Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Paranormal Investigation Team

Paranormal Investigation Team

a part of “Paranormal Investigation Team”, a fictional universe by Ditzy.

An Investigation Team dedicated to all things paranormal. Having problems with Poltergeists? Flying objects? Strange apparitions? No mystery is too big for P.I.T. Especially since some of the investigators are...a bit special themselves.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Paranormal Investigation Team”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Paranormal Investigation Team

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 am

I personally don't think it'll be too much of a problem if there's gender imbalance in the investigators alone if there'll be males in other positions.
Hm... Could there possibly be people who can tag along with the P.I.T. who aren't necessarily investigators? Some ideas I can think of are...

Scientists - as in, maybe there was one skeptical scientist or professor somewhere that heard of the P.I.T. and decided to tag along to disprove everything and ends up just getting interested and sticking around?

Publicity...? - how famous are the P.I.T.? If they're looking to expand or attract more business, a journalist or so might work out?

Fan - maybe there's someone from outside the team who really, really wants to be a part of the P.I.T. to the point of stalking their travels? XD

Inspector - someone who follows the P.I.T. on their trips to make sure that the business isn't dangerous to the public? Maybe someone from the police or the government?

Of course, these are just suggestions and Ditzy gets final say XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ditzy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 am

Cienpher wrote:I personally don't think it'll be too much of a problem if there's gender imbalance in the investigators alone if there'll be males in other positions.
Hm... Could there possibly be people who can tag along with the P.I.T. who aren't necessarily investigators? Some ideas I can think of are...

Scientists - as in, maybe there was one skeptical scientist or professor somewhere that heard of the P.I.T. and decided to tag along to disprove everything and ends up just getting interested and sticking around?

Publicity...? - how famous are the P.I.T.? If they're looking to expand or attract more business, a journalist or so might work out?

Fan - maybe there's someone from outside the team who really, really wants to be a part of the P.I.T. to the point of stalking their travels? XD

Inspector - someone who follows the P.I.T. on their trips to make sure that the business isn't dangerous to the public? Maybe someone from the police or the government?

Of course, these are just suggestions and Ditzy gets final say XD

I love the fan, journalist and scientist ideas :) I could totally see them not believing in it but then getting really freaked during investigations...I say lets go for it! I mean, it would help to balance out genders.

As for the inspector, I guess it could work but I'm pretty hesitant about it...I think we'll add that role in later if we still don't have enough males :)

Robinwing wrote:We... Do appear to be very much mostly girls.

Alright, if it comes to it, I'd be amenable to turning Cody into a guy. But I'd have to do it after college today.

Seeing as Cienphur has come up with some more roles, I don't think that'll be necessary but I do appreciate you trying to help out :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ditzy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverlight138 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:47 am

Hahaha those are great ideas, i dont mind playing a geeky male fan should the situation arise ^_^ Just say the word, and il be more than happy to fill up a form.

Oh and, i have a suggestion too. Perhaps we could have a character to act as some sort of "scout" or "runner". Like for example a client claims to have supernatural occurrences in an area, so this particular person is sent to varify if the case is worth looking into.

AND, how about a "host"? Like, someone whom is willing to get possessed by a spirit as a way to communicate with the spirit first-hand. Perhaps the person could have a sort of mild power that grants him superior control of his mental mind, so that he doesnt go cuckoos everytime he gets possessed. SO yeahhh, just throwing around a bunch of ideas here ^_^

Silverlight138
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 am

Pfft - the Inspector was just thrown in there because I liked a list of four more than three XD
I can see why you're hesitant about it, and there's no reason we need to have one. I think this roleplay will be fine without it.

I'm actually happy that you like the other ideas ^^
Except now I really too many character ideas... if you're throwing these in, can I resign from Investigator and take on my position as a 'leftover role' again? ^^" (However, I can understand if my repeated changing of mind is inconveniencing you, in which case, I'll just continue as an investigator.)

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ditzy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 am

Silverlight138 wrote:Hahaha those are great ideas, i dont mind playing a geeky male fan should the situation arise ^_^ Just say the word, and il be more than happy to fill up a form.

Oh and, i have a suggestion too. Perhaps we could have a character to act as some sort of "scout" or "runner". Like for example a client claims to have supernatural occurrences in an area, so this particular person is sent to varify if the case is worth looking into.

