Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rise of Champions: The ParadigmIX

Rise of Champions: The ParadigmIX

a part of “Rise of Champions: The ParadigmIX”, a fictional universe by ParadigmIX.

The entire world watches in horror as the beloved superheroes of the ParadigmVIII are brutally massacred. With the constant growing threat of super-powered individuals bringing total destruction who all will step forward as the world's next champions?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rise of Champions: The ParadigmIX”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Rise of Champions: The ParadigmIX

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 pm

really? it seemed to finish in the perfect place. i mean really, all i'm going to be able to say is "yes." and that's it. it seems like a waste of a post. plus, i mean, when psychosis and black friday show up later together, it'll be pretty obvious what the answer was. i definitely wasn't ignoring your post Rei, i just couldn't think of any way to add to the story.

EDIT: I found a way, lol. So there you go, a little more Black Friday action for ya'z.To Superzorro, thanks, I guess I will just have to wait for ParadigmIX to start Episode 2.
They told me, "Son, you're special. You were born to do great things."

ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Oh okay XD Sorry, I assumed you were for some reason not seeing or ignoring my post :/ Though I guess as of yet there is no place where Black Friday and Psychosis can battle any of the heroes

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:57 pm

I seriously doubt Desmond and Ileana would invite them...

Perhaps Paradigm could take over Baptist for a while? I kinda liked him and he added some brute force to the team. At the very least Jehnesis could finish that particular storyline.

Superzorro
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Unsolved1 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:00 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My computer lives!

Sorry about all the trouble folks and my absence. I've a new phone now as well so at the least I'll be able to post from my EVO!
It is all about balance.

Unsolved1
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ParadigmIX on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:02 pm

This is curious, I've no idea how come I'm not able to browse past page 1 on the roleplay. That's gonna make it difficult to wrap up what's going on the beginning of Episode 2.

No worries Unsolved, it's good to have you back.

For the villains. Don't make it a worry about battling heroes just yet. I'm trying to get a story revolving for you guys but no worries, you'll get your chance to fight the Paradigm.

I'm gonna give it a couple more days for some people to post that way I know how to get the heroes gathered together. Till then expect some super-powered mayhem coming!

PARADIGM!
There is always a way....always

ParadigmIX
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Hmm... you know, in spite of how I've got Recharge all thought up, he just doesn't want to be written. Maybe it's the way he's built, but anything I've tried to write with him since my last post has come out highly offensive. And while Recharge is a character built around being offensive, I don't want to risk him alienating everyone just yet... maybe when they're already stuck with him on the team.

So I'm off to see if a can't write up a more useful (in these pre-team social environs, at least) character.

I'm looking forward to the start of episode 2 (and the return of Recharge.)

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 am

Unsolved1 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My computer lives!

Sorry about all the trouble folks and my absence. I've a new phone now as well so at the least I'll be able to post from my EVO!

You sure chose the perfect time to return. Were you waiting on somebody to assume you weren't coming back? ;)

Vio-lance, I wasn't aware that we wrapped that up already.

Superzorro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 pm

If Dr. Damnation and Binary manage to create a synthetic intelligence, like the Vision, can it be a kid and can I RP it? :P

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 pm

So I'm officially back and---hellooooo, potential synthetic intelligence. Yep, a two-week absence'll create some pretty amazing shizz.

I'm thinking of submitting a hero for Episode 2, but he's bordering into camp territory. No one ever said this roleplay needed any glam. But anyway, how are you all?

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Jehnesis wrote:If Dr. Damnation and Binary manage to create a synthetic intelligence, like the Vision, can it be a kid and can I RP it? :P

But-but-but if we make a baby together we have to get married first!! D:
Come to the edge,
We can't, we're afraid,
Come to the edge,
We can't, we will fall
Come to the edge,
And they came
And He pushed them
And they flew
--Guillame Appolinaire

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:38 pm

I don't think the Doctor is so old-fashioned... :P

I really like the idea of making this 'Synthetic Intelligence' (thank you, wikipedia) a new character. If you have a cool idea, Jehnesis, then please make it. I have only one condition: it's battle cry has to be FOR SCIENCE just like the Doctor would've wanted. Won't three characters be too much for you though? ;)

Camp heroes can be fun, Tæfarós. Isn't Doctor Damnation quite camp as well? I'm afraid that if I were to create the SI-character he would be it too ("Silence, fleshling!").

Superzorro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:00 pm

lol good point. wikipedia didnt help me at all! There was just one tiny paragraph which basically said "It's artificial intelligence, except more bitchin." Which doesn't help me or my powers of profound bs!

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Maybe we could just use this page for reference? Though why a combat drone would have to be of equal or greater intelligence than a human being is beyond me...oh wait...for science ofcourse.

Superzorro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Superzorro wrote:Won't three characters be too much for you though? ;)

Haha, the amount of time I spend on here? I seriously doubt it :D But if it did become too much I could always ask Soviet Rei very, very, very nicely if she would take over Black Friday. That dude pretty much writes himself, just try and smash things a lot :D I just had this idea of making the SI a little toddler in bright red overalls with pale green skin and yellow eyes who runs around kicking ass and calling the Doctor and Binary "Mummy and Daddy" ('cos he'd totally have to be British :P)
EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vision_%28Marvel_Comics%29
The way they did it with The Vision in the comics was to base his synthetic brain wave patterns on that of another hero (more specifically, Wonder Man's)

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:23 pm

LOL yea, that sounds about right.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Lol@Science made me do it.

That sounds like something the Doctor would love (and is very creepy), Jehnesis. Would it have to be so humanoid though? If you think about it...why make it humanoid (which is impractical with only two legs and two arms and a head sticking out the top and...you get the idea) but not human-like enough to blend in. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much but it's something the Doctor would think about, I would hope.

By the way, this feels like a good spot to 'fade out' so to say and start episode 2 with this...thing already walking around. Or would that be too easy?

Superzorro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 pm

I get what you mean. But sometimes you just do stuff because it happens that way. They say the best scientific finds are made by accident. Maybe they had an old android lying around-- in bright red overalls-- they stuck the SI program in there because it was available, and then it stuck. And someone messed with the speech variables and it came out british.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 pm

That's a fun idea. Instead of putting it in the hyper-advanced combat drone they accidentaly put it in the somewhat less hyper-advanced experimental android child. That could work.

Superzorro
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jehnesis on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Well, I submitted the character and called it C.H.E.S.T.E.R. :P you can decide on what that stands for if you want. Also, I took on board what you said about humanoid forms Superzorro and so I gave him two modes: toddler mode and BATTLE MODE where he's 7 feet tall and armed with rockets, blades, miniguns and has 4 arms and 6 legs :D

EDIT: Oh, and welcome back to Tae, I completely forgot to say.

Jehnesis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superzorro on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:13 am

Cool. Nice job, Jehnesis.

Superzorro
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!