Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Road Not Taken

The Road Not Taken

a part of “The Road Not Taken”, a fictional universe by Phoenixrisen.

Everyone has a road that they didn't take, a regret that they can't let go. But as long as you're alive, there's always a way to take that road not taken.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Road Not Taken”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Road Not Taken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Leigh McAllister was a child prodigy of a sort. The child of an SAS officer, and an MI-6 operative, she was trained from a young age how to defend herself, just in case mommy and daddy's work ever followed them home. Still, all was well, until a fateful day when her twin sister Dierdre decided to follow in mommy and daddy's foot steps. It started with the Russians, and a Desert Eagle. It ended in a first kill at much too young an age. Leigh knew from that point on that the life of a covert operative wasn't for her. Dierdre had other ideas, and her twin sister was the one person in the world that Leigh couldn't tell "no".

For years, Leigh worked with her sister. Doing what she did best, sitting behind a computer and calling the shots. Completing technologies, improving them. Cleaning up Dierdre's messes, and Dierdre always made a mess. She wasn't happy, but with every job they completed, there was a higher, and higher price on their heads. It was too dangerous to get out, and Dierdre never would have let her anyway. Then the unthinkable happened. Within days of each other, Leigh received two notifications. One for the death of her mother, one for the death of her father. That's when she realized that if she was going to have the life that she wanted, she needed to go for it now.

In this world there are choices that we have. Some we make ourselves, others are made for us. What do we do when we don't like those choices? Don't like the hand that we've been dealt? That's what defines who we are, our reactions. For some, it's easier to pull away. To make the choice and stick with it, make it real. For Leigh McAllister, it's a little harder than that. A price on her head, and a twin sister that doesn't want to let go are only some of the things that have kept her from embarking on the normal life that she's always wanted.

Colorado Springs, Co. It beckoned to her. Large enough that she could easily disappear into the crowd. Small enough that it wouldn't be the first place anyone would look for someone trying to hide. Besides, with NORAD and all the military around, who would think to look for her there? Little of any note really happened in Colorado Springs. Certainly never the sorts of things that she was trying to get away from at least...

Yes, this is the same Colorado Springs as the one from Stargate SG-1, but it's not a Stargate centric RP. Aspects, and ideas from the show may be used in character development, and as plot devices. Please remember though, that this an RP is about the characters in it, their struggles and triumphs. That said, feel free to go a little crazy with character creation. This is a world where high technology can be found and created, but it's not overly common, and always has some kind of kink or drawback.

Basic character information: Please include all of these things
Name:
Basic description, realistic pictures are good, but I'd like words as well
The personality that others would see. If you'd like to go more in depth than just the surface, feel free.
A very basic history. Where were they born? Did they have siblings? etc. You don't have to get too detailed with their history, but if there's anything in it that could be used for plot devices please let me know. : )
Anything else that you would like to add.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Road Not Taken

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Okay, so to those few of you that have shown an interest, a very fond thank you. : )
I just figured I would kick this off by asking after what you want to see happen with your characters, and asking that you ask whatever general questions you may have here. Who knows, if you have the question someone else might as well, and that way I can answer it once, and have somewhere to refer anyone who asks later. It's easier that way. For now at least. I'm rambling a bit, because I've been rather ill lately, so please forgive me that. Anyway have a nice whatever time of day it is for you when you're reading this, and if anyone wants to join, the roleplay is most definitely still open.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:08 pm

So, hopefully my players are going to check this... I figure we'll start posting either late tonight, or tomorrow. I'll still be accepting new characters, of course, and if there are any of you out there that can roleplay a female character well, and are interested, then please, join. For the sake of realism it would be nice to have a few more female characters.

@Prophetic_Fury: I rather liked Kevin, and he has been approved just the way he is. You have PM's disabled, or I'd have PM'd you, as their handler when they worked with the CIA, there are probably things that he would know, and we may want to figure out what at some point. For instance, Leigh and Dierdre are nearly identical, they always worked together, and they shared the codename "Chimera" because it kept people guessing. They liked it that way. There's probably other stuff, but we can figure that out as things go.

So, yeah. Posting starts soon, but we're most definitely still accepting new characters even then. If you ever come across this and think, "Hmmm... interesting." Feel free to join on up!

Happy RPing all,
Phoenix.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xclbr1 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:25 am

I personaly cant wait to start, This is my first time RPing with two charecters, which i suppose cant be too hard, but this seems like a pretty cool RP. But im a little fuzzy on the plot, care to explain a bit?
"Kill all sons'a'bitches. That's my official instructions." - Ellis

"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith and I were on the top of a burnin' building, and we had to fight our way down like five floors of zombies an - hey, wait a second...I guess that was you guys. Oh shit, man, I can't wait to tell Keith about that one!" - Ellis

Xclbr1
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby prophetic_fury on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:43 am

Sorry about the PMs disabled I didn't even know how it got set to that.
"I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench" http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e062d7b4d5

prophetic_fury
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:51 pm

@Xclber1: Right now, it's pretty basic. It's about the lives of the characters, particularly as they intersect with each other. I'm wanting to make it more specific and dynamic than that. This is where all of you come in. I'm working on more specific ideas, now that I have some idea of the characters that I'm working with, but any thoughts or suggestions from you guys are welcome and appreciated, so feel free to put them out there. I prefer to fit my plots to the characters as opposed to force characters to conform to plots that make no sense at all for them. A certain amount of deviating from the norm is of course necessary and expected, but I'm not gonna go all guns blazing and make some innocent kid have to become a killer etc... Hopefully that made sense.

@prophetic_fury: It's no big. Have you turned them back on?

EDIT: The first post it up. Happy posting.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xclbr1 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:10 am

WEll now that i look over my first post, its kinda confusing, ill try not to do that again...

Xclbr1
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:20 am

I didn't have any problems following it. I can see how maybe it could have been confusing though. I'm sure you'll figure out how posing with two characters works best for you with a little practice.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby prophetic_fury on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 am

Yeah PMs are turned on.

prophetic_fury
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Okay, so as a general note, I added another OOC specifically for working out plot and inter-character stuff so that hopefully we can all stay on the same page. I figure if it's in it's own thread, then this can be used for whatever else come up. Comings and goings, writers block complaints, whatever without interrupting the flow of anything that's brewing character/plot wise.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:12 pm

ROLE CALL

This is just so that I know who's still around. If you haven't already posted, but are intending too, then please respond to this so that I know. Also, if you're having trouble figuring out where to fit yourself in, please let me know so that I can help you figure that out.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xclbr1 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Im still here :3

Xclbr1
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FantasyFantasm on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Whos postin next?

FantasyFantasm
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:54 pm

I should have a post up today or tomorrow. RL went a little crazy, I haven't had a whole lot of energy for much lately. I'm only just now able to write again.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm

So, who's still here?

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!