Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ways of the Samurai

Ways of the Samurai

a part of “Ways of the Samurai”, a fictional universe by Skittle_Overlord.

There are many ways to live one's life, even among Samurai-restart of Samurai Life

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ways of the Samurai”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ways of the Samurai

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 am

Revenge is best

served bloody

Kobayashi Chinatsu-dono is a lady of great renown. Known for her power and discipline in following the lead of her husband, Kobayashi Gendo-dono. She was taken as an example for all the women of the land, and envy for the men. She was a symbol of peace, beauty, obedience, and control.

Until someone destroyed her world.

In a swift raid done by none other than Yousuke Haru-sama, a warlord looking to take control of the province that the Kobayashi household watched over, Lady Chinatsu-dono's family is slaughtered before her eyes. She manages to escape with the help of her loyal retainer, Kohaku-san, along with his daughter. Torn by rage, loss, and by the lust for blood, Chinatsu-dono has foresaken the image of peace and beauty in trade for a sea of blood. She herself is not strong enough to hold a sword, but she has plenty of means with which to find those who can. She sends Kohaku-san and his daughter to find her five of the strongest Ronin to join her cause, and the reward she offers is handsome. Along the way the Samurai will face shadow walkers known as Shinobi, hired swordsmen to take them down, and the cunning and cruel Warlord Yousuke Haru. Another difficulty they face is in fact, one another. Personalities and ways of life clash, along with rivalry and pride.

Are you willing to bathe yourself in blood?
Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ways of the Samurai

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fullmetal642 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:06 pm

This seems interesting, but are you looking for realistic samurais or something likeSengoku Basara series? Eithier way this really interest me, and I am willing to make a character.
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything."

- Adroc Thurston of Eureka Seven

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fullmetal642
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Alright, I edited the rules, so go have a looksy and it should explain your question quite thoroughly. C:

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:54 pm

okay, i just copy and pasted my character, will we be restarting the entire thing now? or just continuing from where we were?

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

you know, since new people will be joining as well, I want to start from the beginning, but I don't want to do that because it would bore those who were here before. So how about we do this to where we start from when we set off, with (however many of the original people join) and go looking for the rest through a try-out session?

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:18 pm

yea, its all good. I just feel like.... sad. because i lost all my previous posts lol

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Hmmm. Reserve me a spot for a shinobi, or should I say "Kunoichi". lol

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:37 am

Genkaro is here.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TiMMMaY!!! on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 am

awesome

TiMMMaY!!!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ippo on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey there. I forgot to list it but I'd like to have Isao on Lady Chinatsu's side. thx!

Ippo
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 pm

alright C: glad to have you Ippo, Jay, whenever you're done I'd be happy to take a look, and I like the cast we have so far, very glad we have some adversaries too. I may have to play the warlord myself if no one takes him.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jaybt9 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:01 pm

My character is finished. Still needs a avatar picture though.

Jaybt9
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harlequin Smile on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 pm

This has definite potential. Time to go write up a character. Question. What's our eventual goal, the death of Tairo Yousuke? Five against a warlord? I like those odds.

Also, women could be and were samurai. Look up Onna Bushi on wikipedia. Just sayin'.

Harlequin Smile
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Glad to have you<3
Those were high nobles though, at least from where I researched, and they had to act and dress as males too, and so were considered males. I have allowed SOME things that aren't completely acurate to fall through, like for instance the Kunoichi wouldn't normally be able to fight hand to hand at all, or at least it would be very rare (they were more like infiltrators) but I allowed it for rp purposes. And so I am just going to keep it to where women aren't Samurai to not confuse things too much.

Just to let everyone know, the mongol thing with TiMMAY's character would be accurate in the Sengoku period, since the Mongols recently invaded and whatnot, but were eventually driven back. The Sengoku period is right before the time when Japan became anti-foreigner and secluded themselves.
Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:52 pm

GUH DOUBLE POST

I accepted the little miss Jaybt9, although keep in mind she won't be very strong at all, stealthy sure, but not really a fighter that would be able to measure to the five samurai that are going to come up. Character death in this rp is a possibility, so if you engage them then their is a good chance she'll die if they don't wish to show mercy.

On a happier note, perhaps she can be Yuki-san's Meiko when in disguise? As in a trainy Geisha, usually Meiko played instruments while the Tayu danced.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:09 pm

So... when shall we begin, or are we waiting on certain spots to be filled still?

I'll play the warlord if no one else wants to.
And… Here… We… Go..!

If I kill you in a forest and there isn't a law against it... is it murder?

I got 99 Souls but a Witch ain't one.

Need more players for my newest role-play World War Five If interested please join.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harlequin Smile on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:14 pm

My character is up. It's undecided who he's working for yet. Skittles, go read your PM.

Harlequin Smile
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Smile@: yes maa'm!

done

I went ahead and put him as one of the one's working for lady Chinatsu-dono, since we badly need those spots filled.

@Raven: I need the Warlord and Kohaku, since they are kind-of important. You can play the Warlord, but I don't know if I'm shoving him on you or not? Three characters is kind of a lot, unless you like to play multiple, I do but I know others don't. And I would require him to do certain things, which makes him sort of my pawn. Which is not fair to you really. So if you're willing to put up with my demands then you can make him, but otherwise I would really need to play him.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRavenandThePawn on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Don't worry I've once played like 10 different characters at once, and I'm fine with him being a NPCish multi-controlled character.

TheRavenandThePawn
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:49 pm

alrighty, then go for it! Thanks, that takes one person off my shoulder :)

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!