Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Adventures in Ri'atal

Vokurian Dictionary

a part of “Adventures in Ri'atal”, a fictional universe by Blackfridayrule.

A mixed technology world of intrigue!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Adventures in Ri'atal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Vokurian Dictionary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Vokurian to English Dictionary
A successful novel should interrupt the reader’s life, make him or her miss appointments, skip meals, forget to walk the dog. - Stephen King

The same should apply for an RP.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Vokurian Dictionary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:13 pm

ji'ci'ira: hunter in the dark, night hunter, monster, human, soldier ect.

Telekanyeh: "may you live through the night", is a blessing or a farewell.

a'ae: i, me, mine ect.

gata: you, yours ect.

gi'io: "the unexplained", refers to anything magical

tele'aitahir: "may this find you well", a greeting.

Talyis: "bane"

hi'a: an exclamaton, like, "oh!"

aganye: thanks/thank you ect

au'ri: person, is general and nonspecific to race/gender

a'aita: sorry, apologies

Tio'ira: Death's metal, refers to a particular alloy of metal that prevents shifting

tio'jiale: metal thunder, refers to a gun/cannon, or other types of manmade explosives.

ai'ahae: travels, journey, ect. often used in conjunction with telekanyeh, ie. "may you live through the night in your travels". Can also refer to an expedition or adventure.

hai: decision, will, wish ect.

jatal: refers to a female, she, hers, woman, ect.

ja'ni: refers to a male.

nonyeh: to release, relinquish, give away, discard ect.

i'isen: take, steal

al'hatol: anything, everything, all, ect.

jian: nothing, to be empty

tol: to remain, to stay

d'jina: to forget

ii'sanyir: literally, "uniqueness" refers to either someone's face/appearance or personality traits

tele'a'jahi: be at peace, be calm, do not fear.

dauji: undeserving, to be lowly, unworthy. add a 'ta after it (dauji'ta) and it becomes "favor" or "mercy"

A note about the apostrophes in words... they represent a clear break in the flow of the word and dictate where the emphasis goes in the word, or can break up two of the same sounds (example, i'isen would be pronounced (ee-EEsen)) On occasion, they can separate two words much like a hyphen does in english. (example, Gi'io'au'ri begins with gi'io (unexplained/magical) and au'ri (person). the words are separate but still combined to form a name)

(i think that's all i have existing already, but i'll be sure to add more as they come.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Heia: "yes"--to affirm or agree, ect.

Sota: "ma'am" or "sir"-- a term used to respectfully address an elder, regardless of gender.

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Je: A prefix/suffix noting negatives, most often but not always used in conjunction with other words. "Not, no ect"

Etaan: To be offensive, disrespectful, or distasteful.

Sota'e'i'isen: King of Thieves. ((Sota is a term of respect for a superior, "e" is 'of' or 'having to do with', and I'isen is to take or steal))

Baan: and, also

Kemdiau: To joke, jest, or not be serious.

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Ci'deia: "shepherd", to protect, guard, or look after. Ci'deia is also the respectful term for non-human militia and doesn't have the negative connotation that Ji'ci'ira carries.

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 am

Vokae: silver

Tau'ae: Brown (also can mean bronze when referring to metal)

ja'niei: Son

o'oae: to eat

Ce'adi: Traitor, also works as a verb, 'to betray'

Jono: owe or to have debt

e'teio: respect, chivalry

Ai'eo: Literally, "one" but often refers to marriage.

geo'e: pretty/beautiful

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:24 pm

la'e'io-- "bothered" or "troubled". Not the same as mischief.

U'du'e-- "run" or alternately, "flee"

Lihol'an-- meaning, "i love you", but it is not the same as the word for 'love', (a'ayan) per se. This is the action of loving, a thing only said to the person you are referring to, and not to describe the emotion itself. Lihol'an is active. Lihol'an is something you do, A'ayan is something you feel.)

Ibi-- the affectionate term for one's mother, much like, "mommy"

Igi--as above, but for a father, like "daddy"

Uroja-- to bleed

Cau'ro-- "under care of" this can also be used to refer to a benevolent authority figure like a parent, or referring to the way, say, Audaj looks after his people.

so'ono-- to give up or be defeated

ha'sol-- to help

jatale'an-- "sister"

ja'vie'an-- "brother"

inin-- "needle"

vi'ioen-- "thread"

ginauanji-- "to stay with" or be together

unur-- "arrow"

la, jo, cahn -- "1, 2, 3"

Avijo-- "friend"

vio'ae-- to place blame upon someone for something they've done (or even not done!)

a'ayan-- "loyalty" but really it describes the emotion of love.

iviia-- to have or possess something, tangible or intangible.

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackfridayrule on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Yevai'anh: "focus" or "listen"

Ikhalyir: the act of being blatantly stupid or foolish

Teledovye: "may you be strong"

Blackfridayrule
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!