Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Elder Scrolls: Fall of the Divine

The Elder Scrolls: Fall of the Divine

a part of “The Elder Scrolls: Fall of the Divine”, a fictional universe by Dante007.

It has been 12 years after the end of the Third Era. A mysterious group known only as The Order are about to threaten the existence of Tamriel. Meanwhile, amidst rumors of a schism between the Nine, the Daedric Princes continue to rise in power.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Elder Scrolls: Fall of the Divine”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Elder Scrolls: Fall of the Divine

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 am

As I touched upon in the Introduction, at first everyone will be on a transport ship that has left Summerset Isle and is headed to Anvil. No one will know eachother, unless you specifically want to know someone, just send me a PM in that case to let me know. After introduction posts and any convo's, the ship will be ambushed by Pirates and only the player characters will somehow survive, to be washed up on a beach on the Gold Coast, near their destination of Anvil. They'll receive a vision from an unknown source as they lay dying on the beach. Soon after, the party wakes up with enough strength to be led to a nearby village, where they will be given a ride to the city of Anvil at which point the story will begin.

The plot of the story revolves around the actions of an organization, known simply as "The Order", to bring the Daedric Princes to power within Cyrodiil. They are not like the Mythic Dawn, as they don't seek destruction. I want to keep their full intentions unclear until later in the story. The other (big) part of the story that coincides with the rising power of the Daedric Princes is the apparent turmoil within the Nine Divine. No one is privvy to much information on the subject. This will be revealed later along with everything else, either via visions, messengers, clerics, hermits, perhaps even an Aedra or Daedra appearing to the party disguised as a normal person.

Relevant links:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Summerset_Isle
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Cyrodiil
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Anvil
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Aedra
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedra
Last edited by Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dante007
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Elder Scrolls: Fall of the Divine

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 am

Hell. Yeah.

I loves me some Elder Scrolls and I would be honored to be included in the Roleplay.

I suppose I really don't have any questions, just wanting to express my gratitude and excitement.

I will put up a character, a sneaky Dunmer, soon. So be patient with me please. You N'Wah!

Hell yeah!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 am

So at start, is everyone somewhat a newby?

Is this roleplay based more around a plot than say random battles, no direction etc?

If yes, I'll be profiling a Nord.

BECAUSE I LIEK BLU FACE PAYNT! D:

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 am

I wil join this as well!

I'll be charactering up an Imperial
"A boon to those who cannot see in the dark. A bane to those who live in it."

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 am

Talisman wrote:Hell. Yeah.

I loves me some Elder Scrolls and I would be honored to be included in the Roleplay.

I suppose I really don't have any questions, just wanting to express my gratitude and excitement.

I will put up a character, a sneaky Dunmer, soon. So be patient with me please. You N'Wah!

Hell yeah!

I'm glad you're excited, this is the first RP I've started and I really want it to be a fun one. The Elder Scrolls series is one of my favorite game series of all time, so I figured I'd start my first one based around it.

flickery wrote:So at start, is everyone somewhat a newby?

Is this roleplay based more around a plot than say random battles, no direction etc?

If yes, I'll be profiling a Nord.

BECAUSE I LIEK BLU FACE PAYNT! D:

Are the player characters newbs? Not necessarily, someone can be an experienced warrior, for example, but preferably not "The greatest warrior in all of Cyrodiil" or "The most powerful Mage the world has ever seen". Nothing overpowered, but I'll allow experience in their fields or none at all if you feel like roleplaying as someone young (not too young, I forgot to mention this but I don't want adolescents, at least 16 years old if you're a race of Men. Beasts and Mer don't quite have the same aging process, but 16+ would be the ideal age.) Generally, you can make your characters as knowledgeable as you see fit, just use your judgment. (No Omniscience, finding things out about other characters without asking) Most of what you'll be learning, which would be "new" information for most of the population of Cyrodiil, will be coming from NPCs that I'll be roleplaying.

