Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Other Kind of Roommate

The Other Kind of Roommate

a part of “The Other Kind of Roommate”, a fictional universe by Tartra.

There's been a lot of noise coming from Alex's apartment. He blames it on his roommate, the one nobody else can see. Someone's got to put a stop to it, and more than one person volunteered.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Other Kind of Roommate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Other Kind of Roommate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartra on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:20 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Other Kind of Roommate"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
The Other Kind of Roommate - A web serial; Language and violence well employed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tartra
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Other Kind of Roommate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm interested. Where do I sign up, how do I sign up, and what kind of character should I have?
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartra on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:02 pm

WOW. I can't believe someone responded so fast.

Just make a character application and write like you were writing your first post - particularly in your character history. I'm not gonna dictate what you should be, but you should live in the apartment building and preferably be close enough to hear the noise Alex and Xander were making during their fight, unless you want to meet him a different way. I can have that 'someone's coming' thing just be the pizza guy. :)

Tartra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:06 pm

I'd love to be a neighbour of theirs. I'm gonna write out a sheet right now :)

Lee
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartra on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 pm

:D Holy crap, people are actually joining. I'm so happy!

Tartra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 pm

applied with my character :)

Lee
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Sorry for double post but I corrected my character a bit and added a picture to her

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Sorry for double post but I corrected my character a bit and added a picture to her. Tartra are you gonna review the character applications soon?

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:27 pm

damn glitchy computer... sorry for chain posting :(

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartra on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:32 am

I read the character application, Lee. While I'm glad I caught your interest, I'm not sure we'd be a good match in a roleplay. Thanks anyway.

Tartra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 am

It's cool. Thanks for being honest about it

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:07 pm

This looks cool. I'd like to give it a try!
FRIENDS: Will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're an alien from outerspace.
BEST FRIENDS: Will break you out of the loony bin and drive you to New Mexico to meet up with the mothership.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
Who was the first person to say "See that chicken over there... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of its butt"?

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tartra on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:10 pm

:D Glad to hear it.

Tartra
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Okay, I submitted a character but I'm going to be gone for about a week. I should be back by Thursday or Friday. Just letting you know.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:07 pm

I haven't submitted because I'm rather busy at the moment. I will soon though :D

Cypher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Hey theeeere! I'm kind of interested. :DD I'm gonna make a character right now. Closest neighbor.

smoke it, feel it, fly it high.

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Alright, I'm done with my character. :D

Rawrr
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rawrr on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 pm

What kind of match are you looking for?

Rawrr
Member for 15 years

Re: The Other Kind of Roommate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ten on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 am

For lack of any kind of explanation from you - but seeing you going on with your life elsewhere, happy and content as a clam - I'm going to assume we're over, since you can't even be arsed to offer a "please give me time" or anything. My heart is broken to have you ripped from my life so abruptly and in such a confusing way. Even if you came back later and tried to make amends... the damage is done. I cannot remove the pain you have caused me, the absolute trust crushed. I suppose I deserve it, for all I put you through and how many times I flipped out on you. I never defended treating you that way or going to my blog to vent "behind your back within your sight" and I always relented when you stood up to me and talked me through what the real issue was. Your reaction to what happened is unforgivable. I can't be around someone who is unpredictable like that and won't even listen to what I say or talk to me like I'm a human being. If this is a taste of my own medicine, then, thanks. It's completely random and I thought we'd gotten past that bullshit but okay, I get it. You sure showed me.

There is a difference between then and now. As much as it will hurt me getting over this and trying to move on without you, I do not need you. I WANT you in my life but I am not broken. I guess Abram's rejection kinda prepared me for this and I thank you for waiting until I was semi-over him to spring this breakup on me too. Even though I am hurt, I will always love you and cherish our time together and everything you ever did for me. You're the best friend I ever had and I mean that from the bottom of my soul. I wish you the best in everything, all your plans and goals in life, I am still cheering you on, girl.

Your friend, always and forever.

