Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

a part of “A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign”, a fictional universe by FaeFire.

This is the official RP tab for the Dungeons and Dragons Campaign hosted by FaeFire and DM'd by Cheater0611. Enter... if you dare! Mwhahahah

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:57 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"Pain is madatory, Misery is Optional"

Well, we can't salute ya, Can't fly the flag. If that don't suit ya, well that's a drag!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] A Certain Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e Campaign

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:54 am

>:D *insert mood setter here and here*

To tell the truth I never got the chance to play some real D&D, (well as real as roleplaying over the internet goes). I have digital copies of the 3.5 manuals but never got a chance to use them. Now I can!

I just have one serious question...

Who's bringin' the doritos? :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IronPhoenix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:40 am

Okay, since I'll be DMing this, I'll be posting some campaign guidelines and such in a bit, but before I get down to that, I'll run down the basics and ask you a few questions.

So, here's the answers to what I imagine will be the common questions, and a few things I'd like to know from interested parties before getting details finalized.), since as a DM I like to make sure everyone's getting what they want out of the game.

1. First of all, as mentioned in the interest check thread, we are looking to form a regular, weekly D&D group to play in realtime using OpenRPG. We'll be using this thread for OOC discussions about the game and to keep track of things. We haven't finalized a timeslot, but it seems we're looking at Friday evening (American time). We'll coordinate this once we know who is interested/available.

2. Okay, secondly, here's what you can expect from my DMing style.
**This will be a home-brew setting. I tend to play my settings pretty loose from the stereotypical medieval fantasy setting. There'll be some Eberron-ish and Planescape-ish aspects in there.
**There'll be combat, obviously, but this won't be hack'n'slash, so don't put all your eggs in that basket.
** This will probably start at Level 5, give or take a level or two.
** Pretty much all sourcebooks are open to you. I will refuse gamebreaking hax, obviously. The reason is I'm more focused on character concept and tweaking/customizing the mechanics to fit the concept and make it work, rather than forcing you to stick to the what's written down.
** Races will be more limited. Nothing with a level adjustment or racial hd. If you want to play something like that (like a gnoll or drow), we'll rework it so it fits.
** On a related note, I tend to rework a lot of the monsters, so don't assume too many things about whatever you encounter.

Everything else will be worked out after I get an idea of what kind of group of players we have, so I'll need just a little feedback from those interested.
** I'd like to know what kind of character you want to play. I'd like this to be open to whatever you want, and the campaign will be tailored around your character ideas.
** I'd also like to know a few other elements you'd like to see in a campaign.

More will be finalized later when everyone interested can coordinate.

IronPhoenix wrote:Who's bringin' the doritos? :D

We're more of a cheetos crowd here.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:49 am

Whilst I would love to play, I have the same timezone problem I always have :( If you were to start 6pm that would be 12pm for me, or 11pm once BST ends. So if you were to game for a few hours I'd be looking at quitting in the early hours.

In short, if you guys do pick a time I can play that'd be great, but don't put yourself out on my account because it's just not likely to work (I should also add that I'm busy Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening my time. So unless you guys started in the morning, I just couldn't make it.)

Have fun though!

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheater0611 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:50 am

Dude i would love to play, i have almost all the books on my computer, the only ones i don't have are the campain settings. The only problem that would occur would be my internet connection, its kinda iffy.
WARNING: The preceding post contained one of the following:
A: Sarcasm
B: Humor
C: Tasteless Humor
D: Humor that might have gone over your head and you thought I was serious.
E: All of the above
F:None of the above
G: Any combination of A, B, C, and D you can think of.
I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

cheater0611
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 am

I'll be able to do a Friday evening thing if that's what's gonna happen.

Knowing myself, I'll probably roll a Warlock-type character.
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:44 am

Look my favourite DnD'ers!
Yeah okay so I set this up with some dummy text and now all my Friday nights should be free. Shantos wants to DM for us and I'm glad so now that we've run over all the basics, the thread on the Roleplayers Wanted won't be used anymore everything will be taken care of here. Also the text on the RP info is a temporary dummy text that I will be editing once we have the players and characters settled. You guys have been so amazing! I'll be checking into this form through the day so we can determine everyone who is playing!

Lotsa Love,

Fae

PS-Sorry Sparkleshine! I really wish we had better timezones.

PSS-I'm a Bugle kinda person.

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Oooh, my interests have been piqued. I did always enjoy the concept of D&D but I've never been able to be in a real campaign. The only one I was in was on the internet and lasted one night. My dwarven cleric never was able to flex his muscles or beard.

So, I suppose there will be some hand holding for me, if that is okay with you guys, but I'd love to be part of this.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Fine by me. I see no problem in letting you join.And would be delighted to have you!

FaeFire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Shanatos wrote:We're more of a cheetos crowd here.

Then you better bring some mountain dew...

I assume Tolkien's original Elf/Dwarf/Man dynamic will be present, as for other races a few suggestions I would submit would be the inclusion of Tieflings, Dragonborns, and the Drow. Hybrids like half-elves are optional, although by mear mention that'll probably make others want to make hybrids now.

I think we should keep things like "epic mounts" out of it. It'd be rather silly to flying on griffans and dragons the whole time.

IronPhoenix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:11 pm

IronPhoenix wrote:
Then you better bring some mountain dew...

... Dr Pepper.

