Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The March of Progress

The March of Progress

a part of “The March of Progress”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

In the Empire of Valon, magic has been brought under control. It is directed, manipulated like electricity. The people live a life of safety and privilege...but what is the cost? Where does the power come from?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The March of Progress”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The March of Progress

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 am

"The March of Progress"

Welcome aboard RPers and prospective joiners. I am Vit, pleased to meet you. This is the March of Progress main OOC thread, and is the place for any questions, ideas, notices and general chatter relating to the RP.

I want the character concepts to be mostly down to you guys and to encourage some creativity and diversity, so if you have an idea you're not quite sure or or need some advice on, by all means ask.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: The March of Progress

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdellRazh on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Hoi, hoi.

Do you have any sort of limit on characters per person? I've three in mind, and I'd like to know what limitations may-or-may not exist before developing any of them further. Nothing worse than having a well developed character rot away, after all.

Edit: Oh, and as two of those ideas are mages, might you be willing to expand on how magic works in The Explicarium? More specifically, are mages limited to a given type? Where to they draw their power? Might being a mage enable one to enhance their physical abilities?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AdellRazh
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Hello there!

Not hard limit on characters, you can have as many as you can handle. I'll probably end up with at least four.

Magic, (I'll add this into The Explicarium soon) as I see it, is a natural form of focusing the energy that mages and magical creatures manufacture in their bodies. It can be used in many ways. Many mages will have an affinity towards one ability or another and may develop it spontaneously, but other 'spells' can be learned through training. Their power is drawn from the magical energy thier body manufactures. Like blood, it replenished itself over time, but does not do so quickly. As a result a mage can get drained by using magic, and doing so too severely or too frequently can make the caster unwell. Spells that can enhance physical ability do exist.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdellRazh on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm

So the Mana/Eregorn explanation, then. Good to know.

*plots* I guess I'll start throwing characters at you tomorrow. You cannot stop it! MWAHAHA!

AdellRazh
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 am

How many comrades do we need before we're going to start ?
Fortuna favet fortibus

nltniko
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 pm

I am to have it running within the next few days. =)

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TRUE-ASSASSIN on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Wait wait!
Am interested to join this! Will have a character running and breathing as soon as possible.

TRUE-ASSASSIN
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Is this still open? (:

Madmoiselle
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:18 pm

Still completely open, we could do with some more people on board in fact. =)

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Can't wait to get into action :D

nltniko
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TRUE-ASSASSIN on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:39 pm

When do we commence? I'm gettin' impatient.
I usually suck at breaking ice,so who's the Victim *cough*volunteer*cough* for the first post?

TRUE-ASSASSIN
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 am

You're complainin' that we haven't started yet fella ? If i remember correctly it was you shoutin' WAIT WAIT xD
'sides i'd say it Heart that should start

nltniko
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TRUE-ASSASSIN on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am

Correct! I am the last one to write! Joking

TRUE-ASSASSIN
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Sorry folks, I've had issues with technology and unwarranted overtime at work. All will be underway tonight!

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SuperNinjaRoo on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am

This looks awesome! Can I still join? I can have my character in by tonight!
SuperNinjaRoo

SuperNinjaRoo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Yup. Always room for one more :D

nltniko
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 am

By all means, I look forward to seeing your application. :D

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

Sorry i haven't been postin'. Internet have been down and a lotta other stuff. Have posted now so yeah. I'm finally ready

nltniko
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!