Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “New Stars, Old Souls”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

New Stars, Old Souls

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:35 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "New Stars, Old Souls"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: New Stars, Old Souls

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:04 am

As someone who has been looking for a sci-fi RP for WAY too long, I would be more than thrilled to join! =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Ambassador,

I seem to be unable to reply to your PM (maybe your settings say I can't do it, maybe it's just my iPad screwing around) so I'm posting my reply here:

I'll start off at my own pace, and eventually just "randomly stumble upon" the rest of you.

Also, I found it earlier today while browsing other roleplays. This one seemed to be the only good one that didn't die years ago.
No.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beeps on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:20 pm

Hello EvoPrime! Welcome! I'm Beeps, co-owner person of the RP.

Loving the writing so far! Digging the comedy for sure! Look forward to writing with ya!

Feel free to pester myself or Ambassador anytime if you have any questions or just want to ramble about ideas. We're pretty cool... Then again I'm biased...

( Sorry Bass for volunteering you for random pestering... >.> )

Anyway, welcome! Thanks for joining! Enjoy your stay! :D

Beeps
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Oh right, forgot you need ten posts in before you can do private messages. Sorry about that.
Alright, sounds good. Beeps is the master of Norline and I own the Society of Lunar Exploration (who constructed the outpost), so you can ask us for more info regarding those if you want.

Let me know if you want a summary of where our characters are so far. Looking forward to seeing where you go with your character. I was pleasantly surprised to see a new character - especially such a well-developed and fitting one - submitted.

Good to hear it caught your eye. I had made it since like you I couldn't find any decent active roleplays that were in the sci-fi grenre and weren't ridiculously restrictive in creativity. Beeps and I have been keeping it going since.

And, no problem for being volunteered, Beeps. I'm more than willing to ask questions.

Also, EvoPrime, you can find Beeps and I in the chat of the bottom-bar. Just search for us and you can open up a private chat. Good for getting quicker messages and questions around.

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Ambassador Karik wrote:Oh right, forgot you need ten posts in before you can do private messages. Sorry about that.
Alright, sounds good. Beeps is the master of Norline and I own the Society of Lunar Exploration (who constructed the outpost), so you can ask us for more info regarding those if you want.

Let me know if you want a summary of where our characters are so far. Looking forward to seeing where you go with your character. I was pleasantly surprised to see a new character - especially such a well-developed and fitting one - submitted.

Good to hear it caught your eye. I had made it since like you I couldn't find any decent active roleplays that were in the sci-fi grenre and weren't ridiculously restrictive in creativity. Beeps and I have been keeping it going since.

And, no problem for being volunteered, Beeps. I'm more than willing to ask questions.

Also, EvoPrime, you can find Beeps and I in the chat of the bottom-bar. Just search for us and you can open up a private chat. Good for getting quicker messages and questions around.

Yep, a brief summary would be appreciated, thanks.

@Beeps: Thank you, I'm already enjoying the stay. :)

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Alright, so this is what went down.

There was/is a research outpost stationed on Norline that was built by the Society of Lunar Exploration. It was a very new station; the first outpost the Society had built on the planet. It had not been there for very long, possibly only a few months. For a reason that has not yet been revealed, it was attacked and decimated with no known survivors. Beeps' character Kaliska - a native of Norline known as a Misu - was sent there to investigate the outpost, and got caught in the security lockdown. The outpost then sent out distress signals, which was picked up by a couple illegal scouting organizations who then tipped off scavenger teams they were affiliated with. My character, Ambassador, was involved with one of the scavenger teams and ended up being carried along for the ride. The scavenger team came down for a quick trip to gather as much research data as they could before the Society's rescue ship reached the outpost. During the exploration, my character(s) ran across Kaliska, and she was freed. However, there was a moment where my character Ambassador was able to get away from the team. He fled, and was pursued and attacked by one of the team characters (who at this time was with Kaliska). Mine managed to get away but was injured. Kaliska was also able to get away, and met up with Ambassador. They traveled for about a day and a half through the jungle until they reached the Misu village-town where they're at now: Ryilla. My character was close to death on several occasions during the jungle trek, which is why he's working on recovery now. Kaliska was able to get him into the palace/castle of the village, where they have been granted boarding until the next day where they can sail to the much bigger city - and Kaliska's home - of Isottina.

At this point in time there is also another organization that is little-known about wreaking havoc a fair few miles outside of Ryilla. It has been sending out drones from a ring-shaped ship in the atmosphere to start blazes in the jungle. This has drawn a lot of manpower away from Ryilla and caused a few tensions.

Also at this point, the Society's rescue ship should be reaching the planet within a few in-roleplay hours.

The scavenger ship's location is currently unknown.

