Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shades of Penumbra

Character Creation Help

a part of “Shades of Penumbra”, a fictional universe by TurtleSoup.

The word Vampire is known throughout the world from west to east, north to south but all our lives we've been told that it's just stories and legends. That's what they want you to think.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shades of Penumbra”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Creation Help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

This is just a brief page to help out those stuck with aspects of making characters and to save you having to ask.

Character Thumbnails
A picture of your character is preferred for this. The best way to get a HQ picture is to copy and paste the picture you want into Paint then crop it to a roughly square image.

Click on the resize button then go into pixels. Change the two numbers to 100 x 100.

Click save and there you have a correctly sized thumbnail.

Race:
These are the following I will accept. Others may be added to this list so if you have something in mind please feel free to ask.
Human
Human Hunter
Vampire
Werewolf
Ghost

Original Place of Birth: Anywhere on earth is perfectly fine.

Gender: This is quite self-explanatory but again I will accept any forms of this from the generics to trans if you really want.

Appearance:(Please give a description and a picture.) A picture helps to give a facial reference and the description is to help visualise their general expressions and or clothing. I.e. if they are a stern looking person or someone with lust filled eyes, etc. or if the particular person you wish to use as a face for your character isn’t wearing the right sort of clothing for them then this is where you can change that.

Height: In feet and inches. 5 ft 10 is average for males and 5 ft 4 ½ is average for females. (In England & US) Though this can be broken and you are ok to make a six foot five female if you wish.

Quirks/Flaws: The little bits of info that make a character more human.

Weapons/Items if any: This is more for hunters and vampires should they choose to.

History: Just give a background on your character. Length isn’t important but try to write a decent amount of info without turning it into a Novel.
Million to one chances, crop up nine times out of ten.

The thing about stories is that you have to pick the ones that last.

If all the world's a stage, then the techies must be gods!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Character Creation Help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StormsMayCome on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm going to make a character for this roleplay, but I had a question.
Is it okay if my character is half human, half vampire?
If you want details, I can PM them to you, but if it's a no, it's totally fine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StormsMayCome
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Re: Character Creation Help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SalmaiLeore on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Hello!

I was curious if you were still accepting characters into this. If so, I had an idea. Is there a way I could be a human, but caught by a hunter as bait? I would of course play the hunter only until he was no longer necessary. The human "bait" would be the main character. On that same note, I imagine there is no attacking by either side within the bar, right? Just trying to get clarification.

Please let me know if this is acceptable and/or if I need or am missing information about the rp.

Thank you!
:-)
The desire to write grows with writing.

Salmai

SalmaiLeore
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!