Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Guards of Raygin

Guards

a part of “Guards of Raygin”, a fictional universe by PJammaz.

The city of Raygin has been living peacefully for generations, but when some political turmoil causes a regime change, crime in the city skyrockets. The Tribunal calls for some citizens to volunteer to be part of the new city guard.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Guards of Raygin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Guards

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Mon May 17, 2010 2:52 am

Hey everyone, we have a pretty good number of players now. Hopefully we will get a few more in the next few days, but I think we can start tomorrow. I am going to start off the RP with the first post tomorrow, so be ready for that! I am also going to post here how the RP will pretty much start off.
My character, Samuel Dimas, will have been chosen by the Tribunal to become the Captain of the new Guard, and I will be at the Tribunal to pledge in the new recruits. However, all of your characters will have just noticed the fliers that were posted all around the city, looking for strong, loyal people looking for good pay. You will head to the Tribunal and become the first members of the Guard! This will be a good way for us to first get into our characters and for our characters to get to know each other.
Also, feel free to create a new character where you feel one is needed. A guard of only four people is not very effective and only three main antagonists isn't very intimidating. I created a character for Glagonar, as he will be a recurring role in the crime in Raygin.
Until later, PJammaz

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Guards

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Wed May 19, 2010 4:41 am

Just a thought (to solve the smallness of the guard): what if you werent captain of the guard but only a leader of a team (being our characters) and there was an NPC captain of the guard along with many unnamed NPC guards. That way there is no pressure to fill up the ranks. Just an idea for you.

And I wont be making a secondary character for reasons that should be obvious to you PJ. I have my history worked out and I will PM you about it on Thursday at some point.

Looking forward to this!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

zhill
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 am

That is a very interesting solution. However, I actually think that it might be better to have a small amount of guards, at least at the beginning. I will make a few NPC guards here and there and as the RP continues, it may grow in size.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyka on Thu May 20, 2010 11:34 am

I'm interested in hopping in Monday or Tuesday if that's not too late. I'm about to be out of town for the weekend, prolly with no internet at all. (Woe!) I'll submit a character now and you can just reject it if I'll be too slow to join for you.

Lyka
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Thu May 20, 2010 1:17 pm

It should be fine for you to enter at any point that you would like. This story leaves spots open for people to come in at any time.
Also, martland redbeard, I'm going to ask you to check your posts a little better, because you have written one or two sentences that ended up reading like this, "At last, the at a a heavy, iron door with a huge knocker embedded on its breast."
We can interpret what you mean usually, but it would be nice if you can try to prevent the amount of typos that you have.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I had a thought about the characters in this RP that might help with the whole "grouping up" thing. I know that the main cast is going to be in the city guard together and will know eachother over time that way. But I thought it might help if each person listed the other characters in the RP and how likely they are to know them prior to the start of things. My thought was that this would make it easier for some of us to establish connections with eachother without necessarily having to reveal information publicly that they didnt want to share yet (as is the case with me for one). Also, this isnt to suggest that any character is forced to have an established history with another, but just makes it easier in case all the parties involved want to do that.

Anyway I will go first, and then I guess if everyone likes the idea follow the format and present things from your character's perspective. Im just going to put how much Kerix would know each of the characters from my perspective on a 10 point scale (10 being virtual family and 1 being a complete stranger). This only presents knowledge from Kerix perspective and does not reflect how much others might know him

Samuel Dimas: 9
Zag Gitfingaz: 2
Diana Bell: 2
Lord Raegus: 7*
Eve Dalejon: 4*
Paige Rutherford: 2
Shindo: 2
Lia Silverseeker: 2

For the sake of simplicity, anyone I have no reason to know yet (but could know if we decide to go that route) is automatically a 2 in my opinion. Those characters who are marked with an asterisk (*) are people that I probably need to have some private discussions with concerning the nature of our relationship.

Again this is not intended to force any characters to know eachother, but just to clarify who Kerix is likely to know based on existing character histories and what circles I am perceiving each character to travel in at this time.

