Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bad Hands

Bad Hands | {Profile Makin' & FAQ!}

a part of “Bad Hands”, a fictional universe by Tæfarós.

In this era of magic and politics, of man and monster, we are heroes; we are scum. We are bad hands of society, tied to the same fate. Hope you don't mind a little red on those shoes.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Bad Hands”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Bad Hands | {Profile Makin' & FAQ!}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Last edited by Wudgeous on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Bad Hands | {Profile Makin' & FAQ!}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:50 am

[THAT IS... an excellent plan, wow.]
Tae's Answers to Things and Chicken Wings

Hi dee hi dee oh!! Here's where I muck up Wudge's post with nonsensical answers! Check back here often and curiosity grows and players ask questions that I will inevitably not consider until they're brought up.

• It's about friggin' time. I know, sport, I know. Tried to suffice with a few notes, and we know how that turned out. Didn't anticipate such a large crowd, likes? But questions are good! Threads those loopholes. Keep 'em coming, you wonderful people.

• I'd suck at playing a mythical creature. You really wouldn't, I assure you. You are a shining star. Just as you don't have to be particularly knowledgeable of the culture or setting, the races are here for you to shape into your own. Now, you must always be wary of the boundaries of sense. The beauty of mythology is its name-in-a-hat mentality, but naggy old Wudge would like to remind you that common sense never fails to be a useful thing, and sometimes logic can foster some really creative shit. Just sayin', give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

• What are the schematics of yokai transformation? ~~**MAGIC**~~

Yeeeah, that stuff. Really. We're curbstomping biology for a minute here. Guises are spiritual buggers, grounded in the soul. Most can perform it within seconds; others rely solely on the forces of the Queller. What does it look like? Well, this, actually. There's whimsy in the air, ooooh. As mentioned before, transformation is prolonged by sickness, injury, and inexperience.

• Who is this Demon Queller and what is up with her fashion sense? Respect your savior. /whap

She's an avatar of sorts. Her prayer is not merely a cause for aesthetics--legend foretold that, without a being to quell them, the monster spirits went mad, and any ounce of their humanity was lost. She fixes this, of course, makes progress. Others follow in her footsteps, usually trained Shinto priests and priestesses, but none possess her gravitas. And that's all you will know for now.

• TANUKI? IN MY YAKUZA? Indeed. As mentioned in the little world summary, society is fully aware of yokai among them. Some are more accepting than others, sure, but the spirits are fairly well integrated. That boss is an oni! Well, sure. Why not?

• Do humans have magical capabilities? Somewhat. It is not unheard of for a human, in a fit of true passion or drunken lust, to "inherit" the powers of yokai, but these are rather unremarkable. Such artifacts exist that grant great gifts; seek them if you can. The Queller and similar humans differ from this, but the latter will not be important for now.

• So I heard you like missing fingers. Have you seen my window collection?

Yubitsume is just what you think it is: screw up, pay with a finger joint. Why the yakuza couldn't opt instead for body wash or incense still remains a mystery, but rituals are rituals. This will happen if you aren't careful, and you will perform it without haste--yubitsume is the sincerest of all apologies. Just be glad it isn't death, or some weird, cultlike punishment. I hear the Dogs slice off asscheeks.

• What are these titles? And numbers?! You know, gangster stuff! Formalities and cock struts. Yakuza have this thing with keeping records. They're proud of that stuff. So an oyabun's passing and succession marks a new era for the family. 3rd Terajima Chariman becomes 4th and so on. Because subordinates will pass in and out of yakuza branches, and because the oyabun is frequently the only member to see a complete era, numbers are applied only to him.

Titles can be official or self-given, Dragon of the West being a more intimidating example, and Douche of the South just... yeah, you can infer.

• Can I play as a (insert unlisted/foreign/unicorn race here)? IIE, BAKA!!!11!!

In all seriousness, the races thread is there for a reason. If I missed a critter in demand, then I'm terribly sorry. You may see one or two exceptions show up among the character sheets, but such instances will be rare, and unlisted creatures that do take part were proposed before the roleplay's inception, plot-related, or drummed up with a damn good profile. I will indicate when they can be played if you have a smashingly bang-up idea, but stick to listed ones for now.

• Stop using that font. 8)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Bad Hands | {Profile Makin' & FAQ!}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 am

Full name:
Wudge's Guide to a Plus Profile!

That's Tae's idea of a title. Not mine. Ain't she sho clever.

Ah~hem~hem~hem. Greetings! Wudge here, your delicious co-gummy, reporting for duty. It seems mighty unfair to throw you guys into the judging fray without any idea of what we're looking for, so I'm here to sorta rectify that. Belated though this is. I'M SORRRRYYYYYYYYYY

(No fancy formatting until demanded. Also Tae has the right to completely rewrite everything and demand I post her version. Might be updated!)

And yeah, I did cheat and pull a few from a nearby elsewhere, sue me.

AND ONWARD!~*~*~*

• Be Open-Minded!~ An agreeable attitude goes a looong way. xD Your character just barely meeting the requirements? I let you in anyway! Because you're so damned cool....!! >///0///<;;;
    But seriously, acting like a sourpuss when we point something out as "not working" or just plain failing to suspend disbelief; being overly defensive and taking everything personally... no one likes that. So avoid doing it if you're sincere about wanting to get in.

• Life. Trick me into believing your OC is out there wandering the streets. Make him real and believable. Try to not pull too much from yourself, because the Wudge does not like self-inserts, but we want our suspension of disbelief to remain suspended please! "Round" and "depth" are two words you should love and invite over for dinner on a daily basis.

• Originality. Look at what other people are doing, and be as different from them as possible. We want special snowflakes here. I don't mean you have the right to make your OC overpowered in any damned way, I mean they should stand out from the crowd. But Wudge!! You just said you wanted him to be realistic...! Yeah, find a way to balance the two, because they're equally important. Stand out from the roleplay world, blend into reality: That's your goal.

• Go get plastic surgery: attach an annoying little brother to your arm. You will need his constant "Why?"s and "How?"s. Try to always have a reason your character is the way he is. Back shit up with more shit. You are piloting a fail boat upside down if you put one-word responses to more than five fields in the character skeleton. DEEEETAAAAAIIIILLL! It will only help!

• Try not to let your character be "the best" at anything. No, not even bowling. Though if they're just so narcissistic they only think they're godly at things, and that's fine and dandy!

• Don't overdo the trauma llama. Angst and drama fuel for no reason are just... no. Please. I mean it. It's been done to death. Enough with the being raped by family, enough with the long lost cheating lovers, enough with the dead wife and kids and parents, enough with inexplicably regretting inexplicable violent tendencies, just stoooooop.

• DON'T FUCK WITH THE NPCS. H'okay, Wudge, calm down now.... But both on the profile and in the rp: NPCs are people, too, guys. Just because they're not in the spotlight, doesn't mean they're all mindless drones. They are not all in love with your character. They are not all afraid of your character. They are not all gullible and stupid guardsmen who are knocked out with a mere roundhouse kick. Treat them with at least a little respect, from you as a roleplayer. In fact, I'd strongly advise you to just leave NPC-ing to me and Tae, or else dabble with them as little as possible.
    (This seems a bit irrelevant now; seeing as all NPCing will be done by me and Tae. Hahahaaa... check the "NPC Sheet" on the character page to see how that's going to work, for the confused and reluctant folk.))

Wudgeous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!