Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dead Don't Sleep

Location?

a part of “The Dead Don't Sleep”, a fictional universe by moontear666.

(Looking for more ACTIVE players) - Survival horror set in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Dead Don't Sleep”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Location?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Greetings all,

As you may or may not have noticed, we now have 4 approved players which means the sun is about to rise on your first terrible day on Earth 2017.

Do any of you have a preference as to where you want this set? City/country/town whatever.

Geographically I will not be trying to emulate a precise city wherever it is but to have a name would be nice.

Have a mini discussion and once we decide on something we can get this train rolling.

Regards as always,

Moon

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

moontear666
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Location?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 pm

Well, in my mind, one of the last safe places in the Zombie-Plagued world would be the Capitol. Seems the most logical places to make a final stand, no? So, I say we start somewhere mid-west.... Say, Utah, or Wyoming. Somewhere far off from the Clean Zone.

Yet on the other hand, Maine strikes me as another safe place - It's the tip of the iceburg that is the U.S., which is slowly melting into chaos. Maybe the military tried to pull a "Turtle" putting themselves in a natural fortress, by putting their backs to the ocean?

If you wanted to get into out of country locations, that's fine too, but those are my two ideas about the matter.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:44 pm

I am from the UK so will give whatever area a quick read up once we make a decision.

I think I will give it until this time tomorrow night (hopefully so most of the current players get a chance to see this thread and have input taking into account time zones).

We will go with whatever gets the most mentions.

Thanks folks,

Moon

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiarLiarLiar on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm not sure if you specified the country but I guess I kind of assumed it was the US. Sorry for the assumption!
Anyway, it seems like Vio-Lance has thought it out, and also, due to the UK being rather small I can see it spreading faster there.
Maine seems like a good place but kind of confining if they get up towards the Canadian border and there is still authority there. The midwest seems a popular setting for many things, though I've never been there. I like the idea of ultimately heading towards DC, in any case. It's nice to have a goal. Maine is closer to that, if that makes any difference in the decision.

LiarLiarLiar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Not going to lie - I have Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide, and have read it many times over. I've got my nagant, my buckmark, and a Kukri, along with many of the survival supplies that I've got on my character, (I didn't include my stores of rice or ramen). I've got maps and directions printed out, as well as a list of dependable contacts. I'm an absolute freak for having a zombie survival kit ready, as in there is less than a percentage chance of real zombies happenening for whatever reason. But I'd rather have a parachute on a plane, and be safe, rather than be sorry when it turned out it really did happen. I live in Tennesse - going to regroup with friends and family, move by vehicle as far out as I can south, towards South America. The high humidity and temperature of the jungles of Brazil will help the zombies decompose faster, and it's more of a strain on them than it is on us. Although is Mexico stops us, we do have a back up plan involving alaska, or far north canada. We want the enviorment to be on our side, rather than against us. If both Plans A and B are null and void, we find a prison that has been abandoned, and start making our life there. Makes sense, no? If you can't break out of a prison, what makes one think it'd be any harder to break in. With multiple levels, and cell blocks, we have altitude, multiple fallback points.

Once again - a freak, by all nature. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna get bit without anything being said or done.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:07 am

Same here, am from the UK as well! :D Anyways, I agree with the location - the US that is, it just leaves us more options than, lets say England. There's more leeway - we don't necessarily have to start up from the same location either. We'd meet along the way? Maybe they're (the people who managed to build a safe place), sending out some sort of radio signal, like for example Will smith's character in I am legend? Just blabblin on, anyways - US seems more fun! hehe

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiarLiarLiar on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 pm

So do we agree that they will start off in different locations and meet in DC? Or do we want to start off closer and meet somewhere else?

LiarLiarLiar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

That sounds good to me.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiarLiarLiar on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

All righty. When are we going to start?

LiarLiarLiar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Apologies for tonight. Forgot that i have company on Wednesdays. I like the idea of starting seperate so we should be good to go tomorrow night. I will start a thread called introduction or something similar and start the call rolling. Looking forward to it guys.

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:43 am

I have found interest in this roleplay. I have been preparing for something like an apocalypse (mostly zombie) since I saw my first apocalypse movie at age 6. I am now 18 so I have 12 years of preparation and I live in Colorado. XD I am in martial arts and I am very proficient with both a sword and composite bow. I think I will have my character loosely based on me in real life. I am not sure if I will have the gender match or not, but I will have a character that is good with a sword and composite bow. Besides if they are attracted to sound like they seem to be in many zombies things (i.e. the anime High School of the Dead) then a gun would not be a good idea since that would make sound as you kill zombies. That means you might attract even more zombies than you killed or (possibly) have bullets to take down. Anyway I am going to start my character in Colorado Springs, Colorado since that is where I live. I'll post up my character within two days since I tend to put a lot of thought into my characters and don't get too much time to make them.
I'm my own boss; I make money from doing whatever I want. I could be on here all day and night and still make money. Want to know how? Want in on this fun? Check out WorldVentures.biz and look through the 1: Life is a trip, 2: A life of adventure, and 3: Your journey awaits and watch the videos to find out how. If your interested and want to sign up let me know so I can give you my Sponsor ID that is needed when you click the 'Sign-up today' button in the top right corner of that page.

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Excellent, will check it out when submitted.

Thank you for your interest in The Dead Don't Sleep

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!