Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rise of The Titans

Ideas.

a part of “Rise of The Titans”, a fictional universe by Demented.

For centuries The Greek Gods have been silent, allowing both humans and other creatures to live their lives . Now the Titans have come forth, rising from their prison and taking forms of humans. The time to fight..is now.(Modern Day RP)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rise of The Titans”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ideas.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demented on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:32 am

Please feel free to share any ideas that any of you have for the role play in this thread.

Thank you :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Demented
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ideas.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 pm

I honestly think that people shouldn't try and play on both sides because: 1) they'd have to either try to avoid fighting themselves (unless they like fighting themselves), 2) they may restrict their storyline to dealing only with their other character, 3) they may not ever get a feel for both characters.

Another idea would be for everyone to learn their character and stay within that character's mindset and not try to patch up any character flaws from the myths that they have just because OOC, you think it would make them more formidable. So hopefully, there won't be any Gary Stus or Mary Sues.

Now, something that can actually make sense. I feel you should start posting up places the gods or titans can hang at in their free time. Not to make an idea sound corny lol, but West Side Story (Greek version) popped into my head for some reason except there won't be any Romeos or Juliets. Places as in uh...coffee shops, bars, parks (including amusement parks). Not too many places, but only places you feel can make some action. You should also make a city thread for the majority in case nothing ever goes down within a specific place and is just smack-dab in the city.

Have someone keep track of the in-game time, weather, and season: night, day, winter, rainy, etc.

Hopefully, the Apocalypse won't come at the very beginning. I think I might change Hades to a corporate head because it seems more like his style since he's clever and a "boss" so to say. So, I wouldn't mind having a thread for his business. I'll let you know when I think more about what kind of business he would run. Of course, the business may seem clean out the outside, but it'll more than likely be dirty on the inside (dishonest business and perhaps mafia-like).
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demented on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:31 pm

People have to pick a side. God or Titan As far as being both a Titan and a GOD as there characters I won't disallow it.....but it depends on how many people we get.
I will be creating different settings for where the Gods and Titans though not all at once as I still have things to think about for them.

Poseidon probably at the beach and etc.

As far as The Gods attitudes and that I AM allowing them to have a little creativity. Such as Ares isn't going to be a major dick but hes going to still probably be Ares like. Still conceited and etc. Things will have changed involving all the characters but not crazy. Artemis isn't going to turn into a huge romantic and Zeus isn't going to suddenly change his ways and start JUST paying attention to his wife. Those things just kind of ruin the character and background for the RP

I like the suggestions though thank you. :)

Demented
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Demented wrote:As far as The Gods attitudes and that I AM allowing them to have a little creativity. Such as Ares isn't going to be a major dick but hes going to still probably be Ares like. Still conceited and etc. Things will have changed involving all the characters but not crazy. Artemis isn't going to turn into a huge romantic and Zeus isn't going to suddenly change his ways and start JUST paying attention to his wife. Those things just kind of ruin the character and background for the RP.

I love the sound of creativity; it puts a little bit of our own personalities into the character making them "shine" with uniqueness lol.

Thanks for letting us keep that style! XD
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demented on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Mhm no problem :)! I think adding a little bit of us into our characters (without changing them completely) is a good thing.

Demented
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm

I can tell that this is going to be an epic rp!

I just hope my prediction comes true (fingers crossed). :]

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demented on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Haha I can only hope :) and fingers crossed for me too XD I'm just so suprised that so many people are joining

Demented
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 pm

I know and I hope a couple more will fill the rest of the desired playable spots!

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xGirxIsxAmazingx on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm excited. [: This is gonna be an awesome roleplay.
Killjoys, make some noise! :3
You can, and you would, and you should, so you will.

Shut up, and let me see your jazz hands![:

xGirxIsxAmazingx
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 pm

What about everyone's "powers" and "abilities"? They kind of fall along the lines of god-mode, so there needs to be a limit on how much can be used at one time. Otherwise, people wouldn't be getting hurt, and they'd recover from every illness, disease, poison, wound, etc, and the RP would most likely die out rather quickly because people would get frustrated, pissed, etc from the lack of wounds on their opponent.

There needs to be a limit, and how they are able to use each ability. Take, for example, my own character, Typhon. I am going to have him use most of his abilities, like his ability to summon scorching hot winds, and transforming into a dragon, ONLY when he's on a rampage. When he is angry, he is able to use his god-like speed and strength, and summon his children. However, when he is calm, he is able to regenerate from his injuries, illnesses, etc faster than when he is raging or pissed off.

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xGirxIsxAmazingx on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:47 pm

I agree.