And yes, the roleplay has a Main plot, the "grand scheme of things" if you will, revolving around The Order, the Daedra and Aedra. But, as in all Elder Scrolls games, there are plenty of subplots. If you so wish, you don't need to follow the main plot, I just expect that most people will, or as far as they can go with the information they've been given up to that point. You can join the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, or Morag Tong, but all have changed considerably after 12 years. I've already basically thought out the Main plot till the end, but I'm still fleshing out the plots of the guilds and random quests around Cyrodiil.

Dante007
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetna on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am

I submited a characer. Thing is im new here so do i have to wait until you accept it or can i just type in the first post. Unless theres a specifique time you want to start it.
Zetna

Zetna
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:04 pm

I don't want to start the RP just yet, give a couple days for people to join and think up their characters. It'll also give me time to flesh out everything there is to do in the cities a bit more. After I accept your character you can just wait and I'll post in this thread when posting can begin. As a reminder, your first post will be from inside the ship, The Serpent's Wake, waiting to arrive on Anvil.

Dante007
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 pm

My character is up and accepted! And yeah we probably should wait to get some more people. 3 isn't really enough to suit an RP on the scale of Elder Scrolls. Are we meant to adventure in parties? Or can we go it alone?

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:03 pm

In the beginning, everyone will be grouped up, but once you reach Anvil (or possibly before that) you can definitely separate from the group and do your own thing if you feel so inclined. Considering the scale of events that are taking place, though, you'll eventually want to group up with a few others for certain things, say, an important Fighters Guild assignment that you might not be able to do alone.

If you want to be a Lone Wolf for most of the game, you can do that too.

Dante007
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Alright. I was just checking just in case you wanted us to keep on like a set story track.

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Of course, I have a specific story track in mind, but players will merely be given nudges in the right direction in that regard. First, it'll come as a vision as you're washed up on the beach, then later I'll be leaving breadcrumb "Main Quest" quests that people can choose to follow.

However, I don't want to chain people and restrict them to the Main quest, so just like in the real game, you can basically ignore what's going on with the world and go your own way, flesh out your own story, influence other parts of Cyrodiil.

To clarify, I probably won't have my own character in the story that goes along with the party, I'll be roleplaying as any NPC that needs to be roleplayed at the time, as well as providing everything the party needs for story purposes.

Dante007
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Of course. :) Its definitely appearing to be a very nice RP. I know I am definitely excited to be trying this so cuedos to you Dante.

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks for accepting my character, Dante.

I just got a new computer after my last one went to hell, and the first thing I put on it (after Windows, of course) was Oblivion. I love The Elder Scrolls, and I'm looking forward to this RP. It'll certainly be a change from what I'm used to on this site, with you acting more as a DM than anything.

I'm really not used to the new tab system for RPs, though, so forgive me if it doesn't agree with me at first. I'll have some trouble getting around for a while. But it's what all the kids are doing these days, so I suppose I'll have to get into it some time.

Also, I should note that while I have played Morrowind a little bit (the bad combat turned me away from it, especially after playing Oblivion), I have not played any prior Elder Scrolls games, and so my knowledge of Tamriel is mostly restricted to Cyrodiil. I won't be up on any lore outside that. Hopefully everyone here can pick up my slack in that regard.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Hell yeah, I'm part of this crew of cynical bastards ! Yay !

Okay, I'm a total Morrowind and Oblivion junkie, I know far too much lore, I gasp and wince when people disrespect it. Just so y'all know :P

And I've most likely forgotten lots of stuff in my bio, it's been a long time since I last RPed, and I've never been good at making bios, I always forget to add details of some kind or another, but IC everything should be fine, just as soon as I start losing my last remnants of rust. But so far I like where you're taking this Dante; I needed something comfy to start, and The Elder Scrolls is about as comfy as it gets, and the setting is pleasing, sensible, and not totally boringly dull and cliché, just verging on utter chaos, so all's good.

So yeah, I'm the official lore junkie here, sorry.

EDIT: Anyone know where to find some good Dunmer pictures ? I've been searching Google images and deviantArt for hours, can't find that many, and even less that are pleasing, and I'm pissed at not having an image for his face. Though I've detailed it far too much now, tsk.

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 pm

I would have suggested not playing a Dunmer at all, seeing as how there are already three. I'm glad I got my character in first, otherwise it might have seemed as though I were taking too much influence from the others, particularly Ballista Tengaki...

