Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

X-Gene

X-Gene 2

a part of “X-Gene”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

FINISHED

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “X-Gene”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] X-Gene 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:20 pm

eh, soon most likely, but i think the others should all have a chance to post before hand...so we'll just see what they come up with first.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Ah, okay...*is eager for the start of X-Gene 2, if you couldn't tell* XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:34 pm

lol, yeah, me too. although, i wonder, how long should the time skip be? i know at least a year, but i think maybe it should be a bit longer, though how long?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Year, half a year, maybe...anything more than two years seems to be going a bit far...but it's up to you.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:28 pm

i'm thinking maybe a year and a half...that would give us long enough to settle into our new rols in life, and some time to get control over our powers, as well as begin to develope new abilities having to do with them.

like, with Romeo, he'll learn how to turn his blades into a sort of armor, and will have begun to tap into his slight psychic senses thanks to the battle with Psycho

and Hunter will gain more control over his left hand, and besides an total increses of his abilities, he'll begin to start being able to teleport, or choose what powers he random;y gets for a short time...like before when he suddenly gained the ability of pyrokinesis, but has sent lost it, well, he could decide that he needs that ability and gin it for a couple of hours before losing it, then choose to gain another for such a time period

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:45 pm

you may have noticed that I've been mentioning a few mutants throughout the rp, especially in my last post, Reaper and Hinder for starters, and before that there was Draco, well, they'll have more of a role in X-gene 2, so, i'm thinking i may put up a profile for them on here, to give you guys an idea about them.

for instance, Dustin and Romeo will have joined the Mutant Resistance if I remember correctly, so they'll need to know a bit about Draco. and Alex and Westlyn are siding with the MTD, so they might wanna know more about their teammates, so Reaper, being a general member of the MTD, they might wanna know, maybe have become friends with or something. and i'll make a simple list of the current MTD SWAT team as well

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm

so, here are a couple of the mutants we'll be seeing more of in X-Gene 2 and if you guys have any ideas please give them

Draco
This guy is now in command of the Mutant Resistance. He has powerful psychic abilities, as well as control of fire and wind. He comes from another world, not like an alien, a world paralel to our own where humans evolved in a different way. He is missing his left hand because the MTD once captured him and when he tried to escape they cut it off. This hand now belongs to Hunter. His goal is to use the mutants to tear open a portal back to his home world

He stands at about six and a half feet tall, with red and black skin, which is fire proof and tougher than most would suspect. His wings can shrink and grow at his will, so normally they aren't seen, and he can use his psychic powers to make people believe he has a human head with choppy black hair and red eyes. Normally he wears simple clothes, jeans and a sleeveless shirt with no shoes, and he carries no weapons

Powers-
Draco has many psychic powers, which include
Teleportation
Pyrokinesis
Aerokinses (air control/creation)
Mind reading and control
Can create psychic barriers
Telepathy
Physical abilities include being fire proof, flight, clawed hand and feet, and horns

---

Jonathan Blight, AKA Reaper
This guy is a general member of the MTD, a normal human given mutat powers, and very useful when it comes to clean up. Normally he does very little until a battle between mutants comes around, at which point, because of his abilities, he is sent in with two purposes, kill and clean up the bodies. he doesn't talk much and has a dark sence of humor, and it still isn't clear if he is actually loyal to the MTD or not, although he has never made a move against them.

As you can see from the pic, we wears all black, all the time. He stands at a bout 5' 9" tall with a thin build, and he really isn't very strong pysically without his weapon of choice, a scythe. His hair is messy and black, and his eyes are an odd orange, which he tells people are the fire of Hell, which he has personally seen several times.

Powers-
By channeling energy of an unknown type through his scythe Reaper is able to cause any body he cuts to dissapear, leaving no trace at all, not even memories of that person will remain, however, it must be a dead body. Aside from that he has super human reflexes, which allows him to easily dodge most attacks, although this does not make him any faster in any other area

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Should this be the part where Psycho's mask is removed?

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:00 pm

i was thinking it either gets removed, or just damaged, i'm trying to wait for eveyone else to be involved and everything, but it's kinda hard since everything is so spread out...

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Updated Psycho's character profile.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Here is a link to X-Gene Chibi Files: roleplay/x-gene-chibi-files/

Also, to clarify, Chibi Files will be running simultaneously with X-Gene 2, not replacing it.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:53 am

thanks Rei, i had forgotten to metion that with everything going on, lol ^_^'

anyways, i'll be putting up the sequel rp in just a bit. now, we still have to wrap this rp up, so if you haven't post please do so, it doesn't have to be anything too exciting or long, just, bascially, what happened when the Psycho-gasmask thing happened. once this is done I'll swoop in with the MTD boys and clean stuff up, then it''s on to the next government coverup!

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:01 pm

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/x-gene-2-and-the-gears-turn/

link to X-Gene 2: And the Gears Turn...noo idea right off why i chose that title XD

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!