Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Necropolis

The Necropolis

a part of “The Necropolis”, a fictional universe by NorthernSoul.

The undead take over Victorian London.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Necropolis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Necropolis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 am

Welcome! This is the OOC thread for 'The Necropolis', a zombie RP set in Victorian London.

We're always on the look-out for new RPers so if you'd like to join, check out the tabbed RP at the top or PM me to get a gist of what's going on and how you could slot into the story.

Otherwise, this is a place for plotting, discussion and general OOC-ery. Have fun!
Last edited by NorthernSoul on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: The Necropolis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Game Master Zero on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 pm

This is quite good, I'm interested but I don't see a character limit or reservation limit or anything of that nature. So I'm thinking you're open to whatever or you already have the people you need. Assuming is never good, that is why I'm hoping you'll respond to this with an answer to ease my mind.
ImageGame Master Zero
"Expect realities to be broken, dreams to be shattered, stories to be devoured, for the Game Master only accepts the broken, lost, and ruined."
So, will you enter the master's domain?

Click --->The Zero Series <--- Click

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Game Master Zero
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Glad to see I've reached the accolade of 'quite' good. As a Brit (and used to British understatement), I'll take it as a compliment.

And nope, as you can see there are no characters accepted yet besides my own and there's no set character limit. If I get loads of interest, I might cap the RP at around 10 RPers or so but I wouldn't worry about that yet. I'll add this info to the introduction.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Game Master Zero on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh goody, then I shall take this opportunity to make my character.

Game Master Zero
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Northern I should have characters to you by Friday, maybe sooner. Hope that is alright.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

No worries, Skulls. Friday's fine. And note to everyone who's submitted characters- I'll only approve/reject them once they're finished!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyNd on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Thank you, glad you accepted the character (and presuming liked them). When are you - roughly - planning on starting the RP? Just asking out of curiosity.

LadyNd
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 am

Okay got in later than expected yesterday but I will get you a character!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:42 am

Are you still accepting? I'd like to submit a character for this. ^_^
This is a story about two boys
The taller one has a gun tucked into his waistband
He thinks the bullets are meant for him.
The older one has a record player in his head
He sings along to the same five songs.
They know each other
Down to the colour of blood
And the sound of bones breaking.
But they are strangers.
The one with the gun keeps forgetting the words
And the boy with the music won't let him shoot.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:51 am

Yep, still very much accepting- go ahead!

And I'm planning to start the RP early next week, either tomorrow or Tuesday.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyNd on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:11 am

Awesome, ha I have the day off so I'll be impatiently waiting for people to post :L.

This is just about the character Isabella (my private messaging doesn't seem to be working so sorry to lovechanningforever) Yeah I love all of it and have added her into Basil's character sheet as well. Sorry again about taking so long to reply, I was trying to figure out the bloody pm system :/

LadyNd
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 am

If you have 10 or fewer posts, the PM system might still be blocked to you. So feel free to spam here if you like!

And sorry for the delay! Maybe you could get working on the bulk of your first post? Figure out if Basil's going to be on the omnibus or walking down the street etc. The general gist of my introductory post is detailed on the RP tab so you know approximately what will happen. That way you can post ASAP once I've got my arse in gear and we can get a decent momentum going!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 am

Oh, darn. I'm sorry, the application I was working on was deleted. This is bad, I was counting on finishing it this weekend. :(
I'll most likely be busy tomorrow onwards, but I'll try to get some time to submit it. I'll use a custom application, a little more detailed.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Go ahead with the posting, just wait for another character coming up.

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyNd on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 am

I think I just hit 10 posts with that last one!

Sounds like a plan :) I'll probably put Basil on the omnibus. Are we going to call the zombies "zombies"?

LadyNd
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:57 am

Not to worry Tania- I'll make sure you're involved in the RP as soon as your character is submitted. There's plenty of opportunity to introduce people at any stage but I doubt we'll have advanced far enough past the introductory scene that joining us at the beginning would be a problem.

As for what to call our zombies... That's a good point. I guess because 'zombie' is derived from Haitan Creole our characters wouldn't use it unless it was suggested to them. Dead, Undead, The Turned, Infected etc. would be fair game. If you come up with something more suitable and Victorian-sounding, do let us know!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LadyNd on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:05 am

Maybe "Corpses" just seems more formal or "The Turned" seems fitting. Or possible "cadavers" but just because my character was a surgeon.

LadyNd
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GourmetItalia on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

I might suggest vile nicknames like Hookem-Snivy Lepers, Muck-Snipes, shivering jemmies, or lost pidgeons. S'Victorian era street slang 8P

GourmetItalia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 am

Which reminds me. How did people then speak? Like 'tis (I.e. "Young lady, din't yer mam teach yer any manners?!") Or in a formal manner (I.e. "Have you not heard the news yet, Miss"?)

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 am

Er... I suppose then, like now, how one spoke was dependent on one's place of upbringing and socioeconomic status as well as the context. And to my ears, the first of your examples sounds like a vaguely northern English accent rather than someone from London. Feel free to attempt regional accents if you want but if you don't feel comfortable with it, I'd rather be spared pages and pages of Mockney.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TaniaSoulEater on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:43 am

Hm. I'll try and perfect it, then. ^_^

TaniaSoulEater
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!