Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kingdom of the Secret Soul

Kingdom of the Secret Soul

a part of “Kingdom of the Secret Soul”, a fictional universe by dreamawaytheday.

In a world not that much different from our own, there dwells a mysterious race called the Sie. They coincide with humans, visible only to those who can see through the mist.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Kingdom of the Secret Soul”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Kingdom of the Secret Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:54 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Kingdom of the Secret Soul"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Kingdom of the Secret Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Hello everyone! I thought I should explain why there are two different areas to post in.

Most of the Sie like to stay in the Kingdom of the Secret Soul, they may come up occasionally to bother Seers (or whatever you'd like them to do), but they live in the Kingdom. Some never come up, like the Queen or King. So please post there if that's where your character is. Also I'm thinking about having the Queen still alive and temporarily reigning while the heirs are searching for their soul match. If anyone is interested in playing her, message me.

Most of the action will take place in the human world. If it get's too confusing having two different places, I may just make it all one area. We'll see how it goes.

I'm new to creating roleplays, so if you have any suggestions or questions please feel free to let me know!

Roleplaying will start once we have a good amount of characters.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Oh and doodlepoot is the second in command as far as the title of game master goes, so if you have a question and I'm not online message her. Also if I'm busy she might be approving or rejecting characters under my name.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candlelight May on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16 am

Woo! So... I know I'm kinda already in another role-play with you guys, but... I really like you, and I like the setup you've written! :D I could make characters for just about any available slot and be quite happy about it, if you don't mind my joining. If you have any preferences or suggestions on what you'd like, you should send me a PM and let me know!

Candlelight May
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Yay! Doodlepoot and I were going to ask if you wanted to join! ^_^

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Ok I saw your wanted post and so I checked this out and I like it. I'm working on a character now, and just to let you know I just basically copied the format of your's dreamaway. So ya it sounds cool and I hope to be accepted once I finish up.
Two wrongs do not make a right. However, three lefts do.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Okay so the question of what the Sie world and its entrances look like came up, and I decided to paste my answer here too so everyone can see it.

I was leaving the Sie world open to interpretation, it's definitely dark and not very welcoming, I thought we could describe it as we moved along in the rp. It doesn't feel like a cave or anything, it's another world all on its own. It has it's own sky and weather system, though even in the daytime it's very dark. The woods aren't lush, everything feels like it's dying, it's basically a wasteland. The Sie world reflects the mind and personality of the ruler, the reason everything is barren right now is because the king is dead. When another ruler comes the world will warp to match their personality. There are cities, but the only one I've named is Dul, it's the royal city. The palace is made of stone, but that's really all I have.

Just outside of Dul, there's a set of roads that fork off in hundreds of different directions. Each of these roads leads to a different entrance into the human world. As you walk down one of the roads it gets brighter and brighter until everything around you fades away, it feels like you're temporarily walking through an empty white space. When your surroundings are visible again, you find yourself in the human world. (Feel free to add whatever you'd like to the process, I basically just made it up on a whim. haha)

The entrances are mainly located in rural areas with a low population, so the Sie could end up in a cave, a hollowed out tree, or even an abandoned shack. Basically anywhere humans wouldn't visit too often.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Also here's some details about powers the Sie have.

All Sie have the ability to glamour themselves, and cast illusion. They can make humans hallucinate, even non-seers. It's harder to make a Seer hallucinate for long periods of time though, and it's not as potent on them. Normal humans would have all of their senses effected, but if a Seer tries to interact physically with the hallucination it will disappear. Sie that aren't members of the royal family struggle with casting illusion on Seers, and can't cast it on a Seer bound to a member of royalty.

I haven't really thought through any other powers they might have before being crowned King or Queen. Cael really only needs illusion and he can pick up on emotion but he can't read minds in detail. If you want your character to have other powers that's fine (even if they're not royalty).

After being crowned though, they have the ability to enter the mind in detail and manipulate others easily, both humans and Sie.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:53 pm

Hurricane wrote:Ok I saw your wanted post and so I checked this out and I like it. I'm working on a character now, and just to let you know I just basically copied the format of your's dreamaway. So ya it sounds cool and I hope to be accepted once I finish up.

Okay! I look forward to seeing your character! ^_^

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 am

Quick qestion, what kind of government is it? I know it's a King and Queen, but is there like a council or a court? Or are all the decisions made by the King and Queen with no advisors or anything?

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:09 am

Hurricane wrote:Quick qestion, what kind of government is it? I know it's a King and Queen, but is there like a council or a court? Or are all the decisions made by the King and Queen with no advisors or anything?

It's a monarchy, so the King or Queen has absolute power. Since the King died, the Queen has been filling in. But she's very frail and needs to be relieved of her position as soon as possible, that's why she's sent her children out to find their soul matches. She's not of the Beynon blood line, which is why the land hasn't warped to match her personality.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 am

Ok so there's like no other positions of power? Aside from like being of royal blood. Like the English court or the American congress? I feel like I'm repeating myself now. >.< And for some reason my head hurts.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:20 am

Hurricane wrote:Ok so there's like no other positions of power? Aside from like being of royal blood. Like the English court or the American congress? I feel like I'm repeating myself now. >.< And for some reason my head hurts.

If you want there to be, you can make a position up. Just remember that when it comes down to it, all decisions depend on the will of the monarch. If the monarch really trusts someone, they may appoint an adviser.

Sometimes there are rebellions, so if you want, your character could be the leader of an underground organization that wants to overthrow the Beynon family.

Honestly I didn't think about how things work in the Sie world too much, since most of my characters will be in the human world for the majority of the roleplay. haha

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:23 am

Ok. Well my guy is done. I have no idea if he'll work or not or if you will like him or if I need to change a ton of stuff. If I do let me know.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamawaytheday on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:33 am

I really loved that you made your character so involved in the human world Hurricane! Do you know which country's politics he's invested in? Sorry I didn't have more info about the Sie world's government, feel free to embellish and elaborate on what I do have as much as you want. Which is basically that it's a monarchy, haha. You can make a council or whatever else you want, just let me know.

dreamawaytheday
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:44 am

Great! I wasn't sure if that would be ok or acceptable or not. Whew, relief. Ok so I'm not exactly sure which country I want it to be. I live in the US so I guess the majority of my knowledge about politics and stuff(which is like almost nil. :P ) is about here. So I don't know if I should make it the US or what. The way you have it works. Maybe if my guy is the one who finds his soul-mate first and becomes King he'll make a council or congress or whatever since he has experience with them from the human world and thinks they work good. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Would any Sie like a loyal assistant/friend/servant that's a Sie and their glamour resembles a cat?

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:51 pm

So you mean that the glamour looks like it is an actual cat or it is like a person that looks like a cat? Like a kitty or a hairy feline looking person?

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Like she looks like an actual cat, she looks more human in the Kingdom but she's a grey striped cat in the human world.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hurricane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:28 pm

Hm. I like the idea. I think I would enjoy having a loyal assistant/friend.

Hurricane
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!