Amanda

Ten
Member for 11 years

Re: The Other Kind of Roommate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ten on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 pm

In going back over our recent conversations and the implications in your notes to my mother, I feel like you have serious reading comprehension issues or you're missing pieces of what has been said. Throughout our falling out, in nearly every note or message I have directed your way, I have exhaustively outlined the chronological order of events as I saw them happening but maybe it wasn't exhaustive enough? So, here, for your benefit, all together in one place, what the fuck happened(*holds your goddamned hand like a fucking child*):

you sent me a drunk text on Facebook telling me how much you missed chatting with me and how free I seemed when talking with you on Skype and how you longed for that.
I apologized the next morning for having missed your note and commented on my tiredness, attributing it to my recent energy drinking and indicating that I thought there was a problem - flippantly because it is akin to complaining over a bellyache when you pig out on discount candy after Halloween sales.
You compared energy drinks to heroin and cocaine and I told you I was going to talk to my doctor about the issue.
You proceeded to guilt-trip me and then bully me about quitting them. I told you I recognized my weakness in giving them up and my plans to seek professional help - which was apparently not good enough, because energy drinks are exactly like cocaine in Canada.
I went to work and made plans with a friend to go to a music show after work.
You sent me a text asking me if I went to work and if I drank an energy drink, apparently thinking it was your job to police this issue or that I asked for your help in any way.
I asked to talk about the issue later as I was literally out with a friend at that moment.
Like a spoiled child you refused with a petulant "No"
I became alarmed since this issue was ridiculously small and you were acting in a manner that indicated something serious was going on - you are normally a level-headed individual and even accounting for you getting angry, I trusted if there was a larger issue, you'd bring it up as you're not one for games or being indirect - sorry, is depending on you to be truthful and show some integrity and responsibility making you too one-dimensional?
You no longer wished to talk about it, instead opting to discuss the issue with a friend because of how mad you were.
I understandably, became upset, right in the middle of the music show sitting next to my friend, because I did not understand what the issue was or what you were mad about. My texts indicated very plainly this confusion and alarm.
You told me that I was irresponsible but didn't explain what about or how - because making plans to get professional help for a problem I cannot handle on my own is SERIOUSLY not taking enough responsibility in your book - and you said that you were very disappointed in me and needed to reevaluate how this awful behavior fit into your life - because me drinking energy drinks is seriously taxing on you because cocaine and Canada.
I left the music show early because I was too upset and confused. I showed my mother the texts on Facebook and explained to her what had happened. She agreed: you were fruit loops and there was something more going on.
I got home and explained all the confusion and inconsistencies in what had happened.
You sent what appeared to be a generally addressed message about how you were not handling negativity well and needed to sort shit out over the next week or so.
I told you good luck and implied double edged thanks over your behavior basically agreeing "Yes. You should go do that. Figure shit out, girl."
You got bent out of shape over me calling you hun - the resumption of contact seemed to say in my mind "I'm going to go figure stuff out but I'm open to discussing this right now."
I told you I needed some space because you were acting smiley but the tone was one of the same veiled bullying as before.
You sent me another text talking about disrespectful it was of me to call you out on your bullshit when all you did was generally acknowledge that you had some issues to deal with
I became upset and explained how you were being perceived, what my meaning was behind those comments and how it was unacceptable for you to treat me like that AND then expect me to apologize for being upset about it
I was balling by this point and unable to continue the conversation in that state, I blocked you on Facebook. I immediately sent you an email stating how upset I was, that the block was temporary and that when I'd calmed down I would contact you again.
I showed my mother everything and she comforted me over the bizarre situation
In the morning, she sent you an email explaining how important you are to me and how much the situation upset me and how confused we both were about it, asking you to please consider explaining and reconciling things between us.
In the evening, I sent you another note, explaining yet again, my version of events and how upset I was. You did not respond, so, in case you were blocking my email, I posted the message on my blog. Lots of Canada views but no message from you.
A couple days later, I sent you another email, AGAIN explaining my version of events and my confusion over why you got so upset over energy drinks. I also posted it on my gutted blog.
A couple days later, I put all of my TOKoR art in storage on deviantArt, since I was still upset and my best friend was not talking to me and was for all I knew, still blisteringly, irrationally angry about "something".
I sent you a text the next day asking how you were. You said you were having an okay day - very clipped and non-talkative. I asked you where we stood, since I was still left with NO explanation. You never responded.