Hope this adds to the story and RP experience and I guess if it doesnt, just ignore it (unless your character is marked by an * and then we really should talk at some point)

PS - any time I am on this site I will have a second window open so that I can hang out in OOC chat in case anyone needs me.

zhill
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Fri May 21, 2010 12:03 am

This is a really great idea, zhill. If you don't mind, I am going to make a new to topic in order to keep this more organized. If you could please repost your numbers when you see this in the new topic that would be great. I highly encourage everyone else to do this as well, as it will make the RP less confused.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Fri May 21, 2010 11:59 am

Oh, I forgot to mention. I sent a message to the guy playing Eve Delajon and he told me that he is too busy to be in this RP, so we will probably not be hearing from him at all. I suppose it works, since he didn't post anything, but it is a little disappointing that he had to drop out before he even started.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 pm

I just got to say that Zag is my favorite character so far. I cant wait to see what he gets himself into (plus his part is being very well written). It is sad to hear that Eve will not be a character in this.

PJ I just wanted to make sure you know that I will probably post one time where I am off by myself, but otherwise not post until it is the end of that day where I am meeting up with you somewhere.

zhill
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanzi on Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah, Eve could've been a good contribution to the story.

I really like the idea of this rp ^^ This is one of my first roleplays, so if someone has got some tips for me, I'd be glad to hear from you.
I'm quite exited to participate in shis story ;D

But I had this question, as mentioned before in this topic, could there be some NPC's whom are friends/relatives? As example in Shindo's case: he has got some elven friends that are travelling near Raygin, could he call on them for help?
Eat an apple, be healthy

Kanzi
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Fri May 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Yeah, if you need to add some NPCs or whatever for character or story sakes, go ahead.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Tue May 25, 2010 9:27 am

Why thankyou! ^^
Honestly so far he's probably been one of the best characters I've ever written. (not bad when you consider I've only been RPing for a month :P)
I would reply with my favourite, but at the moment, I don't have one! I'm just liking the way the overall story is playing out, it's all been quite well written, and so far it's been rather entertaining. :D
Now then, what to make Zag do next..... XD
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Edited my "Degrees" post to reflect the two new additions and the loss of Eve.

Also, just FYI, I will be out of town for a week starting in two days. I am already planning for Kerix to be "busy" during the in-game time that should transpire over those couple days, but feel free to push on without me. I will try to check up at least once while I am gone but cant guarantee it.

Thanks

zhill
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Fri May 28, 2010 8:23 am

I have been holding some cards close to my chest.

Im updating my character on the RP to more accurately reflect who he is (though some things will still be left unsaid).

zhill
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyka on Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

From my post just now:

Vemu ai-menu, Uzbud= Greetings to you, my Lord

All Dwarvish is shamelessly stolen from the language Tolkien created for them, Khuzdul. It's fairly easy to find webpages with dictionaries.

Lyka
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Sun May 30, 2010 1:42 am

Hey everyone. I drew up a little map to help everyone know where this is kind of taking place. I will make a map that shows the city a little later. This is also very under-detailed, as I was just trying to get the point across. Also, if I messed something up that has already been stated in the RP, let me know.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Sun May 30, 2010 1:55 am

Here is the city map I drew up really quick. The lines indicate where there are gates that lead in and out of the city. The lines that separate the districts are imaginary lines, as there is nothing physically separating any of them. Also, that weird box thing is the castle. :P

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanzi on Sun May 30, 2010 4:55 am

Good, now we now where "we" are in the story :P Is it a good idea to say where you're house is in the city, then someone (I think I could do it :P) could add them to the map. And I could add some keystructures as well, if that is needed. Oh, and I've noticed that the Cap has got a lot to do, so what if in my next post I let the soldier that Shindo ordered to get Samuel return with a lieutenant or something, because the Cap was too busy? Then PJammaz won't be overwhelmed with people that have to talk with his character :P

Kanzi
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zhill on Sun May 30, 2010 6:57 am

Kanzi I cant speak for PJ....

But from the reading, it seemed to me that PJ was trying to bring everybody in when Samuel said "bring in the next group" in order to expedite the whole "lets have the party meet and stuff" thing.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure you wouldnt be misplaying it if you wrote yourself being usherd in with that group.

zhill
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PJammaz on Sun May 30, 2010 11:18 am

You're right zhill, but it is a little late now. I just ran with it in order to avoid confusion. However, once we can take care of some of the stuff that happens outside, then we can make it to the next day.
And, unfortunately, Kanzi, there are no "lieutentants" at this point. The Captain is really the only member of the Guard at this point, all of the "guards" are actually personal bodyguards that have been hired by the Tribunal. However, feel free to write some action outside of the castle, since it will take a few posts to get through this stuff. Jen has the right idea with her post.

PJammaz
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!