Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anomaly

Anomaly

a part of “Anomaly”, a fictional universe by Cadounus.

A freak accident results in the escape of some highly dangerous "Anomalies". Can they be re-captured? Or will this be the beginning of the end for mankind?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Anomaly”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Anomaly

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Click HERE to read more, and to APPLY!!!

The Intro:

Professor Crossman sat down for the first time in 12 hours, and felt his feet throb, relieved to finally be given a rest. A small sigh escaped his lips as he leant back in the armchair, feeling the luxurious leather squeak gently against his skin. This blissful relaxation lasted only mere seconds though, before a screeching alarm jolted him back to his feet.
Instinctively, he tugged open the door, made from 6 inch thick, industrial grade steel.
A young man in a lab coat was hurtling down the corridor toward him. Crossman immediately noticed the dark red patch of blood that was spreading across the mans left thigh.
“SIR!” The man yelled between agonizing breaths, “They’re out.”
Crossman’s eyes flew wide, as he swiftly processed the terrible information he was being given.
“What?” He questioned quickly, “All of them?!” His voice was shaky and frantic.
“As far as I know.” The young man’s eyes scrunched up in pain. “I think everyone else was killed.”
A rock appeared in Crossman’s stomach, pulling it to the ground.
They were all dead? His expert team of researchers?
“Okay.” Crossman said, massaging his temples, and trying desperately to think on his feet. “How did this happen?”
“That’s the problem.” The young man winced again. “We don’t know. We don’t know how they overpowered us.”

Crossman nodded firmly.
“Very well.” He spoke, quietly, formally. “Call the White House. We need to get going.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hey everyone!!!
So basically, the premise of this roleplay is that a research facility had some sort of mishap, resulting in the escape of many highly dangerous specimens. As a result, A team of highly skilled assassins must be dispatched to try and capture or kill the specimens.

Professor Richard Crossman began his research into these specimens, often referred to as “Anomalies”.
The “Anomalies” are all very unique specimens, and they are each a member of a different “race”. Each of the Anomalies has extremely different strengths and weaknesses. In response to their escape, Crossman quickly liased with the White House to set up what is called “The FDA Initiative.” The FDA initiative is a group of highly trained human assassins, outfitted with incredible technology and weapons. Their job is to either capture or contains the Anomalies, for the safety of the human race.
Below is a list of races, and their abilities. If you wish to play an Anomaly, you must choose a race from this list.  The alternative is to play a character in the “FDA initiative.”
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

RACES:

Human
You can play a human Anomaly.
This human has to have a special skill though, something that sets them apart from others. Be it an incredible speed, and a nimble body, or perhaps the ability to self-heal from all but fatal shots. Be nice and specific about what makes them special.

Immortals
The immortals are an incredibly fascinating race who are resistant to mortality. Bullets cannot penetrate them, and knives can barely pierce their upper layer of flesh. They heal at a normal rate, but just do not die. Each one has a single fatal flaw, which can kill them. They keep this secret very closely guarded.

Vampires
Not much explanation needed here. We all know what Vampires are. Although it’s probably worth saying that I wont be accepting any Edward Cullen’s that are submitted.

The Undead
This race of “Zombies” should be familiar with us all. Although they are slightly different. Unlike the sluggish, stupid zombies we often see in horror films, these undead are swift and smart, with a lethal bite, which can convert you into one of them.

Ogres
These incredibly dangerous beings can tower up to 8 feet tall. Their heavy-set, muscular frames make them formidable opponents. They are disgusting, cruel and powerful monsters, with an unquenchable bloodlust.

Werewolves
These are, on the outside, normal humans. But they can turn into a vicious, rabid wolf at the flick of a switch. Different people’s transformations are set off by different things. Some are triggered by anger, others by fear. Some have even learned to control their transformations, able to do so at will.

Demons
The demons are winged, dark angels. With blood red eyes, and dark souls, they are incredibly quick and extremely proficient with ranged weaponry.

Shapeshifters
These have the ability to transform their body into any shape, or being.

Psyches
These people have the uncanny ability of “Telekinesis”. They have the ability to move things with their minds, and even infiltrate peoples minds. Their skills need a lot of training, and must be trained.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Ideally I’d like only one of each race. But if you really want a race that is already taken, let me know.
Also, if you would like to create an Anomaly from a race NOT listed above, let me know.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Click HERE to read more, and to APPLY!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Anomaly

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Can I reserve the Psyche please?

Also, you don't have a character skeleton so other than the obvious (age, name, personality etc.) what kind of details do you want?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello. :)
You can indeed reserve the Psyche.

If you click the link that says "Click here to read more, and to apply!" you will be taken to the roleplay tab. There should a character skeleton there, if you scroll down. :)

Thanks!
~Cadounus

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Thank you :)

Ooops sorry, trying to read too quickly so I could reserve a spot.
Got it now :) Will start making a character and hopefully should have them up tonight.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 pm

No problem! ^_^

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KayEyeEmm on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Can I have the human anomaly?
you cut my soul.
i cut my skin.
its like a game.
but who will win?

KayEyeEmm
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I'll reserve it for you. :)

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 pm

How about a Trans-Dimensional Being? Could ya give one of those to this guy?

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Trans-Dimensional? As in, a time traveller? Haha.

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alambil on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I would like to reserve the shape-shifter please.

Alambil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hingyou on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Would a wendigo be a viable idea? If it doesn't sit right with you or you don't want to have too many different anomalies, I would like to reserve the undead instead.

Hingyou
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Nah, as in, "from another dimension." 'Cept he doesn't know it.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35 pm

@Hingyou Well, I'd usually say yes, But there arent't many people who quite know what Wendigos are. Haha. Or quite what they can do. So i'll reserve the Undead for you, if thats alright. :)

@NewKidOnTheBlock Ohhh, Okay. Yeah that seems fine to me. but what would your special abilities be?

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Put up the character.

And before you downright deny me a chance to play him, due to his seemingly unsurpassed power, I want to let you know that I will play him fairly, and give all players equal compliant power. Plus, there are a limitless amount of things that limit him: for example, while he is intelligent, he's not so much smart. He's very prone to emotional stimuli, and, as mentioned, whilst in his 'anime' form, he is prone to normal damage. Even in Jiusen Ijō no Enerugī, which is like a Super Saiyan form, he is prone to damage, and exhausts himself in the process.

Any other questions/complaints, again, I am willing to answer. I plan mostly on using him for humor and meme references. :p

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Alright, I'll accept him.
Just to be clear though, you are interested in the roleplay, and the progression of the plot?
Not just shtick? =P

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Of course. Lep has his own serious side, too. And can perfectly advance plot.

But I of course will USE ALL THE MEMES.

PREPARE YOURSELF.

EDIT: I almost forgot.

VANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILA!
Last edited by NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Its happening already!

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Oh, did I say, "I will"?

I LIED. Image

I presume we wait, correct?

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cadounus on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Yeah, wait for a few places to fill up first.
I'll post a character soon, too.
Looks like i'll be playing an FDA guy, seeing as no ones interested in them. :P

Cadounus
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, a majority of them can be NPC'd. Those that choose to create characters for the FDA will just survive...and have more ultimate power. Even if they're a simple janitor.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!