I assume Tolkien's original Elf/Dwarf/Man dynamic will be present, as for other races a few suggestions I would submit would be the inclusion of Tieflings, Dragonborns, and the Drow. Hybrids like half-elves are optional, although by mear mention that'll probably make others want to make hybrids now.

I'll include any race anyone wants to be. Things might be revised a bit, though, because I don't want to have level adjustments. So, if someone wants to drow or tiefling, it's fine, they'll just need to be rebalanced.

I think we should keep things like "epic mounts" out of it. It'd be rather silly to flying on griffans and dragons the whole time.

We're starting at Level 5, so that shouldn't be an issue, though.
You do bring up a good issue, though. I expect people to not treat their familiars/animal companions/special mounts as disposable meat shields.

And, uh, no Leadership.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheater0611 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm with IronPhoenix on this one. Mountain Dew for the win. Alright I think i can manage every friday night. So how are we going to do the characters?

Edit- Sorry, didn't read your entire first post shantos. I was thinking about making a Monk, possibly either human, elf or maybe a dwarf barbarian.

cheater0611
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Well, I have a character concept, just ibe question about clerics. Are you okay with the clerics that serve a cause/goal over a specific deity?

FaeFire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Oh, yeah, feedback and stuff.

Alright, so, as I mentioned before, I'll be playing a Warlock. Namely, a Glaive/Clawlock, since it's one of my favorite character-types. It's not ultra-powerful, but I had fun the last time I played one.

It really depends on whether or not you allow me to use Essences with Eldritch Claws. 'cause if I can...

Edit: Well, not really, since I'd still be using Claw/Glaivelocks anyways. But the decision depends on which one to use.

And as another question, I'd like to know if Beast Strike is in.

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 pm

cheater0611 wrote:I'm with IronPhoenix on this one. Mountain Dew for the win. Alright I think i can manage every friday night. So how are we going to do the characters?

Edit- Sorry, didn't read your entire first post shantos. I was thinking about making a Monk, possibly either human, elf or maybe a dwarf barbarian.

FaeFire wrote:Well, I have a character concept, just ibe question about clerics. Are you okay with the clerics that serve a cause/goal over a specific deity?

Yes. I'm not going to bother defining deities either, so you can define your cleric's religion as how you choose.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:52 pm

So, sounds like the cleric position is taken.

I always did enjoy a badass pure human fighter. Chaotic Good all the way.

Or maybe something different in a suave bard. I liked acing speech checks in DnD based video games...

I suppose it's up to how the party is tailored and who's playing what. I am the fill-in-the-gaps kinda dude.

EDIT: Which is a great segue to my next comment. I know very little on how to manually work a Character Sheet. I've always used an electronic character builder downloaded from the webs. So... Any tips? Like how do I go about rolling my starting stats?

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Oh, and Zetta, that's fine.

edit: Ah, I noticed that stuff is from Dragon, so if you could send me the text for those.

Same for any kind of 3rd party or Dragon stuff you might have... it's probably fine, I just need you to send me the text on it. I have access to most of the official WOTC books so that's not a problem there.

Talisman wrote:So, sounds like the cleric position is taken.

I always did enjoy a badass pure human fighter. Chaotic Good all the way.

Hey, don't think of it like that. To be honest, the last thing I want is a fighter, a mage, a cleric, and thief walking into the bar.

Or maybe something different in a suave bard. I liked acing speech checks in DnD based video games...

I suppose it's up to how the party is tailored and who's playing what. I am the fill-in-the-gaps kinda dude.

I like to play psionics, but pretty much every DM I've found for a game online.

And of course, when I play, I usually DM, so I miss out on playing character. Alas, my awesome ranger/psion/illithid slayer will have to wait.

EDIT: Which is a great segue to my next comment. I know very little on how to manually work a Character Sheet. I've always used an electronic character builder downloaded from the webs. So... Any tips? Like how do I go about rolling my starting stats?

Hmm... I'll have to check. I'll have to see if there's a software option to help us keep track of character sheets. I'll get back to you, since I need to figure out what format I want your sheets sent to me for approval.

Oh, and forget rolling. I detest randomness in character creation. I probably should have said this to begin with.

ABILITY SCORES: Your stats start at ten. You get 25 points to issue on a 1-to-1 basis. You can lower them down to 8 and get more points that way as well.
HIT POINTS: All max. I know this may seem high, but I you'll probably need every last one of them.

Probably by some time tomorrow or Monday I will finalize all the details for the game and we can get started from there.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheater0611 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:13 am

Oh I know how to finish that joke
Shanatos wrote:

Hey, don't think of it like that. To be honest, the last thing I want is a fighter, a mage, a cleric, and thief walking into the bar.

And the thief slips a potion of bulls strength to the fighters drink and you know where i'm heading with this. Oh and i decided on making the dwarf barb. I will be making him literate. I'm mean come on, illiteracy is totally a major flaw for any character.

cheater0611
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:23 am

cheater0611 wrote:Oh I know how to finish that joke
And the thief slips a potion of bulls strength to the fighters drink and you know where i'm heading with this.

I... sure.

Oh and i decided on making the dwarf barb. I will be making him literate. I'm mean come on, illiteracy is totally a major flaw for any character.

That illiteracy thing is stupid. I'll give that to you for free. Spend those two skill points on basket weaving or something.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheater0611 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:31 am

Basket weaving... sweet two free skill points, but where to put them.

cheater0611
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!