I tried to refriend you on Facebook. You never accepted the request.
Looking on Kim's Facebook page, I saw you commented on her pictures of her new hairstyle, completely at ease, and joking with her.
No email from you, no explanation, no nothing.
Realizing that this was shitty behavior on your part and that I really didn't deserve it, I decided enough was enough and sent you a goodbye message, AGAIN explaining my version of events - which, YES, did include blaming you for acting shitty because you DID and no, I'm not going to accept blame for some unknown slight against you. I posted this message on my blog, on role-play gateway, and on Facebook - then promptly blocked you.
I did not expect a response(why should I, at that point?) but I got one - the most bizarre and hateful thing you've ever sent me. My note sent back to me edited with different words. Your tone was snooty and bitter and you flip-flopped between saying things as if you were me sending you a message and as if you were you responding back to me. In it, you indicated the issue was bigger than energy drinks but never said what it was. you indicated that you needed more apologies over my venting on my blog issue when the last time I ever wrote about you on my blog in that way was last May, just before you sent me that big message confronting me about it. You indicated that I wasn't allowing you to be human although how or when I have no clue - seriously, if you think you get to act the way you did and not have an apology expected, then fuck you? You indicated that I was clinging to my hurt feelings and didn't know when I would be calm enough to talk about the issue - everything I sent you was upset, yes, but I was calm and thinking clearly; an explanation and an apology would have smoothed everything over IMMEDIATELY and we could have moved on and worked on whatever issues you wanted.
I texted you to not ever talk to me again and indicated that you were on drugs and acting childish - tell me I am wrong for thinking or saying that. If you can justify sending me a note basically mocking me, then I am fully within my rights of telling you that you're off your goddamn rocker.
2 months of silence passed.
You made an account on Blue Moon looking for sexual role-plays and started peeking back into my empty blog.
I felt you were maybe thinking of trying to get in contact again, so, I sent you messages indicating that I wanted to talk.
For an hour and a half, I vented on your new TOKoR website all the stuff I never got to say, all the questions you'd left unanswered, and all the feelings I had about the situation - mostly, the mass of messages were to get your attention; I was done playing games and decided i would get an explanation from you whatever it took.
Finally when my onslaught ended you sent me a message.
I asked you for your version of events.
You indicated that you had a spotty memory of events - which says to me "a fight with you didn't really matter all that much" because as you can clearly see from the above that I haven't forgot a damn thing. Oops, sorry for being unstable and too attached but you were like only my best friend for the past 3 years. My bad.
You told me that since I told you to back off, you decided it was a good enough reason not to talk to me and that when I sent you the goodbye message, you thought the relationship wasn't worth fighting for or changing my mind over - and you justified sending me that hateful message as a completely logical thing that i shouldn't be upset over.
And apparently you think we "traded" emails. No. No, we didn't. You shut me out and ignored me. But you know, I was clearly supposed to just assume you were working shit out and that after being irrationally angry at me, you'd come back and grace me with your presence - but god forbid I treat you like a God and not a human! Clue: human's make mistakes and admit to it.
Realizing that you're an immature, emotionally stunted and controlling bitch, I once again told you my version of events and thanked you, intending to move on.
You sent my mother a message saying you were scared I might kill myself. She called me and we laughed about how ridiculous that was, since I'd shared everything with her up to that point and even the messages we traded that very night - closure was a big thing for me and I was very glad I got it.
A couple days later, you seemed lost and unsure of what I wanted you to do now, clearly not understanding the repetitive explanation of events and my feelings about them - thus this note - and I told you to fuck off.
You expressed desire to resolve things and work on becoming friends in the future and that you "might" owe me an apology at some point then - but not now; don't go giving out those apologies too soon, girl.
You also indicated that you were unhappy with the way things were and I am supposed to agree with you? Or something? News to me but it is literally a match on a bonfire right now.

This note is an explanation of why I never want to hear from you again and why I never want to resolve things with you. I refuse to forgive somebody who can't say they are sorry. You are a toxic and controlling individual, as indicated by the entire message above. I expect better from the people I interact with; I expect honesty and directness. I expect humbleness and respect and I expect responsibility. You are not "human", you are seriously flawed and demented and I do not want you in my life any longer.

This is the last message I will send you.

Don't bother to respond. There's nothing more that needs to be said. You've explained your position very well as have I - now - my own.

I sincerely hope you get help for your issues.

Ten
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!