Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Scattered Dreams, Fragmented Unreality

General Chat

a part of “Scattered Dreams, Fragmented Unreality”, a fictional universe by Igari.

To the average person, a dream is just a glimpse into an impossibility and nothing more. To those few, however, it is the place your inner self--your persona--lives, where your imagination thrives. And this connection is all that may keep you alive...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Scattered Dreams, Fragmented Unreality”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

General Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 am

Welcome to the OOC Thread of "Scattered Dreams, Fragmented Unreality"~

Here, you may voice any opinions, views, thoughts, etc. If you wish to create your own thread, be sure to notify me first in a PM so that there aren't any repeat threads or one-liners. I like keeping everything organized, yes? Looking forward to hearing from each of you~
I fell into that purgatory between waking and dreaming, the transient space existing between conscious and subconscious. It was beautiful... ephemeral. And I could not help but wish to stay forever.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: General Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:02 am

This seems interesting, and I'd love to join it as a way to get myself back on my feet (recently took a break from writing because roleplays I had joined previously died and I just didn't want to be bothered with it). Though, I will also be PM'ing you about this extra special slot, so Six is just what I will take if I deem (or you deem) I am unfit for the special role.

EDIT: Got ahead of myself and submitted a finished core concept for Six anyway.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackIceRocker on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:29 am

Hey, Igari,

I PM'd you about this already, but I'm interested in joining up as dreamer number seven. I've already got an interesting concept in mind (I elaborated in aforementioned PM) and I'm looking forward to see what you think. Do you think we might also be able to talk about that *SUPER SECRET ROLE* you've so tantalizingly dangled in front of our faces? Unless Key is, of course, going to take it, then I'll be satisfied with one role as well.

BlackIceRocker
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:56 am

Well, to be fair, there might as well be *two* special roles but the second is a "reserved-till-later". So I may give that to a member of the roleplay at a later date. That particular concept can't be revealed yet though so that's why I'm just marking it as an NPC for now. (Slot #3) Now, as for the OOC messages :3

@ Keywork I'll be taking a look over your submitted concept and get back to you about the role. Ahaha. My PM will include points about both so be on the lookout.

@ Icy Yep yep, PM is a-go and I am fine with that character idea. I'll go ahead and put down your reserve slot. I will be telling Keywork a bit about this role and see how we will move forwards from there. I'd prefer it (to be honest) if a singular person only controlled a dreamer or a special slot. The only reason I had to take both was because Compendium is plot-important and is sort of GM-essential for what I've got planned X3 But I will see how the conversation goes and get back to you.

Igari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am

Okay, just wanted to give everyone an update about the main intro page! First of all, let me address something that happened in a previous PM.

Normal dreamers only have one pulse, lucid dreamers have two, and those in the special slots have three. Those who are normal will eventually awaken as lucid and thus gain two but that will not be for much later in the roleplay. Please do not ask me for a second pulse off the bat or try to acquire this early on.

As for reserve slots! I have put everyone down who asked and received two PM's for reserves. So you're more than welcome to check out the main page for who has what etc. Now as for Keywork, we are working through if we'll be going forwards with the dreamer concept or the special role. That being said, I have not noted Keywork on the main page for reserves.

Remember everyone: 600 word posts minimum. I do not judge by WPP counts on your profiles but I do pay attention to them. So long as you can keep up, then we'll be just fine! :3 Very excited to see what each of you will be submitting!

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HansenetteHeart on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Why, I see this RP is back up...Quinera approves, she has been climbing the walls! Happy goodness! :3
Have people always been this angry? I’ve got a funny idea that before the internet people were just writing ‘fuck you’ and attaching it to pigeons.

HansenetteHeart
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Siryn on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Hey hey its up! I am excited. I am in Florida right now though, but I will be back Sunday afternoon ish. Lol, I will have my character to you no later than Sunday night Igari ;)
There is Magic all around, you just have to look to see it...

Siryn
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:10 am

Mmkay! Sounds good, Qaida :3c I was getting a little worried there but if that's the case, talk with you soon~

Just so everyone is aware~ We have full slots (we kind of filled up in less than 12 hours after this RP was posted O_Oll) and I expect that we will be able to start later this week or by next week. I give everyone a week to finish their profiles so don't feel as if you are on tight time constraint~ I can't wait to see who everyone will end up submitting! If you have any questions or concerns, you can always comment here on the OOC or shoot me a PM.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 am

Just a quick update for everyone~ I almost have all of the profiles but a good majority (four of them) are still in the editing stages. I have only allowed fully finished ones to be accepted and visible so far. Everyone has until Friday to give me their completed characters so again, take your time with your work. If you are having trouble or need help with a character aspect, I recommend you shoot me a PM.

I will be sending PM's to everyone tomorrow to check up on each of you, see how you are progressing with your sheets. Just like staying on top of things~! After everyone is in, I will be explaining a little about how we will start off. Nothing too major but definitely will want everyone's input. Have a fantastic weekend guys and excited to start! ^ ^

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 pm

And, after forcing myself to finish the personality section today, I've finally finished and submitted my character. If anything needs to be changed or something, let me know.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am

I'd just like to take this time to blatantly suck up to everybody and say that I love all of the characters that have been submitted thus far.

I may or not be bullshitting just to get on your good side when I say that in the years I've been roleplaying here, that these are some of the better written characters I have seen.

I'm not actually bullshitting, you guys are great.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:20 pm

How dare you bullshit me, sir! I shall not stand for this insult on my honour! En guarde, ye foulmouthed shitter off bull!

