Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Persona: Halcyon Days

Persona: Halcyon Days

a part of “Persona: Halcyon Days”, a fictional universe by Cato The Great.

"Doors can lead to freedom, or enslavement. They can present infinite possibilities, or they can be shut and locked forever. But you know what they say, when one door closes..."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Persona: Halcyon Days”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Persona: Halcyon Days

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Minus a few possible tweaks to layout or possibly history (cause I still have to talk about it with Sicky), Hikari is done! Let me know if there's stuff that doesn't fly or should be changed or what-have-you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:10 am

I don't think I've posted here, so I figured I'd pop in.

My character's getting close to done, I just need to finish and revise a few things tomorrow when I wake up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alligot
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:39 am

Barring some of the images I'm about to inject into Takehiro's sheet, he's technically done and ready to go. Like Rook said, let me know if there's something I need to change and what not.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cato The Great on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:55 am

Nothing that I can think of right now, he's great, as is everyone else's! Pretty much exactly the character I imagined for Judgement!

please forgive my sins

Cato The Great
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koromaru on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 am

I'm almost done with my character. He is taking longer than expected since I've had family over all weekend and haven't had much time to work. He will be up tomorrow for sure
"I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come..."

Koromaru
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby triblade on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 am

I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself yet I'm triblade and the magician I'm excited for this roleplay and interested in how our characters interact with each other.

O and just cause

triblade
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

I'm very not happy with my sheet, but for all intents and purposes, Arisu is done and ready.

Alligot
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keen on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Alrighty, Kana is basically finished. Still need to do a little work on the Persona bit (Namely finding an image) and may make a few minor edits here and there. Anyways, hope you like her and quite looking forward to starting this up :3

Keen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koromaru on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 pm

The day this website doesn't take half a year to load is the day my character is submitted. He is ready and everything, it is just giving me a bunch of errors...

Koromaru
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koromaru on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

And submitted! That took way longer than it should have.

Koromaru
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:21 pm

And that should be everyone, Cato!

I'm getting really excited to start this

Alligot
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cato The Great on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Right, as Alli said, that's everyone! Everyone's characters are awesome, and I can't wait to start! I'll try to have the first post up either tonight, or tomorrow afternoon.

Cato The Great
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Questions from myself and Sicky:

1. Could you explain a little more about what the deal is with Hikari and Takehiro? Like, if they can innately see Limbo doors, have they always been able to do so? Or was that just a way of saying they don't have to confront their shadows before summoning personas?

2. Would they know this about themselves? Like, have shadows ever been attracted to them before, would they already have their personas or be gaining them in the IC?

3. This is just from me: does anyone else want one of the little card-flush things in Hiki, Hiro, and Kana's character sheets, with the character's name and Arcana? In a previous Persona rp I was in, they served pretty well as post banners, and I think it would be kind of cool if everyone had one. If you're interested, all I need is your character's color code. :)

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I don't really know about 1 or 2, (well, I have an idea but can't really say without spoiling a few things in the actual games) but I'd be super interested into getting one of the banners made.

How do you make them anyway? They seem like, website generated or something, and I searched for a few hours to try and find it but no luck. :(

Alligot
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyroteknik on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 pm

No website, just me and some photoshop. It's why I need color codes to make them--I have to adjust the text. :)

Also, I mean, I've played the games. If the answer has to be inboxed to be properly explained, I am cool with that.

Pyroteknik
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Wow, that's really neat. I don't even know how to use Photoshop.

I'd love one for Arisu, if it's not too much trouble! : #cc3f3f

But as I said earlier, I don't have an answer, but from what I've read, I THINK that your characters would have been able to start seeing the doors around the time people first got sucked into Limbo, and I don't believe they would have been harassed by shadows, since most people who have the potential or whatever they call it typically end up sleeping through the dark hour, or not really knowing what it is if they experience it. Though limbo seems to be a different scenario, so I don't really know.

Again, I have no idea, this is just a bit of speculation on my part.

Alligot
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cato The Great on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Okay, so to answer your first two questions, my plan was that before the start of the roleplay, they saw and entered a Limbo door, and, using the Personas they just mysteriously had, they defeated the person's Shadow, and rescued them. This was noticed by Naoya, who monitors the Limbo doors, and who notified the rest of the JSO and the Kirijo Group, and told them to keep an eye on them. He also erased the memory of the person the two rescued. I'm willing to change it in any way if you guys want, so if you have any ideas, I'm completely open. Why they have this ability though, will be somewhat a plot point, and I have that planned out already.

To answer your second question, yes! That would be awesome, my color code is 008B8B.

Cato The Great
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koromaru on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Figured I should post my color code here as well: #990000
I'd also appreciate it if you were willing to give me some of that love White Rook :p

And a question on my end. How exactly are we gonna handle battle posts? Are we gonna use a service like RPGwrite for group interactions or experience more singular battles?

Koromaru
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Homesick Angel on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 pm

Oh, okay. That works. Rook and I can work something out to that effect. As for the plot point, is that something Rook and I are going to need to know before hand? Just curious, we like to plan stuff, yo.

Homesick Angel
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cato The Great on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:33 pm

@Koro: I've seen RPGWrite before, but I'm not exactly sure how it works, I've never used it. I'll look into it, and if it seems viable, then I'll see what we can do.

@Homesick: No, it's not really something you'll need to know, for right now at least. It won't really effect either of the characters back stories or anything.

Just a note to everyone, I'm about to put up a preliminary post/chapter marker kind of thing. This is NOT the signal to begin, I'll have the actual first IC post up tomorrow.

Cato The Great
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!