Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Death & The Apple

The Death & The Apple

a part of “The Death & The Apple”, a fictional universe by Pyramids.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning, and yet, the end. I am a Reaper, and your time has come."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Death & The Apple”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Death & The Apple

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 am

So there I am, with a fairly sizable post nearly finished, when for absolutely no reason whatsoever my browser decides to close and lose all of it.

Not much to this post. Just wanted to vent and sigh and moan about the injustice of it all. Kinda killed any compulsion to try and restart the post, though, so I'll try again tomorrow.
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 am

Painkiller, I feel your pain. Oh, how ironic.
Anyways, that's happened to me before. I started writing everything in a word document, but I don't know if you can do that or not. depends on what you're using, I guess. And now to wake Silas up...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 pm

My condolences Painkiller smh. It's a struggle man.

I always use Google Docs for whatever I do. It saves automatically, and since I ALWAYS forget to save...

Pyramids
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Yep. Not the first time. Though it did happen on the one time I wasn't obsessively Copying the entire post after every new sentence. :I

On another note, is anybody else now incapable of seeing the posts?

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

I always write my posts first on Word and then here... English isn't my first language, so Word helps pointing out what's wrong.
Also, I'm having the same issue... Can't see any posts. That's weird.
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 pm

I can see the posts now, but earlier today one of my characters I submitted for an rp got weird and it's doing some crazy stuff now. Maybe an attempted site editing or changing that went wrong...?

Kuroe
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Sorry for the delayed reaction on the rest of the meeting post. Today's been one of those all day naps....

Pyramids
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:16 pm

By the way, Pyramids, did you have any plans for the folks who've yet to have anything to do with the Reapers? I was gonna ask if you wanted them to have their Psyche's activated independently or something, then I remembered that that only happens once/if they hook up with the Reapers. :v

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am

Oh yeah, about that.

Right now I want everyone to make their way to the Industrial District. Although the proper way for a Psyche to awaken is through training, there is another way. Extreme moments of distress or fits of emotion, similar to how Quest unlocked his during the fight with his brother. It's unrefined, even compared to a rookie Reaper with a newly awakened ability. You can use the coming even to awaken to your Psyche, or if you had other plans you could go that route too.

Pyramids
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:25 am

Alright gentlemen. And women. Battle stations!

Comrade eh?

Pyramids
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 am

Indeed! Kinda got sick of The Painkiller. Nobody got the reference, and without it the name sounds kinda dumb. So I went with something I use a lot elsewhere. Not sure why I didn't use it to begin with.

Anyway, I'll try and think of a reason for Alex to end up in the Industrial District. I thought at first maybe she and Joey end up there and he, I dunno, finally confesses his love to her and her desire to be capable of reciprocating (not towards Joey specifically, and not even love specifically, just the ability to feel such things in general) hits a peak, thusly activating her powers. Something incredibly dumb and cliche like that. I'll figure something out.

Also, diggin' the Warehouse 13 reference. :v

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Ohhhhh...
Hey, ummm... Pyramids? What do you mean by unrefined? Because I hadn't quite realized that the psyches didn't awaken outside of emotion or stress and whatnot and... Well, Silas's was supposed to have awakened during the whole fire that bruned his house down and killed his parents and made him all screwed up in the brain... So are psyches that awaken that way only more, as you say, "unrefined" at the beginning or does it continue to be somewhat different than a psyche gained through training?

By the way, Comrade, nice new name. I'm afraid I never got the reference either, but ah, well.

In other news, interesting developement!
And yes, Silas is now with the main group! I'm thinking they might've just picked him up along the way.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:42 am

Somehow I figured you'd dig that Comrade lol.

What I meant by unrefined though is as far as training. If someone who awakened their power on their own was later to begin training with their Psyche, they would be on a fine path.

Guys, I can't think of a design for the 'boss fight' monster that killed Quest's castmate. One that isn't shitty and cliche at least :(

Pyramids
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:27 am

I'm going to vote for some kind of giant snail. That would be awesome.
Okay, in all seriousness, try something like... hm... Well, hell, why not just not make a design for it? Have it shift through various forms all the time and be rather unstable in its appearance and stuff... If that would work... I think it might. Let's see what happens!

Kuroe
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 am

I went with something basic for the first fight. Big thing with swords for hands :> Kill this thing. I've made the weak point extremely clear here. Know up front that earthly weapons aren't going to do a thing to the heart. Meaning go hard at it with Psyches. It'll take some whittling away though, so yeah.

This isn't a normal thing though. So it will take some trial and error for our characters to realize that they can't hurt the heart with their regular weapons.

Pyramids
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm

So, about my most recent post, I never specified whether you guys actually heard him and got out of the way or not, so feel free to get hit by it, etc. Also, please not that the big Lost blade handed creature is not necessarily defeated. You guys probably got that too, but it was basically just blasted, maybe took some damage and stuff. But other than that, I'm sure it's completely fine. Which isn't good, probably.
If you guys can see no possible way to make it so that someone like Tekil, being the closest to the thing, I believe, didn't get killed or something, since I myself am not quite sure how powerful the blast was, though it was pretty powerful judging from the sound it made, tell me and I'll change it.

I hope the whole post didn't seem a bit rushed, I'm still getting used to writing as Silas.

Edit: I didn't notice that Varyar had posted before I did, and that Tekil is apparently trapped or something. So that was probably fairly horrible timing on my part. I hope nothing gets messed up by my mistake. Or something.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 am

Silas is a walking nuke. Yikes.

Posting's looking smooth guys. Comrade and AngelBell you need any help with getting Alex & Jenn on the scene?

Pyramids
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 am

Hate to be a drag, but if you got any ideas on that, could sure be helpful. Seem to've hit kind of a snag and can't really get up much motivation to write or think of a reason why Alex would be in the industrial district at night (after all, from the description given of it, it doesn't sound like the place you'd wanna willingly go to at night :v).

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:10 am

It's no problem man. The generic reason I had for anyone to come was Quest's show being filmed there. Maybe some of Alex's friends are into 'It Came From Beyond', heard they were filming that night, and wanted to go snoop?

Pyramids
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey Pyramids, I have a conceptual question: If Reapers can sense Lost, spirits and their auras, can they also sense other Reapers, or people with unawakened psyches? You know, a bit like Jedi can feel the force in other people? And if yes, in what way? Can they tell if someone's Bell's Toll is about to happen, if it has happened already... I'm asking because we'll meet with Jenn and Alex soon, and I would like to know if the Reapers that have gone through training will be able to tell right away that they have psyches and could be potential Reapers. It would be something Tekil would be interested in, anyway.

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!