Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Though I walk through the valley...

Technology

a part of “Though I walk through the valley...”, a fictional universe by Mosswine Leader.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. They who protect us also protect me. I will fear not the Emperor, nor his workers of inequitude, for I know mine hand is just in its cause. Lords guide me in my righteous work..

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Though I walk through the valley...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Technology

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:09 am

Ship Tech:

None of the ships currently in production have the ability to go FTL, though they can achieve incredibly high velocity thanks to hyper-efficient fusion reactors and thruster design. FTL travel is currently only possible through planet sized space stations that act as hubs in an enormous web. Each station has specified places it can send ships, meaning depending on where you need to go, you may have to make several jumps.

The stations work by warping space and time at their core around the ships, made possible due to their immense size. Once the process is started, the receiving station unfolds the wrinkle, gently ushering the ship through to it's destination. Each station can service up to four incoming and one outbound Righteous Maiden class ship, several hundred Swift Dagger class, or any mix in between. If a Righteous Maiden is going through a station, however there won't be any ships in loose space for thousands of cubic kilometers. They'll either be docked or somewhere else, as Righteous Maidens only fly when there's a critically serious problem somewhere in Empire space.

These stations are also how they can send FTL communications.

Medical Tech:

Dying in an Empire hospital is almost unheard of. Their doctors are masters of their craft, and the advancements in artificial limbs and organs mean that even if most of your body is destroyed, if your brain survives, they can still save you. This expertise also transfers into the aesthetic market, covering things as simple as tattoos or plastic surgery, all the way up to grafting on new or extra limbs, or adding devices to enhance the senses of the receiver.

Offensive Tech:

Of all the things intelligent life devotes themselves to, it always seems that War gets the majority of their creativity. The multitude of ways the galaxy has developed to kill each other is absolutely astounding. Hand-held, suit mounted, immobile, vehicle and ship based. Organic, chemical, nuclear, kinetic. A veritable cornucopia of death, just waiting for the right person to pull the trigger, push the button, throw the lever, or enter the code.

Handheld fire arms come in many flavors, some very efficient, some showy, some just silly. Things like rail-guns, laser cannons, exploding dart guns, cannons that shoot acidic goo.

Armor exists in both personal and mechanized forms. Anything from simple bullet proof jackets to fully environmentally sealed, ablative plated Titan mechas exist.

Immoble weapons and turrets range from simple auto guns to exotic plasma mortars with built in seeking mechanisms.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!