Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Plague

Plague

a part of “Plague”, a fictional universe by Neman Fox Jr.

In a small medieval town, surrounded by a dark forest, a small infection turns into an outbreak claiming many lives and turning the rest into horrible abominations.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Plague”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:25 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Plague"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimmyTheRat on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:29 pm

This seems really interesting, would it be alright if I made a priest with some fighting training. It would probably be based around him training to be a knight then he saw something gruesome to turn him to the path of the church.

This is usually how it goes down if I don't like you: t(-.-t)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JimmyTheRat
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Yep, that sounds pretty good. I'm not really going to throw people away right and left with characters. I'm hoping to create a nice flowing story is all.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 pm

So this sounds interesting, but i have one question......people can just kill your character without asking you??? o_O
I mean i've been in RP's before where RPers can die, but people usually have to ask the other person before they can just kill their character, or if someone doesn't post in the RP for like three or four days, THEN their character is fair game to be killed off by the GM unless they message the GM...or something like that.......ya know!?
And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea; Can ever dissever my soul from the soul,
of the beautiful
Annabel Lee....

<3

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:32 pm

No... You have the chance to be killed off through story progression. But, a character controlled by someone who's posting cannot outright kill you. You can have conflicts that end in a fight and such, but character death will not be the result of someone typing in that they sneak up behind you and kill you. I'll even add that into the rules so there is no confusion. Thanks for bringing this up. I understand how that may have come off like that.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Mmkay! Just wanted to make sure people couldn't go crazy and kill whoever they wanted whenever....lol

I'll make a CS!
First though, do you want to post a character skeleton? Or do you want us to just create a CS according to our own skeleton?? =D

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 pm

I think it's better if you apply to the character what you think is appropriate, you know? Make the character your own. There aren't any definitive qualities that a person does or doesn't need in the story to make it feel real.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Mmkay!!
Gimmie a few hours........my roomie is talking a mile a minute over my shoulder...........so yeah, i probably won't be able to focus until we stop talking and she leaves for her room or something haha. [<3 her though......of course! lol]

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

hahaha... Take your time. There is no rush when it comes to creating an engaging story.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Santii on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:54 pm

This sounds good mate creating a charater now

Is it ok to put pictures in the character sheet (it will be artwork not real or anime) and are we a small band of survivors that sticks together or are we all by ourselves fighting eachother and monsters?
"Forget all that formal crap 'bout comin' at me one at a time. I'll take all you bitches on!"
Mugen - Samurai Champloo

Santii
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Well, initially, we might all be seperated, but the hope is to survive by working together or fall apart by not. You know? You can do whatever you'd like with your character (As long as he/she fits into the medieval setting of the story). The setting puts people in a position where they may be able to profit off of helping or exploiting others. You can really do anything. And, yeah. You can put the pictures in.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Santii on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Sweet just sudmitted my character cant wait to start this is going to be fun.

Santii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Awesome! I'm kind of new to all of this but I'm hoping that I can use my writing to help me through it all and get better. The best part of the role playing stuff is learning how to develop characters and in depth story. That's what I like... Haha... It's going to be a blast.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShijiP on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Heh. I just feel so out of place posting. Like...I should just be quiet. I'm new to this as well, and not all that bold.

ShijiP
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Just start off with your character wherever you feel comfortable. I made my post with my dude killing his bride to be. It felt like a nice way to start off his story. It shows where he stands in all of this. There are no regrets you will have with writing your first post in this.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Santii on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 am

Yeah im just finishing up my first ic post would it be cool for my guy to run into yours as you are leaving that building?

Santii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 am

I don't see why not. Just flow it man!

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 am

Hey, I'm really interested in this RP, a quick question though. Wizards...Are they limited to a specific "school" or am I allowed to pick which "school" they're from (i.e illusionist, necromancer, pyromancer, etc.)
Also, I know we're in the medieval times, but around when? Mid or late? For I'm thinking my character will also be an alchemist.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neman Fox Jr on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 am

Well, it can really be anywhere in those times. Alchemist is fine. Just be sure to not make your character too overpowered. You don't really even have to classify yourself to just one certain school of magice. You could be a dweller in all fields of the craft. But, yeah, the exact date of the story isn't too important. It's a fictional land. I just wanted to be sure there weren't any crazy guns or anything like that. You know? I hope that answers your questions.

Neman Fox Jr
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 am

omg, people have started posting already! =O

Hey, if anyone posting reads this, ill give you a horde of cookies[or w/e the heck you want lol] if you wait to post for another hour, so i can put up a CS, read all the current CS's, and then read all posts >_<

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!