I noticed you wrote that your character was on a ship coming in response to the distress signal of the/an outpost. Are you intending that to be the Society's outpost - the only one we've mentioned in-rp so far -, or one that was built by the company associated with Oroborous?

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 am

It's a separate outpost, which was doing research far away from civilization due to the nature of its experiments.

I also suggest we share timezones for easier coordination of posting. I'm in the GMT +01 timezone.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beeps on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:18 am

Eastern standard time here. So that would be.... GMT -5 ? I think... Maybe... >.>

Anywho, as Bass already knows, I usually vanish on the weekends and post mostly throughout the day time... Well 'my' day time.

Beeps
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 am

Beeps wrote:Eastern standard time here. So that would be.... GMT -5 ? I think... Maybe... >.>

Anywho, as Bass already knows, I usually vanish on the weekends and post mostly throughout the day time... Well 'my' day time.

-6, I believe. God, everything was so much simpler to coordinate when I lived in the US. Germany's a great country though.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm Pacific Standard, which must be -9.
Germany, eh? What brought you there?

I post throughout the days and weekends, save for a few hours when working. But I'm a little more flexible in posting schedule than Beeps.

Noted. I had placed Cole in the Society's outpost, however I can have him have moved if that's where your droid (didn't catch the name so didn't tag it in the last post) is.

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Ambassador Karik wrote:I'm Pacific Standard, which must be -9.
Germany, eh? What brought you there?

I post throughout the days and weekends, save for a few hours when working. But I'm a little more flexible in posting schedule than Beeps.

Noted. I had placed Cole in the Society's outpost, however I can have him have moved if that's where your droid (didn't catch the name so didn't tag it in the last post) is.

Work, mainly.

Also, if you type in SR into the tag box it'll come up.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beeps on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Boo!

I'm slightly upset that you guys will posting it up while I'm away for the weekend. Things seem to be getting interesting! :D

Also, I'm afraid if I post as Kali now, it strikes a risk of both Bass and Nate being frozen till my return.

Take this risk or no? Opinions?

Beeps
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Beeps wrote:Boo!

I'm slightly upset that you guys will posting it up while I'm away for the weekend. Things seem to be getting interesting! :D

Also, I'm afraid if I post as Kali now, it strikes a risk of both Bass and Nate being frozen till my return.

Take this risk or no? Opinions?

Actually, I'm going to be travelling tommorow at about 12:00 pm my time (6:00 am EST/3:00 am PST) and I most probably won't have internet until sunday evening.

Perfect opportunity to mention it :/

Though yeah, make a post as Kali please, Nathan is sitting there, going all insane from lack of interaction.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beeps on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Perfect! I shall see what I can do!

Have a fun and safe weekend!

You too Bass! No more rock hopping! ;p

Beeps
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beeps on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Done! And page 6! Woot woot! :D

Beeps
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:04 am

Okay, I've made my final crappy IC excuse for being absent for a day.

See you guys in a while.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:52 am

It's weird to receive posts on a weekend day....

Forgot to mention (sort of, didn't actually get confirmed until yesterday) that I will be off for most of this day. Going to a theme park of the watery variety, hopefully to not get electrocuted by the thunderstorms which have finally decided to roll in and cause hell for our 990 firefighters and national guard soldiers.
Either way, I threw you a post for Nathan. There's also one for Threesix that might be back on Page 5 that I don't think has been replied to yet. My apologies for the late notification. I do not know when I will return, but since you're 9 hours ahead of me, and it's what - 5 pm there now - it'll probably be stupid-early in the morning in your time. If I'm still on around 10-11-12 at night (my time), it would be 7-8-9 in the morning (your time) respectively, if we want to coordinate that a bit.

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:07 am

Well, this is steamrolling ahead nicely, so many mildly-conflicting plotlines though :P

Anyways, I will be gone for about 2 weeks with little guarantee of internet access. Getting internet is possible, but I'll probably be typing short, meaningless posts if anyhing.

Bye!

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi, guys. Bad news.

Due to previously unforeseen circumstances, the amount of time I can dedicate to RPG and thus the quality of my posts has seriously decreased. Because of that, and an unpredictable schedule, I think it's best if I leave this roleplay for the sake of letting you two preserve a truly good roleplay without my inexperienced fingers mucking up the place with short, pointless posts.

If you want me to write endings for all my characters or not, do tell me. I can either set it up so they all die horribly, or I can hand over the reins to you guys; you'll probably find a better use for them. Either way, I will officially abandon my characters in approx. 24 hours.

Sorry to the both of you, but also thank you: this was my intro to the site and I couldn't have had a better one.

Good luck for the future, and hopefully our paths may cross again.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!