In all seriousness though, yeah, these are definitely some amazing characters everyone has written up. Which makes me a all kinds of excited, as this is also one hell of an interesting roleplay. Can't wait to get started.

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm

The pieces have been placed, the board has been laid out, the players readied, and now that the game is set it is simply a matter of time before it begins.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:44 pm

So, since I don't really plan on my character being in Tinker Tocker, being the anti-social reject that they are, can you explain how all the other people are appearing in the field/meadow?

In a normal explosion I'd assume they were blasted and fell from the sky, which would both give Korias a reason to actually walk in the others' direction without it being overly coincidental and be extremely comical since they get to see people flying through the air and crash. But, this isn't exactly a world limited by what's normal, so they could have just as easily been teleported away or something, which would explain why everyone is basically fine.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Good questions, Life!

Tinker Tocker was destroyed, as noted before, so your character wouldn't necessarily have to be in the rubble at all. It's actually a coincidence that Qaida posted Kiyu as being near the field (I was surprised too), that was just a place I had chosen generally for Erixianti. In all honesty, our characters could be anywhere at all. They don't have to necessarily meet up in the first or second postings--it will be a progressive thing.

I agree with the comical aspect and was hoping that perhaps one of the dreamers who were not in the explosion would either witness it from afar or "see them flying through the air", so to speak. XD This would work as an element to draw them closer to the "crash site", as it were.

Now you are right and wrong about teleportation. Normality does not apply as heavily here. Think about it when you dream yourself. You can fall for great distances, that sort of thing, yet still remain unscathed despite the fact that you were thrown that distance. It works similar here. The "teleporation" aspect is merely reliant to carrying them a fair distance from their starting point. I will be making use of this later on but another example I can give you. Directions are not always so "straight forward".

Heading east, Erixianti could easily just be warped somewhere else, that's pretty much how it works. Each place is actually in its own little knit "bubble", as it were. (I will be explaining this more in RP but am going to give a general gist for now) So when you cross a boundary, everything will transition--scenery, location, setting. That being said, the explosion threw her out of the boundary of Tinker Tocker--the transition occurred and left her laying on the ground in the new area.

This is part of what I like about the RP--we have freedom to go a lot of places fairly quickly. Now a quick note about not grouping up so fast. Not going to rush the "meeting" in these few beginning posts but for plot purposes, I do need to begin grouping people together at some point in the near future.

I think that about covers it but I enjoy questions <3 So feel free to ask away if need be.

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leej10100 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:51 pm

I do have a question, well two really.

The first one, when you said watching them fall from the air . Are the people watching only lucid dreamers or are there some normal dreamers who have already been there and can see them falling.

And my second question is about the bubble aspect, can a dreamer be in the same bubble as another dreamer, and if they can should we just discard them as a dream for now or should we interact in someway?

Sorry, if my questions are confusing.

Leej10100
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:11 am

Lucid dreamers and normal dreamers are really not all that different, aside from awareness and the pulse aspect. (There is a third thing included in this but spoilers <3) With that in mind, normal dreamers are fully capable of having been to Tinker Tocker at some point. But unlike the lucid ones, they would've had to have ended up there by chance and not by choice. However, as we are in the time of "The Dreaming", the dreamscape is a bit different than it would if the world was functioning normally.

All of dreamspace is now encompassed in an over-arching dream bubble, smaller places in their own individual bubbles inside of the larger one. However, because the expansive world is now under one "aspect", if you'd like to call it that, this is why normal and lucid dreamers alike can travel within the world freely. As for how much awareness they will have whilst traveling--normal dreamers will just think this is like any other "dream" they've had and not be aware they are actually in "The Dreaming". To them, it'll just be an adventure for "the night".

If you would like a better comparison for how normal dreamers are going to view things, merely think about how you dream on your own. I personally am a lucid dreamer but that took a lot of years of practice XD That being said, when I am not in a state of lucidity, I am just dragged along on events and am not really aware that I am dreaming in the first place. It will all just seem "real".

So all dreamers are in the same "general" bubble and therefore can interact. Now, in case it isn't clear--your dreamer would've had to have been in the smaller bubble of "Tinker Tocker" (which in and of itself is quite large) in order to have fully seen the explosion. Otherwise, there would've been nothing to see. As for seeing characters flying through the air (Erixi's poufy skirts, that image), plausible if in the same bubble as the land-site if not in the one bearing "Tinker Tocker".

This also will explain why our characters can't just "look somewhere" and see what is in the distance. The scenery will seem to spread for miles and it takes someone who knows the dreamscape to understand where the boundaries really are and where everything is placed. Another reason why the two lucid dreamers are in separate groups. Over time, the other characters will begin to learn the dreamscape better but for now, will only know the places inside their own dream bubble (created from the years of sleep) or the scant few places they went to in the world at random whilst dreaming.

Hope that cleared up your inquiries <3

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 am

Wait. Are our characters supposed to currently be in the state of dreaming, or just be the inner selves wandering about?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Igari on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:34 am

Ahaha, in a state of dreaming. In the intro, I detail that the waking world has fallen into a comatose state due to the dealings of The Entity. So literally everyone has fallen asleep. Now before this brings up questions about brain waves, what is happening in the world of the waking, and how they can dream whilst in a "coma", I assure you that these questions will be dealt with in time. For now, just consider all of our characters in a state of dreaming--that is why this new "era" is called "The Dreaming".

Igari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Hello again to those with whom I am acquainted and greetings to those with whom I am not. Can't wait to get a post up here soon and join the impending action.

<3s to all!
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!