AND, how about a "host"? Like, someone whom is willing to get possessed by a spirit as a way to communicate with the spirit first-hand. Perhaps the person could have a sort of mild power that grants him superior control of his mental mind, so that he doesnt go cuckoos everytime he gets possessed. SO yeahhh, just throwing around a bunch of ideas here ^_^

I love the host and scout idea :) It would make sense, of course the host would probably only have to be possessed in extreme cases I guess as it would be rather risky.

Cienpher wrote:Pfft - the Inspector was just thrown in there because I liked a list of four more than three XD
I can see why you're hesitant about it, and there's no reason we need to have one. I think this roleplay will be fine without it.

I'm actually happy that you like the other ideas ^^
Except now I really too many character ideas... if you're throwing these in, can I resign from Investigator and take on my position as a 'leftover role' again? ^^" (However, I can understand if my repeated changing of mind is inconveniencing you, in which case, I'll just continue as an investigator.)

No I am totally fine with that :) We had too many investigators any who xD

Ditzy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpaceMonkey on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 am

Um, if it makes a difference, my Investigator (which I'm still working on btw) is a guy. :D

SpaceMonkey
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm actually sitting here looking up funny ghost shirts what is my life

I apologise ahead of time for inflicting them on you

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ditzy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 pm

SpaceMonkey wrote:Um, if it makes a difference, my Investigator (which I'm still working on btw) is a guy. :D

Can't wait to see him :)

Robinwing wrote:I'm actually sitting here looking up funny ghost shirts what is my life

I apologise ahead of time for inflicting them on you

It's quite alright, on the weekend I literally just lie in bed watching ghost hunters international and going on my iPad xD

Btw, is there anyone who is still writing their character form other then spacemonkey? :)

Ditzy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Hm... if you want to start quickly, I can just use a randomizer for a role or something XD
Actually, do you have a preference to which role you want most, Ditzy: scientist/professor, journalist, fan, or host? I'll take that one ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ditzy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Cienpher wrote:Hm... if you want to start quickly, I can just use a randomizer for a role or something XD
Actually, do you have a preference to which role you want most, Ditzy: scientist/professor, journalist, fan, or host? I'll take that one ^^

Hmm...I really like the scientist and fan idea so you can choose one of the two ^.^

Edit: Just made a male character :D I'd like to apologize in advance if my role playing skills whilst writing in Jack's perspective is rusty, as I think this is the first time I've ever role played a guy before...
Last edited by Ditzy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ditzy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Crow, why is this so haaaard... I have an idea for both >...>
I think I'll go with an arrogant Dr. Something or whatever - I'll have him up soon ^^

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ditzy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Cienpher wrote:Crow, why is this so haaaard... I have an idea for both >...>
I think I'll go with an arrogant Dr. Something or whatever - I'll have him up soon ^^

Ok, cant wait to see him :D

Ditzy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:50 am

I don't think I'll be able to double up, sadly. I'm doing this on top of college and some other roleplays so...

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpaceMonkey on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:50 am

All right, I'm done with my character! :D

SpaceMonkey
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverlight138 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:23 am

I took a look at him. Nice character you have there!

Silverlight138
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Fair warning: my skeptical scientist is slowly degenerating as a human being into some flawed husk of a soul...
... nah, I'm completely exaggerating, but he has indeed started creating himself and he's just so disagreeable XD

Cienpher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:04 pm

When I started out making Cody, she was mostly "the scary one" in my head. She was all serious and witchy, kind of cryptic too.

... Yeah, I don't know what happened. Her name, I think. Cody is not a witchy name. XD

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ditzy on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Robinwing wrote:I don't think I'll be able to double up, sadly. I'm doing this on top of college and some other roleplays so...

Thats quite alright :)

SpaceMonkey wrote:All right, I'm done with my character! :D

Approved ;)

Ditzy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverlight138 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Awesome, hopefully we can start soon ^_^

Silverlight138
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akjadestar on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 am

Hey, do you think we could do a relationship thread for this rp? Basically a topic in the OOC where we post our characters opinions on the others (either neutral, friends, romantic interest, or enemy) and then a sentence or two about their specific thoughts on them? It's pretty fun and a good way to develop conflict in the rp :)

akjadestar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!