But that aside, I would suggest searching for Dark Elves, rather than Dunmer. I searched DA for Dunmer for a few minutes before realizing I was not going to find anything. But be warned: there are countless pictures of female Dark Elves on DA. But I can count the number of articles of clothing in all those pictures combined on two hands. You do the math.

However, what I plan to do as soon as I remember how to enable screen shots in Oblivion, is create my character in-game and use Photoshop to create some images for my profile. It will also give me an opportunity to get more into Othan and figure out how to play him.

I'm probably taking this way too seriously, but hey, I'm a nerdgeek.

I'm not sure what you all think of modding, but there is an Oblivion mod I know of that allows a kind of pseudo-online environment, in which other players can appear as NPCs in your world. Wouldn't it be neat if we could set that up and RP this in the actual game along with writing here? Just a thought.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sorin the Great on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello all! I apologize for any inconvenience this might bring, but I will be gone from RoleplayGateway for the next 3 days due to yet another spur of the moment vacation by the parental units. I would have told you all earlier, but I was only told perhaps a half hour ago to pack for it. I will Be back either Saturday night or Sunday for the day. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience and will be returning shortly.

My apologies especially to you Dante if I delay the story in any way :( but just as a foretelling in case you wonder why I have not posted. Still looking forward to this with great anxiety!

-Sorin-

Sorin the Great
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:31 pm

StandardFiend wrote:I would have suggested not playing a Dunmer at all, seeing as how there are already three. I'm glad I got my character in first, otherwise it might have seemed as though I were taking too much influence from the others, particularly Ballista Tengaki...

But that aside, I would suggest searching for Dark Elves, rather than Dunmer. I searched DA for Dunmer for a few minutes before realizing I was not going to find anything. But be warned: there are countless pictures of female Dark Elves on DA. But I can count the number of articles of clothing in all those pictures combined on two hands. You do the math.

However, what I plan to do as soon as I remember how to enable screen shots in Oblivion, is create my character in-game and use Photoshop to create some images for my profile. It will also give me an opportunity to get more into Othan and figure out how to play him.

I'm probably taking this way too seriously, but hey, I'm a nerdgeek.

I'm not sure what you all think of modding, but there is an Oblivion mod I know of that allows a kind of pseudo-online environment, in which other players can appear as NPCs in your world. Wouldn't it be neat if we could set that up and RP this in the actual game along with writing here? Just a thought.

I love the ashlanders far too much for my own good to do a TES roleplay without playing one, I'm afraid. Especially seeing how it all fit with the setting, and it makes him nice and outlandish. I'll give dark elf a try tomorrow, the reason I haven't tried it yet is that I know there'll be about 1% of interesting material, 89% topless elfettes, and 10% butch males ...

And I don't have Oblivion on the PC anymore, in fact right now I'm playing Morrowind again, heavily modded, and I have no photshop skills whatsoever, so if I don't get lucky with my search tomorrow, Ashur will have to go without a picture.

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:43 pm

If you don't have a proper picture for your character, there are tons of sites with in-game screenshots of Morrowind and Oblivion displaying the variety of races and genders. If you have either game on the PC, you could just create your own character as you see him, and take a screenshot, if only a face shot.

Sorin the Great wrote:Hello all! I apologize for any inconvenience this might bring, but I will be gone from RoleplayGateway for the next 3 days due to yet another spur of the moment vacation by the parental units. I would have told you all earlier, but I was only told perhaps a half hour ago to pack for it. I will Be back either Saturday night or Sunday for the day. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience and will be returning shortly.

My apologies especially to you Dante if I delay the story in any way :( but just as a foretelling in case you wonder why I have not posted. Still looking forward to this with great anxiety!

-Sorin-

That's alright, if we do start without you, you can begin in Anvil or elsewhere.

Dante007
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I don't think I'd be doing anything fancy with Photoshop--just rendering the image, maybe apply a cool filter to make Othan look more epic. I dunno.
Last edited by StandardFiend on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante007 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

I've accepted your character, Nurea/Rougeshadow, but remember to flesh it out a bit more once you're done with what you're doing.

Dante007
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!