That would be God-Modding, as well as Power Playing. And that just sucks.
For instance, Artemis, my character, can shape shift. But, if she does that too much, it kind of kills the effect. Therefore, she's only going to do it, in a somewhat time of need.

xGirxIsxAmazingx
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Same with my Aphrodite character. She will use her powers if necessary, not for her own pleasure and amusement; remember Aphrodite matured and learned, a long time ago, how to master and use her powers correctly. Why in hell would she abuse that privilege anyway? I don't think so. XP

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jossar on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Unfortunately, I have a little bit of a problem with this: Apart from Typhon and Atlas, the rest of the Titans don't have well described abilities. Therefore when I was making Iapetus, I sort of just had to scramble together anything that remotely fit his domain, and I had to watch out to make sure I wasn't stepping too directly on Hades toes (the Vitae Drain thing would have been nice to have for the Lord of Mortal Life). I do plan on placing a limit on the one power that I could really abuse (snuffing people's lives out or bringing them back from Erebus) though.

Jossar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Jossar wrote:Unfortunately, I have a little bit of a problem with this: Apart from Typhon and Atlas, the rest of the Titans don't have well described abilities. Therefore when I was making Iapetus, I sort of just had to scramble together anything that remotely fit his domain, and I had to watch out to make sure I wasn't stepping too directly on Hades toes (the Vitae Drain thing would have been nice to have for the Lord of Mortal Life). I do plan on placing a limit on the one power that I could really abuse (snuffing people's lives out or bringing them back from Erebus) though.

Typhon was an immortal, fire-breathing, storm giant with dragon's for fingers. I'll be sure to update my character's profile right now.

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Alise120 wrote:Same with my Aphrodite character. She will use her powers if necessary, not for her own pleasure and amusement; remember Aphrodite matured and learned, a long time ago, how to master and use her powers correctly. Why in hell would she abuse that privilege anyway? I don't think so. XP

People can, and will, forget about this and people will become frustrated with this person. I am quite positive that everyone has experienced some degree of this, and may agree that that person was either ignored in, or removed from, the RP until they had reiterated their post. I worry, and am entitled to worry, because I am enjoying the structure of this RP, and will most likely enjoy being apart of it. I do not wish to see this RP fall into the graveyard of this site, do you?

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Moon/Mihael wrote:People can, and will, forget about this and people will become frustrated with this person. I am quite positive that everyone has experienced some degree of this, and may agree that that person was either ignored in, or removed from, the RP until they had reiterated their post. I worry, and am entitled to worry, because I am enjoying the structure of this RP, and will most likely enjoy being apart of it. I do not wish to see this RP fall into the graveyard of this site, do you?

Well you keep on worrying but I'm entitled to my own creativity; it's either put up with it or just leave. My character has limits too and will not use her powers like that (how many times I'm going to tell you that?). And I want the Titans to fear my character as much as possible so run and be scared. XP

Oh and further more, the GM (Demented) personally liked my profile; so what she says goes and she doesn't have a PROBLEM with it. The gods have more detailed and more depth backgrounds then the Titans anyway, so you need to back your shit up if you don't want to feel inferior to the gods.

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:50 pm

@Alise120
You'd stoop so low to try and badger other people, wouldn't you? You have become an annoyance, and will love to see what you can do against the deadliest of Titans.
If you were to look at the history of Typhon, it speaks of how only Zeus was able to stand against him, while all other gods RAN from his might and ferocity.

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 am

Moon/Mihael wrote:@Alise120
You'd stoop so low to try and badger other people, wouldn't you? You have become an annoyance, and will love to see what you can do against the deadliest of Titans.
If you were to look at the history of Typhon, it speaks of how only Zeus was able to stand against him, while all other gods RAN from his might and ferocity.

Speaking in terms with the rp, we'll see how far your arrogance takes you on the battle field between the gods and the Titans. Yeah, you say Zeus won the battle single handily, but you know what the gods can do that shit too, probably even better, so you better watch what you say Moon.

And lastly, I'm going to be the "bigger person" then this, I have better things to do then to argue with people who are so absorbed into a rp that really isn't "real". Your really wasting my time, so I'mma leave and go do better things with my life. CYA. <_<

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 am

Woah now, lets not get testy, the both of you. Alise has a point though, it is only an RP, and with it concerning immortal extreamely powerful beings there needs to be a little leeway.

I understand where your coming from, but I believe most, if not everyone here will avoid taking advantage of their characters in an unfair or distasteful way.

As for the both of you however, keep things civil, we're here to have fun, not start arguments over the internet.

Thats what Youtube is for.

IronPhoenix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 am

I know, right! I also try to keep a level head and not start arguments over petty stuff that really isn't real or relevant.

I respect Moon's worry but I have the right to be creative. My character isn't better or less then everybody else's god or Titan. I just put what felt right for my character, that's all. No hard feelings? I hope not. XP

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!