Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Gathering of Birthstones

The Gathering of Birthstones

a part of “The Gathering of Birthstones”, a fictional universe by LavenderMistress.

Birthstones, the beautiful radiant gems that are associated with each month of the year. For centuries, people thought that the gems were just there to admire for their beauty. Boy! People have never been more wrong! (A MALE AND FEMALE ARE NEEDED!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gathering of Birthstones”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Gathering of Birthstones

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 am

I'll have Ib finished tomorrow, for now I have to sleep before I fall asleep at the computer desk.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 am

... Yeah. Looked above= look at the line above this one. And nah. That was just a lame joke for the age manipulation thing. I was tired. It was like at least 10. I had a loooong day.

Yes, Ib wouldn't be participating in them, but to a normal human, wouldn't that seem awkward that a 9 year old is in a house full of stuff like that? And so far, I think she is the most mature.

Honestly, I thought you were going to go Mary on me. xD
The Darkness serves to make a faint Light glow brighter. However, those drenched in Light only serve to create Darkness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LavenderMistress on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 am

Fuuuuuuuu
@Captain Obvious
Oh man, I just woke up, (It's 6AM) and realized that Ib can't be a 9 year-old. Since most of the characters are adults, I doubt any of the males are pedophiles and are willing to fall for a 9 year-old. So yeah, but you can still make Ib, she would just have to be 17-21. More preferably 17 since that is the youngest age for this RP.

LavenderMistress
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 am

That's the reason I asked for clarification earlier. I forgot about the romance aspect of the RP earlier, so I didn't quite consider the implications. Now I feel like something of an idiot for not thinking of that sooner. As for simply making an older version of Ib, I'm not sure exactly how that would work. Perhaps an older version of Mary instead. She'd have the same ability, though she'd have a bit more control over it.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LavenderMistress on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 pm

@Captain Obvious
Mary would be mighty fine.

LavenderMistress
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh God... Get ready the Defibilators everyone... Someone's gonna have a heart attack tonight. xD

I'm going to wait for Mary, mainly because I would be able to give him a heart attack in my next post, then faint. Lol

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Perhaps Garnet should disappear for a moment and come back with a defibrillator and a medical degree. I've finally finished Mary's character sheet. For some reason it took forever to make, though you probably can't tell by looking at it.

Also, I had an idea: what about an "Ask the Characters" thread?

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

What do you mean by "Ask the characters?" Thread?

And yes, he should. If not, then Aquamaine is liable for a lawsuit from hell, curtousy of Garry~

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm

What I mean by an "Ask the Characters" thread, is a thread in the ooc section of the RP used by us to ask the characters questions. Exactly what it says on the tin. Nothing within would affect the actual RP.

An example question: "Devan, if you've been around since the beginning of the universe, did you just float around in space before the earth was created?"

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Oh yes.... THAT would be a fun side thing to do. I want in on it too. But... Aren't we allowed to create our own threads by now?

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm

I believe we've always been allowed to create our own threads, I just wanted to see if everyone liked the idea. Plus I thought it might be rude to make one without the GM's permission.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LavenderMistress on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Captain Obvious, that's actually a good idea. Go ahead and make the thread. c:

LavenderMistress
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

@Asher MstrImmortalis
Do you mean heart attack literally? Because if so, Garnet will most certainly be arriving with a defibrillator. If not, the unnecessary electrical shock might be... unpleasant.

Also we need to come up with a reason that Devan might have lied about his name to Ib and Mary.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Maybe he doesn't want to be known to be a freak? (Considering he can control shadows and are friends with a bunch of people that can manipulate/control/whatever whatever they do. They would seem freakish. Look at all the different media introducing stuff that humans would be able to comprehend. It's practically a standard for anything not able to be understood to be feared then hated by society. Look at anime... As much as I hate to say it. Not many adults understand the genre, and it got blamed unjustly for the murder case of Mr. Anime's family.)

Or maybe he just didn't trust Ib enough at the time, and hid his name. Maybe it's the other way around, and Devan is lying about his real name. *shrug* Either way, Devan/Gary might've wanted to tell Ib, but never gotten the chance to. (Considering all the shit happening in the game.)

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Excellent reasons. On an unrelated note I need to know if he actually had a heart attack before I post, since that's kind of important.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WakkaWakka on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Wait, this LB and Mary stuff.. am I missing something? Do they come from an Anime/Game rendition of The Picture of Dorian Gray?

WakkaWakka
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Not exactly Waka. They're from the game Ib (pronounced eeb, spelled like the abbreviation of international bachelors). The game is about a girl who gets lost in a nightmarish art gallery and has to find her way out, all the while trying to avoid being killed by all the things that are trying to kill her, a group which includes the walls.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WakkaWakka on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm

... Right... Yea...... Eeb? Really? A game named Eeb... Never heard of it, but doesn't sound like my cup o' tea which is probably why I haven't heard of it.

Well, at least I am not completely confused.

WakkaWakka
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm

No. Ib is a horror game in which a young girl visits an art gallery with her family. Through some wierd ways, she ends up inside the realm of a painting. There, she meets two people, Gary (my Devan Lance) and Mary. The three attempt to escape the realm. After a while, Gary learns about Mary's secret, and tries to warn Ib.

Later, when Gary, Ib, and Mary had met up again, Mary's secret is revealed, and is left behind.

-SPOILERS-
However, she shows up later and takes either Ib's or Gary's rose (The roles is their lifeline; Mary does not need one) and the story takes different paths from there. Either Gary dies and Ib might kill Mary and escape and be alone, go back to the real world immediately (and Mary follows her and becomes her 'sister'. No one notices, however.), Garry lives and he and Ib kill Mary and escape, or variations of Ib being alone.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Obvious on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 am

@LavenderMistress
Seethra is still in the dining room, but I think she's the only one.

Captain Obvious
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!