Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to Silent Hill

Welcome to Silent Hill

a part of “Welcome to Silent Hill”, a fictional universe by Thadine.

A bus stops right outside the quaint town of Silent Hill after the engine dies. With the driver no where in sight, the only choice is to go into town and look for some help. Little did they know that they were brought there for a reason. [Not accepting]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to Silent Hill”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Welcome to Silent Hill

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrownTheEmpire on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:53 am

I'm actually a big fan of irony, so personally I think it makes Kade all the better. :D Plus you used one of my favorite actors from Criminal Minds. :"D
I will knock down the Gates of the Netherworld,
I will smash the door posts, and leave the doors flat down,
And will let the dead go up to eat the living!
And the dead will outnumber the living!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CrownTheEmpire
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paokikipao on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:55 am

xD I think so too, I actually loved that to be honest.

When I saw it I was like "I see what you did there"

Edit:

All right, one character down, I'll probably get to the other one soon~
My Roleplays
A Different Life
A Gift Of Innocence
"Wait for me I'll come back for you"- A warewolf boy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

paokikipao
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Haha, alright, good!

Yeah, Criminal Minds is one of my favorite shows. <3

Anyways, one of my friends sent me a PM, and she reserved a character.
Vapor Viper said they would work on theirs today, and there's only one left for paokikipao.
I just need to finish some last things for my character, and then we can start!

By the way, I am loving all the character's monsters so far. So much creativity and symbolism, it's great!
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paokikipao on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:19 pm

I am also loving everybody's monster's (: Very descriptive and honestly most gave me the shivers. xD

I will work on my other character soon. By the way I appreciate the reservation greatly.

I am looking forward the starting post~

paokikipao
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deadalivecat on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm

I should have my character up by either tomorrow or the next day, I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone's characters interact.
"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."- Al Capone

deadalivecat
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Volshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Please can I reserve a male character? I should have one done within the next two days :)

Volshi
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Awesome, another person!
Yeah, I'll reserve a male role for you.

[EDIT]

I'm imagining everyone's monsters now, and...if you all don't mind, I'd like to try and draw some of them! I think they'd look really interesting in a sketch, and I need to work on my freehand drawing.

Thadine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrownTheEmpire on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't mind, Thadine. If you could, I would loved to see the finished drawings. :3

CrownTheEmpire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paokikipao on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Me too, of course I don't mind, in fact I think it's an amazing idea~
I'd love to see the drawing for all the monsters.

paokikipao
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falron on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:47 pm

I don't mind either Thadine, and I agree with CrownTheEmpire, could you let us see the finished product?

Falron
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Alright, awesome!
Yeah, I'll scan them after and post the pictures here.

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Well, these looked a lot better on paper, but my scanner is a piece of SHIET.

I may try again later, but here are three!

Jane

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eex5iq.png

Lexi

http://i40.tinypic.com/xmmwko.png

Kade

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hfksj7.png

Of course, these are my own interpretations, so you may imagine something different than what I've drawn.

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:51 am

Hey I'd like to join too :-D

I'd like to reserve a male, please. I'll submit the character and you can see whether to accept it or not :-)

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paokikipao on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:07 am

You did a great job with the monsters! ^_^ Jane's is just like I imagined really.

I'm glad you made her monster come to life thanks~

paokikipao
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:36 am

Alright!

Now, we'll have eleven people if everyone who's reserved submits their characters. That's a lot, and more than I was expecting! I'm glad that this was such a great success. After this I will not be accepting any more characters, and will mark this roleplay as closed.

Thank you everyone for joining and taking interest! I'll sketch up some more monsters, and write a first post within the next day or two. After that, I will be gone for some time on vacation, but during that time everyone else can do their first posts, and unfinished characters can be submitted.

[EDIT]

Holy crap, I did a BUNCH of updates for the Places section.
Check out the main "Silent Hill, Maine" place to see a crudely drawn map done by me on MS Paint, locations, and descriptions!

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 am

I'm ready to start ^^. I love the places created.

By the way, will the monsters be controlled by the GM? I'd love it if they were. It would make the RP more scary and thrilling :-P

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 am

Ah...
Hm.

That may be a good idea. I never really thought about it before. I could do that, if everyone was okay with it.

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrownTheEmpire on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:20 am

I like the idea. After all, it won't be as thrilling if I know how Felix's monster will react, but if someone else controlled the damned creature it would definitely add to the suspense and thrill that comes with this roleplay. If you can't control the outcome of how the monster will react then your creating something terrifying and having no idea what it will do.

And that is horrifying in itself.

CrownTheEmpire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:42 am

I agree, I agree >:-3 . The GM will have to spend a lot of time on scheming, writing, and posting though. It's hard work. I also suggest T1 whenever the characters run into any monsters.

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:29 am

Well I don't mind hard work. It's summer and I have nothing to do, haha.

T1 sounds interesting, though I've never used the system before. Although I read up on how it works, to have one post just dedicated to Prep/Attack/Counter-attack/Evade seems a bit odd, and the battles may go on for a long time. It might get a bit clogged up with all these tiny posts for individual battles.

Ah, and sadly I wouldn't have the element of surprise for my own character. D:

Hm. We can still do something along the lines of that, except no prepping (I would have to come up with a combat system and designate which moves required prepping, which is a no-no for me) just attack, run, and defend, and you can only do one per post. I may instill a limit on how many posts for each battle as well.

Tell me your ideas, I'll figure something out.

By the way, I will most likely be writing the first post today. I will NOT be online much at all from Monday to Saturday. Where I am going for vacation has no internet whatsoever, unless I go to a Cafe and sit down for awhile.

Thadine
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!