Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Annunaki War

The Annunaki War

a part of “The Annunaki War”, a fictional universe by Loxley.

In the infancy of civilization, humans are enslaved by their oppressive alien gods, the Annunaki. One day, whipsers of dissent and rebellion begin to spread. The Nine, the legendary heroes of the Empire of Anu, are sent out to crush the rebels.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Annunaki War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Annunaki War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Annunaki War"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Annunaki War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:30 am

I just have one question, for the characters?
Don't tell me you're going to use anime pictures for them?
If not, I'm veery interested.
.Chinchilla & Cinderstella.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

Well, I can't really stop anyone who wants to join from using anime pictures for their characters, haha. And I have to admit, I was thinking about using an anime picture for my character as well, though a very non-anime-like one. Mainly so because it's extremely difficult to find any fitting pictures of live humans, that look like they could fit the timeline of the roleplay.

But any character pictures, including anime pictures, will have to fit in with the setting, of course (that is, they will have to look like they could have come from ancient Sumer or thereabout).

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chinchilla on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 am

Ahh shoot. I can't find myself RPing with cartoons. :(
This was a fabulous idea, though.
Kudos for that! :)

Chinchilla
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the interest, though. :D

And let me know if you change your mind. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:13 pm

I submitted a character. This seems like a cool RP. By the way, it's cool to have powers right? I went a little light on my powers since you didn't list any for your character.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Hey, dude. Love your character. Very nice. Welcome aboard! ;)

Edit: Oh, before I forget. Just one thing I'd like you to change about him. The part about feeding off the sun - it doesn't really affect the story, so I won't reject it entirely, but I would like it if you could put a spiritual or shamanistic/religious spin on that part (sort of like the Hinduist lamahs that can go for weeks or months without eating, or so they say). Just say that it's a technique taught to him by the shamans of his people or somesuch. And limit it to, well, let's just say he can do it for a set period of time of your choosing, but that he can't live entirely without food. Just to keep the magic somewhat based in reality. ;)
Last edited by Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Just wanted to point out to anyone who is thinking about joining; I added "Demigod" as a species of their own. Gilgamesh is one of those. It basically means half-god; half-Annunaki, half-human.

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:45 pm

I submitted a character. I have proof read it, spell checked it and tried to keep the character balanced to an extent.

I liked the sense of freedom you added while putting down reasonable barriers and I hope my character dosen't step over any of those barriers, if he far too powerful or you want me to edit my character just notify me and I'll try my best to comply.

Sorry if he's OP'ed, I haven't Role Played in Un-told months and the first thing that gets rusty is my sense of balance.

Edit; SOrry, I did not point out that he handles only small-isolated races such as small groups, not entire towns or full blown bases.Even those he only handles when close to the Annunaki terrotories.

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey, man! I'm glad to hear you chose my roleplay as the first one to join in said un-told months. :D

I took a quick glance at your character. I'm about to hit the sack since I gotta get up early tomorrow, but I thought I'd give you some things to work with before I do. First of all, the character has a helluvalot of potential, and I would love to have him among the heroes.

But, there is a little bit too much text in the character sheet, making it really heavy to read through. If you could summarize all of it in shorter paragraphs, it'd be easier to read. If you can do that, I should be able to have him accepted by tomorrow.

Also, since he's an automata, it does leave us with the need to justify his presence there. You see, automatas are usually kept strictly controlled by the Annunaki (since it would mean Hell and civil war both if the slave-humans got their hands on them).

But we can easily justify it in this case, since the Nine work for the Empire of Anu. If you can just add in a part somewhere that give him a first contact with the group, and after that, he was presumably allowed to stay and be part of the Nine, that would explain his working with them.

Do those things, and I'll have him accepted by tomorrow afternoon. ;)

And with that, I withdraw to catch some Z's. Cya tomorrow, y'all!

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlandDenizen on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Updated my character info. I limited and explained his abilities a little and moved them into his history.

Edit:
Also I guess I could get rid of the horns if necessary.

