (Cer, Fabricati, Raya, Oran Tarlin, Headroller, anyone else) would agree, I'd really like to consider the idea of transferring to the new site that Headroller has suggested.

On a side note, I apologize if my activity on RPG has dipped some. I'm in my school's marching band, which consumes my weekdays until the evening. And then by the time I come home, the only things my brain can process are eating and sleeping...but I'm trying to keep up.
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raya on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

I would like to continue playing wherever it goes. If it's a play by post rather than chat, I almost prefer a site that sends each post as emails. That's just how most of mine were in the past, so perhaps I'm biased. I'm game for trying new areas, but I wish this place would clear back up since I was just starting to get accustomed to it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raya
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

"the site Headroller suggested" is what, though? I haven't heard it yet; thought I'd ask, just so I don't get lost in the transfer :)
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 am

I agree with Fabricati. Getting lost isn't fun. If it's a forum-esque site or a board one, it could work. We could even create a temporary proboards or invisionfree to host our little voyagers.
@Raya~ Like a multi-group roleplay in emails? Sorry, it's late and my mind has gone fuzzy even. I know what you mean on just getting used to it here. I'm finally exploring.
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:19 pm

I don’t think it’s going to be necessary to bother with going to a new site even though the Role-Play Tab is decommissioned the way it is. You have to understand this site is experiencing endless amounts of traffic and that the glitches are the result. To fix them it does cost money and time which currently the admins – the creator of the site – is trying to get. All we can do is try to be patient. I can assure you the admins are FULLY aware of these issues.

Instead of using the Role-Play Tab, we should take advantage of the IC forums instead. We won’t be able to create a topic for each of the Pioneers, but as long as we bold a heading onto each of our posts, we should be fine. Yes this is a big inconvenience but it would save the time of going to a whole new forum all together. When the Role-Play Tab is working again, we can hopefully post all of our messages there and continue.

Due to the ‘View Your Posts’ button not working you would simply have to subscribe to the Pioneer thread and use the ‘Your Subscriptions’ to find your topics.

As for my inactivity in the OOC, please forgive me. I do talk to Cer almost all day and she can text me so for the most part I do stay updated. Recently I was appointed the Mentor Lead so I’ve been a bit busy with everything but role-play.

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 pm

To be honest, I don't know much of anything about the site Headroller has mentioned to me. All I know is that it's a fairly small community reserved for advanced roleplays. But I promise I'll give you more info once I have it. :)

Maestro: That's all good to know. :) Maybe the rest of you guys don't feel the same way, but I'm not sure if I want to continue the roleplay until the tabs are up and running again. The Roleplay Tab suits the Pioneer Roleplay perfectly, and I'd hate to get all disorganized...and stuff.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 pm

That sounds... You Must tell me more D:

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:02 am

I'd think that if we quit the roleplay now, we would end up losing everybody because I do believe fixing the tab will take some time. =/ I hope we all don't give up and quit!

Cer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Let's see...Here's the link to the site I previously mentioned.

rpcentral.theclaybox.com

I'd say we use this as a last resort and stick with Maestro's idea, yes?

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raya on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Cer - What I meant was basically like yahoo groups. That's where a lot of my first RPGs were. Any posts anyone makes are just emails to my inbox, making replying quite simple.

I'll have to take some time later to check out that site, and also the IC forums I guess. I had only familiarized myself with the roleplay tabs and didn't even really notice or understand the differences between the two. I do think that if we just sit around waiting, interest is likely to die out. I've already lost my groove. Oh well. Easy enough to rediscover, I suppose. :P

Raya
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:00 am

I agree. RPG forum would be good for now. Keep everyone here until we have to run to another site. =) I'm definitely going to check out the other site too, though. It sounds really interesting. The RPG forum portion hasn't been too much trouble either, as I've been reading around over there and posting most everyday without a single problem.

Raya~ Ah! So, it posts on a group, but a copy is sent to email? Apologies for my dim sight on it! I am used to boards, messengers, emails, and forum sites. I've never actually tried roleplaying in a yahoo or msn group. D= I fear that if it was completely in email, I would completely forget to check and reply as I have to be told, as it is, when a friend sends me a post. I'm not apt to run into email otherwise. It could work, though. Another idea for our drawing board.

Cer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:36 am

Okay, here's my only problem; without the roleplay tabs, how are we going to separate the PI and the PIV? To be honest, I've only worked the tabs on this site and I haven't even navigated the rest of RPG. I might be asking a completely obvious question here.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:11 pm

We could always just make two separate threads for them O_o

Another thing that has worked well for me in past RPs is that before every message, you write the Character's name, the general setting, and a more specific location above the post, like a title. For example, before writing something for one of my characters, I would put as a heading:
(Valia Babel, Pioneer IV, Mess Hall) , or
(Dr. Sylvia Lockhart, Pioneer I, Head Supervisor's Office) .

That way, people know who it is and where they are right away, making organizing and looking up older posts easier. Usually the general setting would be something like a nation or city in other roleplays, while the specific location would be a street or store name or some such similar thing, but the Pioneers are rather limited in terms of setting size :P Though you know, it would end up really helpful to do it like that once we got to different Planets (no need to worry about cluttering up the permanent locations in the tabs with lots of planets).

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Headroller on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:08 am

Having different dedicated threads, using titles for character and location, yeah those are all good. I was actually a bit surprised when I saw that kind of system wasn't used here. As far as email goes though, forums are a bit of an improvement over that since you can edit previous work and organize things better as a contributor and GM.

If we're going to move things to a thread on this site, lets do so quickly, hit the steel while its still hot.
A Man's true profession is to find the road to Himself.
-Thomas Hobbes

Headroller
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Why didn't I think of that? *facepalm* Yeah, pardon my barely-functioning brain.

I'm definitely okay with doing that until the tabs come back up. Would we just make a thread in the regular ol' Play-by-Post forum, then...?

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I believe so. =D To the play-by-post, we go! -charges- Okay, actually, I'm not the cap'n of this brigade. I can't charge. XD But I can't wait to continue Pioneer! It's going to be so exciting with everything going on.

Cer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 am

Does that mean I'm the captain...okay! To the play-by-post!

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Well, of course, Lady V. XD You're the maker of our starlet. (Yes, now it's a star in my head.) I'm on a Pirates kick for some reason. So, ignore me if I dip into pirate slang and start "Arggg"-ing all over the place. >.> Could always have first and second mates, though, of course. =) If you would, shoot me a message when the threads are up, please.

Cer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nogond on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi i just found about this roleplay and would like to now if it is possible to join.

Nogond
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:09 pm

I'd like to be a pirate, but I'm worried that I may not have the pirate spirit...um...yarr!

Nogond, you're good to join. :) Just make sure you read up on what's already happened! That is, if you can access it...it's been glitchy.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!