Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rave is King

Rave is King

a part of “Rave is King”, a fictional universe by Grimini75.

This RP centers around the Southern California rave culture and chronicles a phantasmagoria of party-goers navigating and getting themselves into trouble (be it drama, etc) while, with a collection of illegal substances at their tools, living high.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rave is King”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Rave is King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Rave is King"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments." -- Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimini75
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Rave is King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:47 pm

I may possibly join as a member of the Trance-Head faction, if that's alright with you. =)
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

You can. Just create a character indicating the faction and bio, and you're good. =)

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Alright. =)
I'll start working on my character. Should I just fill out the...boxes as they are, or do you have a certain character form/skeleton to fill out?

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSilverProject on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Wouldn't mind getting a Trance-head spot. Any specific skeleton?

TheSilverProject
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Fill out the boxes as they are. I don't really use character form because characters are more multi-layered than simple skeleton/forms.

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 pm

But in terms of describing your character, see if you can go more in-depth with character bios. I recommend reading the trance-head spot, looking up and listening to artists/DJs part of that bracket, and if you need suggestions, you're welcome to ask and PM me. =)

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 pm

I've read it multiple times, and actually looked up some Top 10 Trance songs.

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 pm

I love that someone has finally created a quality rave roleplay. LOVE. <3

However, it bothers and even somewhat offends me that substance use is a requirement of the characters. It's not only spreading the stereotype that ravers use drugs - which I know is in many cases true, but is nonetheless not always the case - but is giving the idea that drug use is inevitable if one is going to enter the rave culture. I'm a completely sober raver - hell, I don't even drink - and have been for three years.

So as much as I'd love to join, I'm afraid I have no interest whatsoever in having any character of mine use drugs. :c

If I'm mistaken and substance use isn't a requirement, my apologies. But I still think I'd refrain from joining just because such an emphasis seems to be on drug use.

I don't mean to bitch or rant, I'd just like to offer my input as a member of the fantastical world of rave~ <3
And I'm pretty sure that I'm only human;;
Then again I could be [W R O N G]

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Animality, your opinion is valid, too. You don't have to include "drug use" as part of a character you create. I'll make sure to revise my rules, but you don't have to include drug use. Don't worry, your opinion is valid.

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 pm

Thadine wrote:I've read it multiple times, and actually looked up some Top 10 Trance songs.

Whenever you're ready, go ahead and create a character. Things are in the works at the moment, so I'm still struggling to develop stuff. I'll need some help along the way as well.

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheBlackRabbit on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 pm

I want more people to join so that it can start xD I'm excited

TheBlackRabbit
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Oh, and in terms of the "Factions" creator sheet, don't worry about the drug of choice if not comfortable. The reasons for the "drug of choice" listings is to give a bit of an idea.

Any suggestions, feel free to contact me.

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:01 am

Sorry it took so long, but I'm finished now. =)

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimini75 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Cool, cool. By tomorrow, I should begin setting up more locations for the RP (all under the California section). A lot will be rave venues and other hotspots at this time.

Grimini75
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!