Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kingdom of Tarn

Kingdom of Tarn

a part of “Kingdom of Tarn”, a fictional universe by Frog.

The rebellion is only the beginning...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Kingdom of Tarn”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Kingdom of Tarn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Kingdom of Tarn OoC. If you have any ideas for the kingdom or there's something that you don't quite understand, post it! :D There are more cities to come, and more places to roleplay. I'll get into as many NPC's as I can to keep the story fresh! :D
My avatar keeps disappearing. :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Kingdom of Tarn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuiHa on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm

For some reason I think I´m posting this on the wrong section (it could be in terminology) but still...

I have a big doubt moving in my mind, what is it about? Dodecopus.

Ok I got the idea, they are 12 legge... err, tentacled creatures. But what is their size? How do they move? Are they like using 2 tentacles as feet and the rest to fight? Do they crawl? You say they have a strong skin like armor so do they wield weapons or that alone is enough to intimidate others (plus the tentacles)? Like Octopus do they have like GIANTS heads?

After reading Murlocto sheet I wasn´t able to avoid the huge amount of questions about the race, in short are all Dodecopus like him or are there some type of variations?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SuiHa
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

I should've been more specific about the Dodepi, but I'll try and explain your questions here. Afterwards, I'll update the races section to be a little more detailed.

From the very tip of his longest tentacle to the tip of his skull, he would measure to be 20 feet, but he stand only six feet with his tentacles tucked in and used as a base for maneuvering on land. Even though it may not seems like it, dodepi are very maneuverable on land and were underestimated about their ability to fight about on land... - ...His eyes are a deep red and the outer layer of his protective shell is deep purple, but is yellow in his soft underbelly.

Aside from that, the forgot to add that the Dodepus use two of their front tentacles to carry the weapons they need; swords, spears, crossbows, anything of that matter. Their tentacles also serve as whips if they aren't occupied by a weapon. They move with the rest of their tentacles tucked in to protect their soft underbelly. They move by alternating their tentacles in wave patterns (much like caterpillar) to move around quickly. The motion seen is like a constant wave from the front to end.

And yes, they have giant heads. Their body is made up of only a large skull and tentacles.

I hope that clears things up a little more. If you have any more questions, please ask.

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 am

One thing I'm noticing is improper post placements. >.\> It's OK for now, but when Murlocto's story starts, it may get a little confusing. If you're in Tungwist, it's best to post in Tungwist in the "Places" tab.

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuiHa on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:34 pm

OK fully got the idea of the dodepus, I was trying to imagine and yeah I can see a thing holding a lot of maces. Pretty intimidating specially if it uses his full height. I hope the "location" of the post is okay I spent like... a lot of time to study and figure out how the tab system works here.

SuiHa
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:56 pm

I see. This is my first RP on the site so I know how you feel. I failed my first post as well, so that's why it says, "Ignore".

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey, Frog.

Just so you know the only reason I have not submitted a character was because a lot of my characters have been very whacky lately, I've tried twice but just simply deleted it all due to frustration. I think I might have a character though if I am allowed to be a pretty powerful villain who works for Murlotco. Is it ok if a character has a connection to a specific piece of machinery and can work it?

I did have an idea for a monster that used ot be a very well known hero but was changed and now hunts the feral races and his former kinsmen but I found it hard to connect him to Murlotco as a villain, unless he was drawn to areas by murlocto or perhaps he was offered a way to change back through morlocot's machines-which would be a lie, because no one knows how he changed apart from him-. That the one I deleted twice. This one is not the new idea I had which has the connection to the machines.Just asking beacuse these would be more freaks of nature and not races as a whole and there arn't any characters like that yet, so I don't know if it would be acceptable.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm

That sounds good. I really don't mind what you can come up with so long as the the history behind it makes sense.

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 am

Submitted. Proof and Spell checked. Sorry if there any mistakes I did not see. I left the story of history pretty vague in detail so it can un-ravel throughout the Role Play.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 pm

OK, sounds good. I'll make a post in Murlocto's castle sometime tonight. It's exciting now that I can start Murlocto's story. >:D

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LunaTwilight on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:04 am

I'm going to have to withdraw from this RP. Alot has come up and I'm needing to cut back.

LunaTwilight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 am

That's perfectly OK, at least you told me. :)

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortezHorse on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm afraid I shall have to follow Luna and leave as well for we share the same problem :( We're both terribly sorry to cut out! So much has come up though but we both enjoyed our short time here :) So sorry!

CortezHorse
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

I figured one would follow the other. Take care, my friend. :)

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Four Role Players, that more than a solid number for a decent Role Play. However I cannot help but to think wether I should ditch mew. With only a number of Role Players It seems....selfish to make Frog post a whole new plot line just for me..even though I would like to be a villian.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 am

The plot-line was already there in some sense. I have a general idea of where I want to go with the story, so it's quite open. However, I know I haven't posted in quite a bit, but I'm active now, in case that was one of your concerns.

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Fantastic. I will reply soon, I am currently though in a few RPs and it is my turn to post in all of them, so if I'm a little slow. I apologize.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 pm

That's perfectly OK. With the length of ours posts, I'm sure it'll progress nice and slow, also very detailed. o.0

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I have Posted. I spell checked it and proof read the piece, if you desire me to look it over just inform me to do so.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:29 am

Is this dying?

Statement
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!