Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Shattered Mirror

Artifactors

a part of “The Shattered Mirror”, a fictional universe by Nowfaleena.

Mirror Mirror on the wall, where the heck did I fall?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Shattered Mirror”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Artifactors

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nowfaleena on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 am

Because they are probably one of the more complicated classes I have decided to make a thread devoted to them. This is where you can post some questions about this class and how they work.

Lets go over the basics shall we?

Q: What makes an artifactor different then other magic users?
A: Good question computer. Artifactors are first off, are not connected to the magic realm.

Q: What does that mean? How can they use magic then?
A: Another good question compie. While they themselves are not magical, they can tap into magic of the item. The magic of the item only exists in the item.

Q: What makes an Artifact an Artifact?
A: Another fine question my good computer. An artifact is an item that has somehow gained its own magical properties. It is a rare item, or made of rare materials. It usually has some importance to the wielder.

Q: How does an item become and Artifact?
A: You have a lot of questions computer. An item comes an artifact through a few ways. Two of the most common ways are
1. A great event has happened, one that has/can change the path of history. Such as a lute belonging to a king that conquered that brought peace.
2. The item has been left over a long time in a place with residual magic. This takes thousands of years. Example. Ted's Rock.

Q: Who is Ted and how did he get his rock?
A: I will tell the story when I explain how Artifactors find their items compie. Calm yourself.

Q: Can Artifactors use magic without their artifact?
A: No. They can not. That is because they cannot connect to the magic realm.

Q: Can Artifactors use more then one elemental type?
A: Yes. The reason is actually because they aren't exactly using magic from the magic realm. But the draw back to this is that their magic isn't as strong as a mages would be. However, this isn't such a bad thing, the more experienced ones can switch mid battle and attack with an opposing element. They can heal minor wounds but not major ones.

Q: What happens if an artifactors artifact breaks?
A: Then my good computer, they can no longer use their magic, and if they ever want to use magic again they better find a new artifact.

Q: How do artifactors find their artifact?
A: You just want to hear the story of Ted and his rock compie. Fine. Artifactors, for a lack of a better explanation, hear an artifact that they can wield. But only they can hear it, not anyone else, and not, necessarily, an other artifactor. Here is the story of how the simple shepherd, Ted, found his artifact.
Bob and Ted was just walking around one day, and suddenly Ted turned to Bob, pointed at the rock and said. "This rock is humming!" Bob looked at him and said "The f kind of nonsense are you talking about Ted?"
"Bro I swear to god this thing is f-ing humming"
"Dude maybe you should try and make shite explode with it!"
So Ted picked up the rock, concentrated hard, and pointed at a sheep.
BOOM
"BRO I JUST TOTALLY MADE THAT SHEEP EXPLODE WITH THIS ROCK"
"TOTALLY RAD DUDE YOU'RE AN ARTIFICOR"
It turns out the rock was sitting directly ontop a pocket of magic deep underneath the earth and had, over time, gathered its energy. How was the rock important to Ted? Well it was often where he would stop by and he had once used the rock, before it had fully turned into an artifact, to protect his sheep from a lion. Yes, Ted did just make one of his sheep explode, but in his defense it was rather cool. Oh, Bob later became a holy warrior and his sword is an artifact. Ted cannot use it though, because he is more attuned to things that remind him of his sheep and not of swords.

Q: That doesn't sound very much like something a fantasy person would say.
A: And that doesn't sound very much like a question, so shut up compie.

Q: Can an artifactor use another artifactors artifacts?
A: Try saying that ten times fast. The answer is...well yes and no.

Q: What does that mean?
A: Well it means that an artifact also needs to have something/be an item of something they feel close too, such as someone close to music may only be able to use music related but it may only be stringed instruments or something. So if two artifactors have a love of stringed instruments it is possible that the can both use that artifact. But it is a very very rare occurrence because of the other determining factors mentioned above.

Q: How does the artifact start off with different elements inside of it?
A: No compie, it does not.

Q: How does the artifact gain different elements?
A: Well compie, it is actually very simple, though it usually takes awhile to do. When the artifact is moved, usually when someone, artifactor or otherwise, is travelling, the artifact picks up residual magic. Different areas hold different elements. EX: Lanlish Desert holds residual fire magic, Karidan holds holy, Slith holds dark, Lorerum holds earth, Karrash holds water, and the plains...well they hold different ones because of how many travelers pass through.

Q: How long does it take for an artifact to gain a different element?
A: Well...that question is a bit trickier. It depends on how much residual magic is in the area the person is in, and how strong the magic is. The more their is, and the stronger it is, the faster the artifact gains the new element.

That is all for now. Any questions feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.
You said you would always be there for me...I guess you lied

"With these hands we will destroy"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nowfaleena
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!