Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

a part of “Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth”, a fictional universe by Lady Velvet.

In the year 2289, the advent of new technology has led to the discovery of planets that could potentially sustain human life. The governments send up 300 young scientists and travelers to not only study, but colonize.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:36 pm

"Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth" has finally been created! Welcome, all!

Alright, by no means do I think there are going to ever be 300 people in this roleplay. Though that would be cool. Making all 10 of the Pioneer ships was just for...authenticity, I guess. Right now, I just picked a ship for my character to be on.

So for anyone that joins, please be on the Pioneer IV.
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Pioneers - The Search for a New Earth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:15 pm

My roleplay sense is all a'tingle... I'll submit a character...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Character submitted. I look forward to this, it sounds like an interesting idea.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Edelle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Sweet! I'm glad to see some interest in it.

Oh, and I just want to make this known somewhere. I already noticed a trend in the average age of characters, so I changed the minimum and maximum ages to fit.

Now, characters need to be between the ages of ten and eighteen.
Last edited by Lady Velvet on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 321Rave123 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 pm

I can't wait for this to start! Looks like fun!
Oh look! A ladder! Maybe it leads to heaven! ... Or sushi...
Fear me, Im a technology know-it-all.
Hot Topic, you must be God...

Sent from my iPod.

321Rave123
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 am

The roleplay has officially started!

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm

I posted, but... I dunno if it ended up in the correct place... dear God this tab thing is complicated.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 pm

It is, but you got it in the right spot.

Okay, I realized that I need to add a couple more details to the roleplay. I added that initially, the governments picked 10,000 kids to go through basic training for the Pioneer Program. Of those 10,000, they chose 300 to go on the ships and assigned them roles. Does that sound good?

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Sounds great to me. America is an elitist after all. Haha.

Can't wait until some more posts show up. I wouldn't mind doing some of it in chat either.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RebelRepublicInc on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:55 pm

I submitted a character, but I have no idea how tab thing-ies work. If i put it in the wrong place, sorry ,and ill fix it. Im so excited!
Kiss it....
Yeah, I meant my hand
Uh-huh....okayay

RebelRepublicInc
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Me, too! And it looks like this roleplay is about to really get rolling! For the record, I think I'm going to create a couple characters to put on the Pioneer I.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 am

I love the direction the RP is going so far. I'm always checking every chance I get to see if someone posted. Ha! Poor America though, sometimes she does wish that she were more personable with people. I'm counting on you guys to open her up!

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 am

Oh, this roleplay is going to get so much more fun with time! By the way, I'm hoping to make the first "year" in this roleplay go by really quickly. I'm so eager to get rid of the adults on the ship. =P

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:49 am

Go for it. I can adapt to anything.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:52 am

Haha, cool. I'll obviously wait for more people to get their exposition posts in, and we might go to one planet or something. But then I'd like to fast-forward a year.

By the way, did you change your username or just get a new one?

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:57 am

I asked for it to be changed. And you know... I see you in the OOC all the time in chat, but you never say anything. It makes me curious.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:59 am

In the chat? Oh, I never use it. I have no clue how. Haha.

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 am

I remember you posting for help on that.

Well, let's see if I can clear it up for you...

Most people play in the Multiverse, that's where you will find everyone that is "in character". We tend to stick there because well... there's people there. So if you want to RP in chat, your best bet is to create or submit an existing character to the MV (multiverse).

The at the bottom right hand side, you choose the character you wish to play. It will whisk you away to a random room at the beginning, but if you click on the gray box at the top right hand side that generally will say "Places in the 'Multiverse', you can choose a room that has players in it already. That is denoted by a numeral next to the room name. It will give you a brief description of the room to run off of for reference.

And action command or "emote" is /me to depict your character performing an action. You can just type and enter for speech, or use " " (quotations). I generally will make an action and use quotations. And it's the same for all chats that are created in the RP tab.

Hoped that helped out a bit.

Oh! And one more thing, there is only one universal OOC room, so no worries about complications when it comes to chatting in OOC, because it's always the same room.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:21 am

That does help a lot! And I had been thinking about submitting a character to the Multiverse; I think everyone must have a character there!

Yeah, I've posted, like, three "Help" topics and messaged Mentors a gazillion times. I have this nasty habit of jumping into things without reading anything first. I usually just learn as I go. >.<

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

Haha well awesome. I'll be waiting to see you around in the MV!

Prose
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!