DreamlandDenizen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:24 am

Hey, dude. It looks perfect now. And no need to get rid of the horns. I kind of like them. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 am

Ok, I have updated my submitted character and made changes to the quality of writing while at the same time trying to cut down on given text, however sadly I feel I cannot down the word base any more without actually eliminating elements of my character. I have rephrased words and changed some words altogether where I missed certain mistake before and added a history extension that explains he was paired with the nine due to the nature of their task and his own being fairly similair, thus in time finally got signed over to the nine after being teamed up on mutiple occasions. It would seem fitting considering his designed purpose and the Nines mission to fight back aggressive races, so naturally he would of been teamed up with them even as a seperate command unit in the past.

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:45 am

Alright. Just do one more thing before I accept it. And please don't take it the wrong way; I'm not trying to be a roleplay fascist on you.

But could you divide the text into smaller/sgirter paragraphs of text, of, say, six or seven lines of text per paragraph? It makes it a lot easier to read, not just for me, but for the other players as well, when they need to read up about your character. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 am

Loxley wrote:Alright. Just do one more thing before I accept it. And please don't take it the wrong way; I'm not trying to be a roleplay fascist on you.

But could you divide the text into smaller/sgirter paragraphs of text, of, say, six or seven lines of text per paragraph? It makes it a lot easier to read, not just for me, but for the other players as well, when they need to read up about your character. ;)

No, I appreciate you're feedback and if I wasn't prepared to comprimise or negotiate I wouldn't be role palying which demmands a lot of it. I have tried to set up the format of my character profile accordingly to you're request and hope that you no longer feel like you're reading large walls of text when scanning my profile. I seperated each of the paragraghs by a 6-9 ratio due for the sake of sense and not cutting off from specific topics but it's mostly close to you're specifications.

If I could I would simply draw my character..but sadly I am too poor for a digital pen board and my printers can't really handle my light pencil work.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 am

That's a very mature attitude. :D And good work on the editing. It was a lot easier to read now, and I might add, it was a very interesting read. Good character I say!! He's accepted. :D

Alrighty, guys. I'm gonna give it another day, possibly two, for any stragglers to up their characters. I'm also, possibly, going to add another character myself. So, tomorrow or on sunday, I'll kick off the roleplay. Hopefully and probably tomorrow. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:03 am

Alrighty, y'all, I've opened the roleplay. Introduce your characters and enjoy yourselves! :D

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Loxley wrote:That's a very mature attitude. :D And good work on the editing. It was a lot easier to read now, and I might add, it was a very interesting read. Good character I say!! He's accepted. :D

Thank you very much, I am gratful for the compliment.

I have replied to the introductory post and have proof read and spell checked, It should be adeqeut but inform me if it is not and I will modify it once more.

Statement
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:12 am

Hi there. This seems like a very intriguing story, but i have a question. What exactly is the situation with technology, in a bit more detail? I know the Anu have access to it, to some level, but is the rest of the world basically stuck in the middle ages?

Failkidd
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:07 am

Hey, man. I'm glad to hear you're interested in the roleplay. The more the merrier, I say. :D

As for the technology, that's a very valid question. As you say, the Annunaki have access to technology, to a great level in fact, but it's very restricted to Annunaki only. Though I might throw in some (even more) ancient technology popping up, for the sake of the story.

However, humans, Elohim and Nephilim are all without technology, and stuck in the iron age.

They might see occasional technology by the Annunaki in use, but (with the exception of those humans that are members of the Nine, who have a greater understanding of the world) they won't understand it as technology. Rather - using the only references they have - they will understand it as various religiously and magically tied objects, like for example "flying chariots" (for any flying objects), "a god of thunder" (For an Annunaki who uses firearms), and so on and so forth.

Basically, they will misunderstand most technology as being the divine powers of the gods in action.

Edit to add: Statement, sorry, I missed your post here. Your opening post was great, though in the future, it would be good if you could limit your descriptions a bit, as sometimes they are a little bit over the top. No biggie, though. ;)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!